Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ats not launching.. :(

Ion

Question

Hi guys, i'm here because i want to buy ats, i played ets 2 and it was so cool so today i downloaded ats 2 demo and i got a problem. When i press the "play" button the game is "running" in steam library, my friends see me playing the game and the process appear in task manager but only for 5-10 seconds then dissappear and the game stop running.

What could i do ?

What i tried: -reinstall and update my graphics card; reinstall the game; reinstall steam; restart laptop and modify resolution of game from launch options but nothing happened...

The game worked fine 2-3 weeks ago but now idk what happened...I have windows 7 x64 bits, help me pls ;(

20 answers to this question

Hello,

Are you launching it via the TruckersMP.exe or through Steam?

If through TruckersMP.exe, have you tried through Steam?

If all above has been attempted, through Steam and TruckersMP.exe, try this:

Verify Integrity Steps through Steam:

1) Open Steam and go to your Library.

2) Right click on American Truck Simulator and click Properties.

3) In the box that has opened, click on the Local Files tab.

4) Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

5) Let it do its thing, after it's done it should prompt you with information on whether or not the local files need fixings, if they do then click "Update" or whatever the primary option is to get it up to date.

6) Try starting ATS with Steam again.

If none of the above solutions/tips help or work, please let me know, I'll be glad to try and assist you further! :-)

10 hours ago, ToastinYou said:

Hello,

Are you launching it via the TruckersMP.exe or through Steam?

If through TruckersMP.exe, have you tried through Steam?

If all above has been attempted, through Steam and TruckersMP.exe, try this:

Verify Integrity Steps through Steam:

1) Open Steam and go to your Library.

2) Right click on American Truck Simulator and click Properties.

3) In the box that has opened, click on the Local Files tab.

4) Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

5) Let it do its thing, after it's done it should prompt you with information on whether or not the local files need fixings, if they do then click "Update" or whatever the primary option is to get it up to date.

6) Try starting ATS with Steam again.

If none of the above solutions/tips help or work, please let me know, I'll be glad to try and assist you further! :-)

same problem..

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Are you running as an Administrator?

i tried to launch normal and with run as administrator but nothing..

Try disabling your Anti-Virus and turning off Windows Firewall. This may solve your issue.

I have heard that running as administrator can make it not work.

If none of these suggestions work, try going into your Steam Library, right clicking on ATS --> Properties. Click "Set Launch Options" and enter the following:

-autoconfig -fullscreen

If none of that works, I have no further suggestions, sorry. Unless you want to try and re-download Steam, but make sure you know your login information.

18 minutes ago, Ion said:

I dont want to use mp, i just want to play single player.

I'd recommend buying the game. The Demo may have 'expired', or may be broken in some way. Buying the game thus supports the creators, SCS.

If you go into steam, Go to American Truck Simulator, Right click so the drop down menu come's down. Go to Preferences and click Set Launch Options and type in " -windowed " That usually works for me when it opens for a couple minutes and then just closes!

Hope this helps!

Wolf.

21 hours ago, ToastinYou said:

I'd recommend buying the game. The Demo may have 'expired', or may be broken in some way. Buying the game thus supports the creators, SCS.

Today i bought the game, now i wait for download.

20 hours ago, hiddensnowwolf said:

If you go into steam, Go to American Truck Simulator, Right click so the drop down menu come's down. Go to Preferences and click Set Launch Options and type in " -windowed " That usually works for me when it opens for a couple minutes and then just closes!

Hope this helps!

Wolf.

Already did that, thank you anyway..

Edit: I downloaded the game and same problem...

Do you mean gamelog.txt from documents\americantrucksimulator ? Well, i dont have that folder..

I reinstalled my windows and now i get the "has stopped working" error...i tried to use all versions from properties->beta but same problem...

Oh :( Now i installed mp mod and it doesnt work, i get this error  "Could not inject DLL into game process" .. If i use "none-opt out of all beta versions" mp work but i get "has stopped work" error at the game...Single player work with unsuportable_32bit ..

I deleted everything i had on my pc...

MP doesn't work with demo nor 32-bit version of the game.

Adding on, IF you did buy it, what is the version of your ATS? Because its up to version 1.3.1.1s ATS and 1.24.2.2s ETS2. You got to wait for a TMP update if's it's higher.

Also, yes SP works and MP doesn't because they are different entities.