Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I got a concern about joystick

EG0611

Hello,

I want to buy a cheap joystick for FSX and I wonder I can use it on ETS2/ATS either? The thing I want to do is;

+ Use Joystick for only steering, for throttle and break I want to use keyboard.
+ Can I assign buttons on joystick as retarder up/down or shift up/down ?

And also do you suggest any joystick model? I prefer to be cheap and multi-buttons.

Thank you.

Hello @EliteGamer0611 It is possible for you to use a joystick as a Controller. Just assign the keys like you would a regular gaming controller and the Axis can be used to steer the truck as well :).Hope i have answered your question Also a good suggestion for cheap joystick i would go with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro as that is what i first used for FSX before i got an Actual cockpit setup and it works pretty well and has all the key mapping you would need

Best Regards

Truckerpilot

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Yes its pretty good for the price in my opinion and if your just looking for a leisurely flight in FSX then thats a great option as a majority of the flight auto-pilot will be doing most of the work and you can set your keymappings 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

1 hour ago, EliteGamer0611 said:

@Truckerpilot thank you for your answer. So as I see you are a pilot, do you suggest Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 942-000031 ?

I have this joystick and it serves its purpose just fine. Couldn't ask for something better for that price.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

Haha your welcome and i know how you feel on that one

TruckerPilot

^^ Well yeah of course a wheel would be a better option but I'm guessing since he asked about a flight stick, ETS2 wont be the only thing he plays with it.

He even says he needs something that he could use for both his flight sims as well as work for the tucking sims.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived