tailgaters scare me

murray5521

1 hour ago, The Imaginative Lad said:

I have also noticed that when a player overtakes me they can sometimes cut in a bit too close for comfort

Yeah this happens to me sometimes. Most the time people overtake quite nicely though and I give them a flash to let them know they can move back in lane which many seem to appreciate and thank for. 

If only everyone did!

1 hour ago, waite said:

Many people have the wrong idea about tailgaters. Let me explain.

First off, where ever the tailgater is going is way more important than where you are going. Don’t believe me? Just ask them. Second, when you tailgate, you get where you are going a lot faster…. like a whole two or three seconds! Third, it helps keep you awake when you are starting to nod off. Being so close to the trailer in front of you that you have no forward view keeps your stress level so high that you can’t possibly fall asleep (I think).  The only down side I can see to tailgating is when the jerk in front of you slows down unexpectedly to take an exit and you don’t notice in time because you were texting. ;-)  (sarcasm)

It's still reckless, a jerk move, and annoying when you have a Skoda pilot car on your tail. It's the same in real life when you have a Dodge Caravan inches away from you....

@waite How is the person infront of you slowing down unexpectedly A "jerk" if he is coming to his exit? if the driver behind wasn't so close he would see the break lights of the so called "jerk" that's about to exit and have enough time to slow down. Your post doesn't really justify a good reason for tailgating as you are making it seem like the tailgater is doing nothing wrong when in actuality they are.  

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

^ I did notice the word Sarcasm at the end of your post. I responded that way because their will be people that take your post as a reason for them to tailgating which is why i said your  making it seem like tailgaters do nothing wrong and  for e.g. a tailgater could "try" to justify their reason with your post by just copy and pasting and removing the Sarcasm at the end of the post.

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

^ Well, you have a point there. Those excuses are already being widely used so I don't think that I am enabling too many tailgaters. A person with half a brain will see right through those type of BS excuses and they sure won't fly if the tailgaters try to use them with Admins (and they probably do try). But, quoting me will get tailgaters nowhere as I have zero authority on MP.

7 hours ago, The Imaginative Lad said:

I've noticed that when people tailgate me they end up flying off over the barrier and start doing loads of flips. This is most likely due to my internet have one its moments where my ping will spike to 400-500ms for a split second and then drops back down to about 30-50ms. To this day I still have no idea why my ping does this. Anyway, the tailgater usually will get annoyed and say they have reported me, etc.

I have also noticed that when a player overtakes me they can sometimes cut in a bit too close for comfort. 2 days ago I had someone cut infront of me but they ended up clipping the front right panel of my truck and causing me 100% damage while they drove off thinking that nothing has happened.

@waite Unless the person infront is lane hogging then the tailgater is always at fault. In the UK theory test it is recommended to keep a 2 second gap between the car infront and you at 70MPH, this is to allow for sudden braking and slowing down for junctions, etc. If the tailgater was to cause an accident then the tailgater would be at fault for causing an accident through reckless driving.

what happened to the days when we had the 100M rule?

Ive lost count in the last 4 days how many people have tailgated me or cut across my nose after passing me, its ridiculous, if people realised that they have more chance of being caught for reckless driving because if they lagout or the person they are tailgating lags, then they cause an accident that can block roads and cause pileups if people aren't paying attention to the road.

We had a wreck Saturday outside Manheim where someone was tailgating coming down the hill, the guy in front of me pulled out of the junction at the wrong time, the guy in front of the tailgater slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting the guy pulling out, the tailgater had no chance to brake and ran the guy in front over taking all 3 of them out and blocking the intersection with other idiots flying and not paying attention to the road and piling into the mess.

All in all, if you tailgate, you cause issues for everyone out there.

On 20-6-2016 at 6:22 PM, DanBennett said:

Yeah this happens to me sometimes. Most the time people overtake quite nicely though and I give them a flash to let them know they can move back in lane which many seem to appreciate and thank for. 

If only everyone did!

Shame that if the player lags, you receive damage because they come to close in your own screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived