VTC - Advice (setting up one)

Killua  // Ireland ^_^

about how to run it:

• Don't be too inactive (cuz otherwise suddenly your VTC won't be yours anymore)
  • Keep your eyes open for what your members do when you are not around,  because you're all in the same boat
  • Don't force people to do anything that they don't want to do (else they'll wave you a finger and you'll end up all alone)
  • Communicate and/or discuss as much as possible with the members (every little bit of info may be decisive for your VTC's future)
  • most important one: if you want to be successful, you will need to earn the loyalty of your members, so don't be a boss - be a leader

More progress with my VTC -

Website - http://oc-transport.weebly.com/

WOTDB - https://wotrdb.com/vtc/home

Discord - https://discordapp.com/channels/192768494020853771

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/OC-Transport-510659819137088/

Now I need to get some staff :P (COO, Driver Manager, Driver Supervisor and Driver - Is that the staff I need) 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Choose a tag that will best fit your company.  As far as staff,  you must draft guys/gals that you can trust and will respect your personnel because your staff will represent you,  your brand. And always remember that quality is always better then quantity. Always remember to engage,  engage,  engage with all of your personnel because if they see that your are trying to be a boss and not getting to know them as people,  they will lose interest and leave.  

Also be prepared for rejection from players constantly saying NO things like,  "who cares about a VTC" of course this isn't to discourage you but as a company owner you will be faced with many different things,  so always be respectful and lead by example. 

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

Smart choice. When in game try not to spawn the chat with , now recruiting,  know when the time is right and never settle for less then you expect in your company.  Get a note pad for yourself and set standards and expectations. 

• What do you expect your your drivers and staff
  • What do you want from them
  • What are the does and don't

In game rules.

There a quite a lot of staff positions which can fit in a VTC. It depends what you want your VTC to offer. If you have an Academy, or Events, you'll want a staff member for those. You may also want some senior management as well that will run the company with you. They could have different roles from yourself as the founder. Just think what you want to offer to the community with your VTC, and what you need other people to do to help you grow.

I don't see my VTC doing any events or anything like that (not for the moment anyway)

I could so with some senior management - not sure how I will do that :mellow:

What should I do about the tag? Because I won't always be driving my VTC paintjob trucks, I'll be driving my other non VTC trucks just as much as the VTC ones

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I don't see my VTC doing any events or anything like that (not for the moment anyway)

I could so with some senior management - not sure how I will do that :mellow:

I will be really honest because I did not have the same.  Events,  convoy's is what grows your company and will definitely keep your personnel engaged and interested. (Serious players) enjoy playing with other like-minded players after a hard days work or busy day in the real world. It's actually an effective way to recruiting people by offering to convoy with locals and making friends but hebe careful to never offer a convoy just to fish people in because they will smell that 2 Miles away haha. 

In game rules.

^ Thanks :) The main thing I need to do now is get some senior staff/managers - maybe in the future my VTC can organize proper Convoys

I was thinking of telling VTC members when they join that they don't always have to use the VTC paintwork or tags because I know I won't always use them.

tbh - I don't really know if this VTC will actually last

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The main thing for you to create a VTC is dedication and leadership in the beginning.

Then you can get a good group of people that you trust for making the staff team and helping you out with logistics.

Best luck with your VTC

Regards

Thanks for all the advice everyone but I've decided I am going to close my VTC for now - will reopen it sometime in the future hopefully :mellow: Not committed/dedicated enough to run it, haven't even used any of my VTC trucks and don't even think I have any drivers - might have one - got one application. I'm not going to get rid of the website, facebook page or WOTRDB page so if anyone would like to take over my VTC then let me know. I'll also keep and might sometimes use the trucks.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

It seems as if there is quite a bit of advice here! So I hope all goes well, I will warn you however, setting up a VTC is no easy task. It takes a lot of time, dedication and patience. Also go for quality over quantity. It's simple, would you rather a VTC with 100 bad drivers, or have a VTC with 10 good drivers. This is where I feel some VTC's forget, they go for quantity, once you have set your standards, don't drop them and be confident in every decision you make. Also get a few people around you that you can trust, to ask their opinion on any changes, never make changes of your own accord, as it could end up in you loosing every single member. Trust me, I know from experience.

my issue with the vtc sites that i have seen they are only set up to enter data in eur and kg which makes thing difficult for people who dont use that set up. i personally use eur and kg in ets and miles lbs in ATS

r3cmOJYUGLr0jm36BbA54SsvVVg8f5sYKDtyk0l-

Twitch - - -Twitter

"Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! Cry for mercy; the reckoning has come!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived