ETS2 Multiplayer 1.24 Update Performance Issues

[GReek Lines] Sakis

Good morning (at least here in Greece!). I'm sure that you guys are aware that the recent updates for the multiplayer 1.24 version have had very bad performance issues. So I'll try not to be that guy stating the obvious, and just let you just work on fixing it. BUT the thing is.. This latest update is so unstable, it's practically unplayable. Whenever you're crossing 1-2 trucks along the way your framerates plummet to like 10-20fps. I'm using an i7 4790K and a GTX 980, yesterday I was getting literally bellow 10fps. I know you're facing difficulties but the whole community is suffering. I mean if I'm getting 10fps I'm wondering what other people get..
I know that you guys are doing your best, but I would suggest making available the previous version of multiplayer for the 1.23 game version, just until you're able to fix these issues. Also you can make this version for multiplayer 1.24 available as a beta. Just a friendly suggestion from a guy that has spent more than 700hrs on multiplayer.

Have a nice day, I'm hoping you'll do the best you can to address these issues!

P.S
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so by all means if someone knows where I should send this to get the right attention please inform me! 

While I've noticed small issues, I'm not experiencing anything as bad as this.

If you're experiencing these issues on Multiplayer but not Singleplayer and you're certain that others frame rate posts don't relate to yours, you should definitely submit a support ticket :)

Thanks for replying so fast! Yesterday me and my team tried to do a convoy and we were about 10 or more trucks having the same issues. 2-3 of them didn't had the national flags at all. I don't have these issues on singleplayer, no. But I know for a fact that 9/10 people in my team have had these issues yesterday and the day before on multiplayer. My team has more than 50 regular players so I think it's a generic problem and not one related to only me. The thing is whenever you find more than 3-4 trucks on your way your fps can even drop to single digits.. It happened to almost every member of our multiplayer team..

I've only noticed the decrease in performance in Rotterdam and Europoort last night, Was getting max 2 fps was pretty much unplayable to get a cargo out of Rotterdam. So just hightailed out of there and the rest of the map seemed fine to me even with other trucks passing. 

Saying that I will disable the flags DLC when I get home, and see if that makes a difference.

I am sure that the recent dlc doesn't affect that much because with or without the dlc the frame drops were about the same. While in a non collicollision, fps are normal with other players around. Just outside the non collision the game gets unplayable. As I have noticed, driving alone (or with one or two trucks) around seems Normal but when you meet more players, the game lugs as hell. Hope this helps 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived