Notification Mail for Being Reported via Forum

EG0611

Suggestion Name: Notification for Being Reported via Forum
Suggestion Description: A notification mail should be sent when you are reported by someone via forum.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: Many things happen in MP and sometimes because of misunderstanding, you can be wrong and be banned even you are right. Because of that, for me, I always record and when I leave the game I delete all recordings due to lack of space. But now I get an apprehension that if someone reported me and an admin review it couple of days even a week later (yes I still have reports from previous week), I won't have any proof for my defense because I have already deleted my video footage.

Because of that, my suggestion is; when you are reported by someone, you will get a notification mail. When a report is created, you enter perpetrator's TruckersMP ID which is connected to forum account so when system gets that, it will automatically send a notification mail like notifications for someone sent you PM or when you get a warning on forum. Reporter's info will be hidden! Only a notification which tells you that you were reported will be sent.

It is quite important because I have 80 GB of gameplay video and I don't know where I should put them or whether I should delete them or not.

• Upvote 1

You can remove/replace any evidence older then 2 months as chances are very small we accept evidence this long ago.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I've thought about it for a little while now, and the level of notification that would be done if we decided to do this would be at the very vague level, so it wouldn't resolve your issue in terms of knowing what evidence you need to keep.

Add to that there's a bit of wrong ids used, which means people will get an email saying they have been reported, and due to i18n reasons, it would be in english, adding more confusion and potential misunderstanding of the email for non-native speakers. All in all, though a good idea, I'm afraid it'll add to our staff's workload answering questions regarding those emails.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.