Quick Tips for Ports

Cayd

Question

This was an old forum post that many people found helpful, the ports are not that chaotic now but when the game is updated Im sure it will be so here are a few suggestions:

Either park on the hard shoulder when you get to the ports, and switch to the US server which has less people in

Don't go to the ports and set an alternative route

Or don't go anywhere near them in the first place and complain about it!!

Go on Server 2 (free roam).

Unless you have an oversize load (flat bed trailers) turning off your flashing beacons is greatly appreciated

Refrain from loading your save game in ports. You are likely to spawn on top of another truck and create additional problems

Constantly spamming the horn is annoying

Be a safe driver. Keep your space around other vehicles and adjust your speed. 50 km/h / 31 mp/h on Port access roads. Sometimes even less depending on traffic volumes.

○ Walk

• Upvote 2

If I helped you click the "Like this" button

World of trucks editors pic 12/12/2014: https://worldoftrucks.com/en/gallery.php?i=0&s=e

R.I.P Paul Walker

15 answers to this question

If you're going to UK cross the channel with the ferry down in France. Very few people uses it and it has a large no collision zone.

This is what comes under the 'alternate route option'.  :)

World of trucks editors pic 12/12/2014: https://worldoftrucks.com/en/gallery.php?i=0&s=e

R.I.P Paul Walker

-Dont overtake

-Keep in line (isnt hard with 10km/h)

-Dont park (Only 1km in front of the port or stay in rotterdam)

-Keep distance, players are lagging hard sometimes.

I am also guilty to look there for a laugh, even made a video of it xD

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

• Unless you have an oversize load (flat bed trailers) turning off your flashing beacons is greatly appreciated

Constantly spamming the horn is annoying

Refrain from loading your save game in ports. You are likely to spawn on top of another truck and create additional problems

Be a safe driver. Keep your space around other vehicles and adjust your speed. 50 km/h / 31 mp/h on Port access roads. Sometimes even less depending on traffic volumes.

• Upvote 1

• Unless you have an oversize load (flat bed trailers) turning off your flashing beacons is greatly appreciated
  • Constantly spamming the horn is annoying
  • Refrain from loading your save game in ports. You are likely to spawn on top of another truck and create additional problems
  • Be a safe driver. Keep your space around other vehicles and adjust your speed. 50 km/h / 31 mp/h on Port access roads. Sometimes even less depending on traffic volumes.

Thanks, added them in!

R.I.P Paul Walker

It is best to do the following at Europoort, however we know people wont do it.

If you are travelling via Rotterdam to UK and the GPS sets you via Europoort, go to Amsterdam Port, the GPS will correct itself and you will still arrive in UK, if your delivery time says 1hr press F6 and it will show your actual time normally this will be at least another 3-4hrs on top of the ETA shown on F5

Most importantly by using another Port/Rail you will avoid Europoort and will not get caught up in high lag spikes or users blocking/ramming you. Also if you have to go via Europoort just stay in the correct lane do NOT overtake on the approach to Europoort by driving on the wrong side of the road, all this is doing is causing problems for other users and those who are coming into Europoort will end up getting blocked, so if you do overtake at europoort it is more than likely an Admin will see it and you will either get kicked or banned.

*YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*

• Upvote 1

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.