Adding Pick-Up Trucks and More Cars

Name: Adding Pick-Up Trucks and More Cars

Description:My idea, and the idea of others, would be to add more cars, to the multiplayer, or at least a pick-up truck, the Ford F-150 is the truck in mind. Adding this, and possibly setting things up so that the ford would take the place of the car at Peterbilt dealerships while you could buy the car at Kenworth dealers, or vice versa.

Pictures:

Why Should it be added?:

1.Having more diversity in the traffic that goes around would make the experience even cooler(Unless someone decided to mess around).

2. I would think that a lot of people who are into semi's would also be a fan of pick-up trucks, because they're like the symbol of the modern day MAN.

3.I wanna drive this instead of the car. lol.

ford-601x338.jpg

If you look at posts similar to yours in this section, all have exactly the same answer and so will yours. "TruckersMP developers took over a year to make the car that you currently have in-game, therefore there will not be any other cars added to the game at this point in time because of the time factor and the effort that went into making the car."

So no, there will not be any more car's added to TMP any time in the future.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Tylergo20 said:

to be ohnest the cars are crap and usless should be reomoved takes the fun away from game and makes to much mayhem

No matter what you say, they won't listen to you. And plus if you make a bunch of suggestions of these, you'll just be rejected over and over and over...

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

¡Hello!
I think the game is based on a truck simulator, and already with the car pilot & police, there is no need to add any other vehicle.
Since under the point of view it is a simulator of Trucks.

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

^^ The car was added as a personal project from the developers, the original idea was to make them Police cars, only for admin's use. Finally, they decided to make it so every player can use a version of the Scout, which I still believe it was a mistake, lots of people stopped playing the game as it was intended to and started messing around with cars. And lots of people have been asking since the release of the cars for new models, pick ups, american cars, vans, etc. based on "If they could make the Scout, they can make a Ford F-150 (or a BMW, Audi, Ford Transit van or a Volvo bus). It seems that nobody is aware that the car took more than a year to be developed and it has raised a lot of complaints about its handling, its brakes, its drivers, etc. The Scout car is nothing else than a Scania truck with a modified body. The CB radio is something very common in trucks all over the world and if used properly, it would be a great communication tool in the game. "Something small like a basic thing or a bod that everyone would like"... Based on what? How do you know what "everyone would like"? I wouldn't. And by seeing the replies to this and a lot of similar topics in the forums, there are more people like me, this is a truck simulator, if you want to drive cars, there are lots of games out there for that and even mods to do it in ETS2 or ATS (SP of course).

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say something, I didn't wanna start a new thread so I will just say it here:

First of all, it is pretty unrealistic seeing a Skoda on ATS because irl it's not registered in America yet AND in-game there's that company (forgot its name) which is based off Tesla, why not make a car based off this company just like what you did with the Scout? Second of all, I know that you guys spent TONS of time (one year) and effort in order to make this car a real thing so isn't it possible to make the other car (the one on ATS) based on this one? All you'll have to do is to design the exterior and interior and totally remove the engine sound (cause it's an electric car) which will get me to the last point, why don't you guys make a contest or sth to see who will design/make the best car (based on the tesla lookalike company on ATS) and the winner will have his car put into the game (only ATS or both)? I've seen so many talented people who are willing (and some of em already did) to do a car project for MP. That way you guys wouldn't spend that much time and effort cause it'll be faster and easier by working with the community, it'd be more realistic cause there's no scout company on ATS and last but not least, it'll bring players back to ATS again! Thanks for your time.

Edited by [TM]TheTsTdriver

76561198115490814.png

53 minutes ago, [TM]TheTsTdriver said:

I just wanted to say something, I didn't wanna start a new thread so I will just say it here:

First of all, it is pretty unrealistic seeing a Skoda on ATS because irl it's not registered in America yet AND in-game there's that company (forgot its name) which is based off Tesla, why not make a car based off this company just like what you did with the Scout? Second of all, I know that you guys spent TONS of time (one year) and effort in order to make this car a real thing so isn't it possible to make the other car (the one on ATS) based on this one? All you'll have to do is to design the exterior and interior and totally remove the engine sound (cause it's an electric car) which will get me to the last point, why don't you guys make a contest or sth to see who will design/make the best car (based on the tesla lookalike company on ATS) and the winner will have his car put into the game (only ATS or both)? I've seen so many talented people who are willing (and some of em already did) to do a car project for MP. That way you guys wouldn't spend that much time and effort cause it'll be faster and easier by working with the community, it'd be more realistic cause there's no scout company on ATS and last but not least, it'll bring players back to ATS again! Thanks for your time.

So what you're asking is for the mp team to try and create a separate car that is for ATS only to fit the US theme?

well firstly, wait a year, maybe 2. Because the entire thing would be built from the ground up because you can't exactly try and drag, copy and paste from the scout. 

Secondly, if you want to bump the size of the mp download up by double, then fair enough.

thirdly, because ATS is NOT played as much as ETS2, in effect, the man hours and resources put into that vehicle will go to waste. 

Also, the intention for the scout wasn't always to release it to the public as a drivable vehicle for all, it was originally going to be admin only with the police lights and skins, but got changed to release it to all, so be grateful for that. 

Furthermore, creating a model for mp has to be extremely closely watched to make sure it isn't an exact replica of the real thing otherwise.., copyright!!! 

All in all, unless ATSMP perks up to 1500 online players on all servers, there's no point adding a game specific vehicle, plus it's not exactly that easy to do depending on how the Scout is hard coded in.

• 7 months later...

TruckersMP is not going to add any third party mods anytime soon because it would require an additional download, thus making the total file size bigger which leads to longer download times. In addition, those modifications always need to be supported by the latest version of the game which cannot be taken for granted when using external mods that have not been created by TruckersMP. Unfortunately, the developer of the cars left the TruckersMP Team and is not staff anymore, hence why adding new cars is not going to happen as it would require too much work.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.