ATS MP Realtime Map

Lord Kopecz

49 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I wonder how he got the map to show in game like that?

It's not visible in-game, it's just an overlay.

Why does it indeed. All it tells you is there are around 10 trucks in most cities except going east which is almost barren and the rest are at Rotterdam/ Amsterdam. Surprise surprise we all already know that. I suppose it's OK for people just starting mp but for most people who have been around a while or anyone with common sense its not that useful. The funny thing about common sense though is it isn't very common. 

So your saying the best way to find somewhere in game is to not use the in game map but to tab out and use a 3rd party source or worse when driving look at another screen and not where you should be driving? 

You may say you should pull over to check it but in all honesty how many are actually going to do that? 

^Exactly, a realtime map would not be useful. We have the ingame map which only shows those who show up in the player list. And convoys most likely use their own teamspeak to keep track

SCS has higher priorities such as developing the rest of the US, adding in any other features they are dreaming of, and trying to get the remaining licenses resolved so that there's more selection.

I personally have found this map: http://ets2map.com/ very useful when I managed convoy's in Soarfly Logistics. Yes the communications are in TeamSpeak, but the map is a great addition which allows me to communicate everything going on during the convoy to the convoy controllers/operators, leaders and tails of the convoy. Gaps in the convoy? I know about them. Upcoming traffic towards or overtaking the convoy? I know about them. Whether the convoy is going too fast or slow? I know about it. When the convoy is approaching the next convoy controller? They know about it.

After I know this information, communications via TeamSpeak are then sent to the appropriate person(s). So just like in ETS2MP, if the developers can implement it into ATSMP, then why not? Whether you use it is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived