No Trailer Rule at Race Track

.StεvƐ.

Suggestion Name: No Trailer Rule at Race Track

Suggestion Description: To add a rule banning people from taking trailers onto the race track

Any example images: Not at this time, but is self explanatory

Why should it be added?: Since the Launch of 1.3 Compatible version, people flock to the race track, most do the sensible thing and either drop their trailers out of the way or cancel jobs, but others don't bother and go racing with a trailer attached, not only is this dangerous because racing with a tractor versus racing with a tractor and trailer is hugely different.

First of all, the trailer has its own physics so taking a turn at speed can cause the trailer to tip over and to roll the truck, blocking the track and potentially causing accidents, anger and damage to other drivers/racers.

Second of all, because the trailers take up so much space behind the truck, its hard to race with people or to pass people with a trailer because the track isn't wide enough in places to allow you to pass.

Thirdly, ive personally noticed a lot of people abusing the track with trailers when admins have been away from the area, meaning they ram people off the track by flicking their trailer around and swerving across the track, as well as blocking the track and purposely causing issues.

All in all, trailers should not be taken on the raced track, they should be either left outside the track where no one can hit them or the load should be cancelled beforehand. Not to mention that IRL, truck racing never occurs with trailers attached for the above reasons. You cant get the best out of your truck because the trailer will always hold you back and cause you to race like a little old lady. 

Having an official rule will also clear up the arguments people have in chat and on the CB about whether or not youre allowed trailers and who did what to whom with their trailer on the track.

• Upvote 1

^yeah, people do not know how to race with a trailer at all, the physics are so much different that youre more of a danger to others than if youre driving just a Tractor or a car around the track at speed, not to mention it spoils the fun when some person drives on with a trailer and lumbers around nearly tipping over on every turn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not the actual "official roads" anyway.. People are there at the race track to be in a fun area, with trailers or no trailers. Personal preference, hence such a rule shouldn't be enforced.

You might wanna race with trucks only. Others may want to race trucks+trailers with their friends. Others wanna race with the car models.

Unless there's an official event with certain rules in placed by TMP at a certain point and timing, then no.. a big -1 from me.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

On 07/06/2017 at 9:22 AM, [GlobEx] RoachCoach said:

This is not the actual "official roads" anyway.. People are there at the race track to be in a fun area, with trailers or no trailers. Personal preference, hence such a rule shouldn't be enforced.

You might wanna race with trucks only. Others may want to race trucks+trailers with their friends. Others wanna race with the car models.

Unless there's an official event with certain rules in placed by TMP at a certain point and timing, then no.. a big -1 from me.

But the thing is, it's down to personal preference as you said, but why should someone who wants to use just a cab or a car be forced off the track by a couple of people with trailers? If you want to race with trailers, then ideally you should book time on the track with your friends because not everyone ever wants to race with trailers, TMP should always be about equality and having respect for others, including the race track, because you think how much track a truck and trailer takes up when taking those turns.

plus, this suggestion was made when the track was first introduced in MP and people flocked there to race it and you had trailers dumped on the track, you had flipped trucks, it was a mess to even go near.

On 30/05/2017 at 1:43 AM, Chio San said:

I think it would be logical without a trailer to appear at the racetrack.

But I also see no reason to forbid this as long as you do not hinder other players...

I agree in a way, as long as there's no blocking or foul play, then it's fair game, but you'll always get those who spoil it for others.

This is very similar to the issues faced along C-D in ETS2MP EU2. No one is forcing you off the roads. TMP is equal and respecful as it's open to everyone. If you think it's a mess and you'd prefer against such situations, switch your server and hope for the better or go to the race track at another timing.You chose to drive/race there with a car/truck. Others chose to drive/race with trucks + trailers. It's not against TMP rules unless they pull the trailer with a car and are driving/racing. That's what personal preference is about while keeping within TMP's rules.

If you feel it's ideal, then I would suggest that you changed your suggestion to "Booking time slots for ATS racetrack" with the reason that "people can have specific race events allocated for themselves instead of random people showing up doing various events simultaneously".

For me, -1 still stands, I'll be happier just avoiding whatever that I feel against my personal preference and head to the race track at another timing from the fact that the ATS player pool is so small compared to ETS2 and peak periods are pretty much predictable. 

Have a good one.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 10 months later...

If people want to take their trailers to the race track, they are free to do so. It might not be the smartest idea, however, there are no plans to restrict the usage of trailers in that area. Other than that, who plays ATS anyway? The number of people there is very low and thus, there is no need to add a rule specifically for that area only.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.