Can i use this kind of trucks in MP?

Can i use hybrid trucks like this wihout getting a ban?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?02665a4e053b368d56d966b6b5571696o.png
http://subefotos.com/ver/?35822104591b08f011c9649783063941o.png
http://subefotos.com/ver/?b3d9f6953a6e507221c86dd333ab06c8o.png

The first Photo i think would be considered excessive save editing As for the second one I think it would also be considered the same. For the last one im not 100% sure on that.

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

What is the point of doing this?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

16 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

fun

16 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

you are an admin :l could you tell me if i can use them?

2 hours ago, TruCkDr1V3r said:

Hi there,

You can only use the 3rd one, but I recommend you don't save edit, it has no real point and it can only crash other people their games.

really?  How can that be true? "it can only crash other people their games." when players use combos that are well how to say in a cloud it could be 1 of 100s of combos. There have been editing of trailers in ATS that will cause crashes. As for hybrid trucks they are fine.  Now if there is a combo of a hybrid truck that can cause crashes i would like to see that please.  I have seen the trucks such as in image 1 multiple times and seen no players look to be having issues. image 1 example: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541924111317903767/072E838B999FB5531BFF1195E7F79608EE12AF38/

image 2: everything on that truck except the cab and interior is daf xf euro 6. the cab and interior are of course iveco 

image 3: everything of that truck in for the volvo FH16 except for the chassis is is mercedes actros 2014

images 2 and 3 only have at most 2 parts on it changed.

more items in interior http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/447357553626629603/797E999D7586D6C15CA44CBDA1099A287EAB2484/

convoy truck http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/455236206131947959/58B9503F18D608C33F70D10906C0FE9E8EEE0308/

These items have caused no problems at all.

[BRONY] Fuso / Derpy 

@Fuso/ Derpy I think that point is this is still a simulator, and hybrids are allowed as they do give the customisation, however that many lights (image 1) cause issues and the sideskirts make image 2  impossible IRL. all hybrids are unlikely IRL, but could be done. I think what @TruCkDr1V3r  means is that they will crash others' games if it is done incorrectly, and it is very easy to make a mistake.

okay i can agree with that.  cautious and careful when editing saves games is important (I will not explain how to edit saves).  My Mercedes RV I use it for cruising normally without a trailer. I want home extensions over the rear axles but its only a dream sort of like the studio cab on the KW900.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/441731696584559864/D518631980E462716CDEECA7EB3F3ECDD5AB6389/  imagine the rear axles have a home on it.

[BRONY] Fuso / Derpy 

5 hours ago, Fuso/ Derpy said:

really?  How can that be true? "it can only crash other people their games." when players use combos that are well how to say in a cloud it could be 1 of 100s of combos. There have been editing of trailers in ATS that will cause crashes. As for hybrid trucks they are fine.  Now if there is a combo of a hybrid truck that can cause crashes i would like to see that please.  I have seen the trucks such as in image 1 multiple times and seen no players look to be having issues. 

It's better to not even edit at all, there are enough bugs that will make crash others but it didn't at first.. see the cars for example. Save editing has no real point in the first place, second is that it can only be harmful to others, even when it's a bug which cause this - it'll be bannable.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

I liken in-game customization to customizing your truck at a real-life truck dealer, and save editing to going to that inner-city tuner and tricking out your truck. Save editing makes your truck stand out and can improve engine power on most trucks. It is actually simple to do if you have a brain and it is very hard to crash others' games (there is just one possible way which I will not post in case a troll comes by).

I completely disagree with people who claim save editing has no point and frankly am disappointed with the way TMP has handled save editing (though I understand it's their mod, their policies and I do love TMP).

^

And I am very thankful for that. It was becoming unbearable. Most edits weren't even good. Either a bunch of Christmas trees with wheels that screamed "HEY!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!" or complete abominations that looked like Frankenstein's monsters; a sort of nightmare a redneck put together by picking parts that don't match at all and glued them together with awful colors. True horrors. Huge wheeled eyesores. Sometimes both! It's great to drive around and see, in their majority, normal trucks, again.

I mean, seriously, just as an example... how can someone look at this and say it is good?

csObbrp.jpg

Now, with that being said, there are some actual good/decent hybrids, but they have become so rare! It's all abominations or ridiculous Christmas trees (seriously, why all the lights? All it does is make the truck uglier and cause a lot of lag to other players) everywhere. Where did the common sense and good taste go? I remember seeing this one DAF+Iveco hybrid once (I called it a Dafeco). It actually looked very nice. Nothing over the top as we see nowadays. Its parts matched, the paintjob it was given was of a good color and, overall, it was an elegant truck. I wish I had a picture of it to show.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I do like seeing players that make proper hybrids that are as normal looking as possible and i can agree that truck above is a odd one. I like to add a little  bit of customs to my trucks for example. When you look at this what comes to mind? This is my mercedes actros RV i decided to change it last night http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/441731799634636688/2FE9D935623411469CC12768B4497D67F6A59990/

i changed the beacons that are fully exposed on the roof  for beacons that are more low profile looking so i could instead try to be cleaner looking. Its has 3 b_grill parts 1 grill for the 2 small light poles on the corners, 1 for the square lights in ther center and 2 beacons on the corners incase i am carrying a heavy load and in for when in tight areas to make the front of the truck more noticable, and the 3rd b_grill for running lights.  the front grill has 2 f_grill parts they were chosen because at first it looks as to be one piece. and  the roof has 2 r_grill parts 1 part has the beacons in the roof and the other for running lights.  extra thing to note this truck also has a Scania R sun visor below the painted visor that is so i dont have to use F4 to enable the additional lights each time i switch trucks i do that often. and it allows less lights on top to try it give it a aerodynamic look.

[BRONY] Fuso / Derpy 

5 hours ago, scania970 said:

We handled it in this way because lots of people edited vehicles so much that it crashed other players' game.

The only way to crash another person's game by save editing is by adding a DLC paintjob to a car, which would crash everybody's game who doesn't have the DLC paintjob (in the ~600m distance from said car). I crashed maybe once because of that. It was absolutely impossible to "edit vehicles so much that it crashed other players' games" because the save edited parts were already in the game. Maybe a Christmas tree light truck could cause a 0.5 FPS drop? Would that really be noticeable? About so-called 'ugly trucks', what if you see an ugly tuned car in real life? http://lh3.google.com/conceptscars/R4ojaaHD3LI/AAAAAAAABAU/1_o7utskGq4/s800/tuning08.jpg That's a pretty ugly car, but what are you going to do about it? It's street-legal, so as this is a simulation game, I feel it should be allowed. There were a few other solutions that popped into my head to prevent DLC paintjob crashing, one of which was to add the functionality to revert DLC paintjobs to stock to cars (as it is present on the trucks). If you guys could whip up a system to detect truck-car, car-truck, and trailer save editing, I'm sure this could've been done too.

Again, I LOVE TruckersMP, love the staff, love the community, but I am dismayed at the handling of save editing. It is TMP's game, so TMP's rules and policies, and I respect that, I just want my own opinion known.

^ That's the reason the staff decided to do so, I didn't decide that and I don't really care if someone uses modded vehicles as long as it doesn't crashes my game (thing that happened many times). You can still make a suggestion about what you wrote there.

And on a little side note, luckily those tuned "cars" aren't allowed in Italy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived