Automatic kick after 10mins

(Beer O'Clock) SHANE

Description: Hi all i think its a bit annoying how after about 10mins if you dont move your truck you automatically get kicked so if i decide to go make a cup of tea or whatever i come back and i'm offline, so to the developers out there maybe you could think about taking it off or extending the time to 1h or something thank you i would like to hear other people's thoughts too, Shane.

I make tea but I am faster than 10 mins :P how long does it take to boil a kettle? over ten mins :D I think not :P

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

-1 not only does it allow people who want to play on the server to take your slot and to play, but it also allows trolls who go AFK across the road to be removed after a short period of time and thus allow traffic to move once again.

If youre going to take longer than 10 minutes to do something away from your PC, its best to just back out of the game anyway and rejoin when you are ready, most of us who park up and sit either to do something near our PC or such move or type in chat to set the timer.

^ +

11 minutes ago, (Beer O'Clock) SHANE said:

i might take 25mins and i come back and its offline so i really think you should atleast extend it to 20mins

ok, i'll try to explain this as simple as possible:

1 hour ago, HumaneWolf said:

If you're not playing, then another player could rather use your slot.

This is not single player and You are not the only player, so if you are planning to be AFK for an hour, please don't waste space on the servers because there might be other players who are willing to play

If it were to change, it would be logical to have the server detect if its near max player capacity, say theres < 500 player slots left, enable the 10 minute idle-kick, when theres plenty of slots left. disable it.

There is couple ways to easily keep reseting the idle timer but i wont say about those..

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

4 hours ago, HumaneWolf said:

We're not going to change the AFK limited. If you're not playing, then another player could rather use your slot.

4 hours ago, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

Nope, won't happen.

I guess they already made it clear. It won't be changed.

If there will always be a spot in ATS then you won't have any problems quitting the game and do your stuff just to rejoin later.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived