Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Allow a maximum waiting time at EuroPort

Penguin

1 hour ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

@AlexKERNEL I realize this, and I have created a new suggestion, but the mods accidentally locked that one instead of this one....

Can't get hold of any of them...

I completely agree now that players should be kicked instead of giving a maximum waiting time, it's a better solution than banning.

Anyway, here is the NEW suggestion, however the mods locked it.

personally, I don't see kicking people as being much of a way of stopping people parking where they clearly shouldn't.

What would be better is if, before someone gets banned, the admins take a screenshot of what they are doing wrong and post it with their ban/kick to point out the reason why they have been awarded this punishment and what they should do about it in future, that will kill 2 birds, 1 stone, people wont complain that they have been wrongly banned anymore and people who feel the need to park where they shouldn't are given the information they need to know about how to not get banned/kicked for the same offence again. solves your problem and solves most issues with the systems in place and stops admins getting an earful for doing their job.

@AlexKERNEL

No, I haven't created a mod.

The purpose of this thread was to avoid admins banning users so much and giving them a maximum time they could wait until they were kicked.

After reading through the replies, I changed position and realized this solution should not be implemented, and instead just allow the admins to try and kick first, keeping their bans for worst case scenario

It's just really because I want the game to be enjoyable :)
Hope that helps clear things up, if it dosen't please PM me :)

Many Thanks,

Penguin

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

@megadethsteve666 Actually, that sounds a pretty good solution :) 

However, I would ask the IGAs to kick the user, then attach the evidence, then ban the player if they are a repeat offender.

Obviously as we both know, kicking won't solve everything, and it's inevitable that a ban will be issued at some point, but that should be only when all other solutions have been tried.

If any of the IGAs are reading this thread, I'd love to hear your input on this :)

Many Thanks,

Penguin

Waddle On!                    

@AlexKERNEL

Fair enough,

I have of course read the rules, I'm not asking for a rule change now, I'm simply just asking that the IGAs kick first, then ban.

Just immediately banning can solve problems, I agree, but I feel it would solve a lot more if the admins showed some discretion, and kicked first :)

Keeps everyone happy :)

~ Penguin

Waddle On!                    

@AlexKERNEL

Oh I completely agree, but don't you think a kick would work better in the first instance?

New players are prone to make mistakes (even if they do read the rules), if they're banned for an honest mistake then it really puts them off playing.

A kick would make them think twice about their actions, and then they can do better next time without punishment.

Of course, if they screw up a second time then of course, a ban is completely needed.

~ Penguin

Waddle On!                    

Yes of course, users must read the rules.

Everyone makes mistakes mate, I'm not trying to argue with you, so I'll leave it here, but I just feel that players shouldn't be IMMEDIATELY banned for their mistakes, just kicked first.

Thanks,

~ Penguin

Waddle On!                    

Yesterday saw a player who began playing ATS in 25/06, he walked in wrong way  more than 200 meters, then crossed the bed of the opposite lane trying go to the city.

Most people do not read the rules. A "kick" is not such a "serious" punishment. Even a brief AFK causes automatic kick. Receiving a ban might force them to read, at least.

76561198274653564.png

1 hour ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

@AlexKERNEL

Oh I completely agree, but don't you think a kick would work better in the first instance?

New players are prone to make mistakes (even if they do read the rules), if they're banned for an honest mistake then it really puts them off playing.

A kick would make them think twice about their actions, and then they can do better next time without punishment.

Of course, if they screw up a second time then of course, a ban is completely needed.

~ Penguin

I have to agree with Alex here, everyone has to read the rules of the mod, if they break them, they deserve to be punished to the maximum extent, no matter if they have 3 hours or 3000 hours.

Your suggestion is like the real world police turning to someone who just killed someone and saying "oh because its your first offence, we will only give you a £100 fine, just don't do it again".

And yes, im comparing murder to parking at EP because both are very serious offences, EP is THE most busiest part of the map, if you have people parking, blocking or overtaking there, it causes havoc, if people just get kicked like they would anywhere else on the map, then whats stopping them relogging and causing a problem once more? even though its their first offence, EP really should have its only exclusive rules where there's no second chances, if you cause trouble at EP, you get banned, period, that's how serious this situation is.

Hell I just passed through EP and found it clogged up with traffic with people stopping on the side of the road and forcing traffic to have to move over and near collide with oncoming causing oncoming to stop making the whole queue slam the brakes to avoid wrecking the guy in front.

So excuse me but, when this area of the map is the busiest part, people should not get a reprieve, anywhere else on the map and you're fine, but because EP and Rotterdam are the most busy areas, they should be exclusive and have the most strictest rules, that's the only way to alleviate issues and keep traffic flowing as best as possible through this area.

As I said before, the only thing I would like changed with the ban/kick system is that if an admin bans/kicks you for an offence they have personally seen, they provide evidence to you to prove you were in the wrong, that stops all these whiners complaining that they have been wrongly banned, yet it turns out they are a repeat offender.

15 hours ago, Penguinexpert1 said:

^ I can of course see your logic there, however I do have to disagree with you.

To avoid arguments let's wait until the mods un-archive the correct thread xD It would be helpful

Just waiting on a response from @TruCkDr1V3r  on this

that's your opinion, but its not accurate or correct in the slightest.

As a point, you are the ones arguing. you make a suggestion which is to be read and talked about by the whole MP community, yet when people disagree you don't see where your idea doesn't work or even attempt to take on a different redition fo your idea.

If this were my idea I would scrap it completely because it wont ever work in the intended way.

EP and Rotterdam should have their own rules that ARE MORE stricter than anywhere else on the map because of the sheer volume of traffic, both this idea and your other idea will never work in EP and Rotterdam, anywhere else, yeah, but EP and Rotterdam should have rules that are 1000x stricter than anywhere else, so if you block the road or go AFK in a bad place, you ARE banned, you ARE kept away from the area.

I don't think you really understand the implications an idea like this will have on both the traffic and the admins.

But how would the admins actually keep track of everybody @Penguinexpert1? Lets say 3 people are stopped at europort and the admins have no idea of long they have been there. Should the admins start a timer everytime someone is not moving? it's just not practically viable and if you have ben unfairly banned just use the appeal system! Because just if something happes that rarely someone gets unfairly banned whe shouldn't change the whole system! 

BTW i have seen that you have been unbanned now which means tthe system worked right?

I took a pill in ibiza                                

@Scandinavian That ban was for a completely different offence and I haven't been banned for parking at EP, because I haven't done it. I'm no longer suggesting that a minimum waiting time should be introduced, instead suggest that the admins kick a user first, before banning them.

Of course once a user has been banned then I fully agree for users to use the appeal system, however it would just be better if users weren't banned in the first place, with the ban tool being used as a last resort.

Hope this helps

Penguin

Waddle On!                    

Archived