Why can't others see other people's DLC?

Hey,

The title is a bit off, but the best I could come up, which is somewhat related to my question. 

Is there a way to make other people see your DLC ( Cabin, Wheel, Griffin ) without allowing them to use it? Not to brag about, but now with the new Griffin it actually makes the truck so much more customized, and special, and from what I've seen so far is that the custom of the truck now looks weird, obviously because it's not supported yet, but after it is - how will it look to those without DLC? The same as it does now,  or will it look as the truck is intented to, according to the owner?

From before I bought the wheel DLC, it made the rims be completely black, which is a bit unfortunate. Now I do have it, but I guess those who don't have it, will only see black tires and rims?

Now, I'm not a pro at coding, nor this game, but isn't there a way so people without DLC can see your wheels, cab and Scania customization? Is it something legal in the way?

Regards.

2 minutes ago, Memduh Basgan said:

No. If you don't have the DLC files in your documentary , how do you think you suppose to see it ? 

They could implement it in the serverfiles, just as the wintermod. But tweak it, so people without can't buy, nor use it. Since you're linked to your steamaccount, it should not be impossible to make people who try to cheat, not use it, since the server just could check with the specific user.

1 minute ago, Digi7al said:

If you do not have the content in the DLC, you cannot see it and there's no way to do so. TruckersMP can't allow you to access content you haven't purchased.

I'm not saying they should allow them to use it, more as see it. More like adding a texture, so they can watch it.

1 hour ago, Memduh Basgan said:

Mate just read what we wrote. It can't happen ıf you don't have the dlc.

I do have all worthy DLCs, so I can see them. But what is stopping, if the files are implemented in the installprogram? Just as the wintermod, everyone can download it, but if you do not own the DLC, you can't use it. Only see it. It could just add them to the directory that needs those files, and then in-game prevent them from buying/using them. It would basically work just as the wintermod.

__ 

EDIT; okey, clearly a better answer from the two last ones. Thanks for the reply. 

Regards.

But I have a follow-up question, even tho I mentioned it in the beginning - how will you fix the rearlights, cuz of now, they can't been seen of anyone, but what I see now, is what people without DLC will see. So that means, they can't see rearlights, braking and blinkers. How will you do about that? Because somehow they need to fix this, to allow the mod in MP - otherwise people might be blinking, but it can't be seen. 

Any solution, or ideas how to fix this, without breaking copyrights?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived