Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Rotterdam Lag and Freezing

Cbrady40 [G29]

So I was entering Rotterdam and I have gone here enough times to know I freeze upon first entering so every time I enter I have my four ways on to warn users of my laggy and freezes when I enter. 

So someone comes along and rams me against the guardrail and I recieve around 70% damage and 40% cargo. Then I said I was lagging. Guy which I assumed it was him who hit me, said in chat to 'buy better comp' and 'reported'. I won't say any names so to not stir up anything but seriously? At least I had my four ways on unlike most people who just stop on the spot with nothing on at all.

Just a little rant and how some people are quick to assume that everything is done on purpose which I have never hit or rammed someone on purpose, nor do I stop in the middle of the road on purpose, its only when the lag gets so extreme that the game freezes up.

And while were here can anyone tell me if theres a way to lessen the lag or shorten the freezes?

It will always lag and freeze at Rotterdam.

This can be reduced by disabling avatar's next to a user's name and disabling development logging. To get to these options: Open the tab list, right click and then use the mouse to click on the options cog. From here untick the boxes for avatar's and development logging. This will reduce lag and freezing, not cure it.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

19 minutes ago, deco13 said:

The issue of lag is the Flags DLC mainly

The Flags DLC does cause a bit of lag, however every since the multiplayer has been around, Rotterdam has always been laggy, the main reason behind this is due to it being the main crossing point from the UK to mainland Europe. The best way to avoid this is to go via the channel tunnel. There isn't much lag, but when exiting the tunnel, please be careful as there can be a few collisions on the exit.

^ You can't blame him honestly everyone knows that they are going to lag when going to rotterdam some people just don't have a choice. I too go to rotterdam when i have a delivery going their. The spot where the lag usually hits has no emergency lane so he does the right thing by putting his blinkers on. Also people should know that rotterdam lag and atleast go a bit under speed limit just incase someone infront of them lags

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

the problem is not the game itself, but in multiplayer or resource used called RakNet. there is a timing issue when more than 20 people in the same perimeter causing lag.

Another factor is that the PING or milliseconds slower when higher is causing gross displacement of the object and thus causing casualties and heavy damage.

On 30/6/2016 at 7:49 PM, JackKermit said:

The Flags DLC does cause a bit of lag, however every since the multiplayer has been around, Rotterdam has always been laggy, the main reason behind this is due to it being the main crossing point from the UK to mainland Europe. The best way to avoid this is to go via the channel tunnel. There isn't much lag, but when exiting the tunnel, please be careful as there can be a few collisions on the exit.

I never had lag with my gtx 960 4gb OC before the release of Flags DLC, after the release fps go down around 10 with 5 players, in Rotterdam 3fps w 50 players (DLC). Normally my fps is around 30-40 with 70-80 players (before the DLC).

I have been helpful to you? Lifts thumb! Thank you! :D

ItalyMap

Do you want to see where am I? Maps!

Do you want to see my session? Watch me!

Facebook Google+ YouTube

• 2 weeks later...

Archived