How veterans entertained on long journeys

Alv4s0r

I listen to music (a lot of the songs will probably make it onto my SotD list in my sig) and take chaos routes and laugh at people failing.. Chaos routes being routes where people tend to crash or do dumb stuff. Haven't played in a while, but some spots on the list back then...

-Oxnard in general (road from Santa Cruz, Oxnard dirt roads, ect...)

-Bakersfield gas station near chems

-'Sacramento corner' - My name for a somewhat sharp turn (sharp for an interstate) on the interstate near Sacramento where A LOT of people wreck.

-Road to Eureka from Redding - Due to the severity of some of the turns that have to be taken at the speed limit, if not slower. Not a popular road, but it can be a spot for chaos.

-Elko, the sheer amount of people there at the time made it a bit iffy. Not particularly sure why it saw a lot of traffic, not sure if it still does though.

-The road East of Fresno which crosses into Nevada towards Tonopah. The Nevada side isn't too bad, but the Cali side, especially that sharp section, sees a lot of wrecks.

-San Fran Docks, again, the sheer amount of people there made it a bit iffy. I don't think it's quite as bad as it used to be though.

-Route...? I forgot... Pretty sure it's the road that goes towards the interstate between Oakland and Santa Cruz. It's not so much that it's a chaos route, but you can get some interesting things going on up there every now and then.

Listening to the local Radio Station ( PRO FM ) and doing periodical stops . Driving 2500 + km ( or 1+ hours in real life ) straight it's a bit boring , plus my butt starts to hurt :lol: . I park wherever i find a place ( parking lot , service stations ) and do a 10 minute brake . I eat , drink water , do some push-ups , yes , try to move that body , haha , and after that i continue the trip.  Usually i do 1 or 2 brakes per trip .

• 4 weeks later...

Step by step guide to be a happy veteran driver:

1. Listen to good beats on SoundCloud, Spotify, Truckers.FM, etc.
  2. Talk to people over Teamspeak
  3. Soda... Lots of soda...  Lots of soda may cause you to have quite a few toilet breaks
  4. Snacks like chocolate, biscuits, crisps(chips if you're American)
  5. Use your phone regardless to weather if you're driving or not
  6. Set the cruise to 19mph in busy areas, who needs accelerators and breaks anyways :P
  7. Watch people crash and fail to get from A to B
  8. Use the CB to give stupid drivers a good telling off (You're a veteran, you can do that now ;))
  9. Spam dat horn at anyone who does something stupid... (That's a lot of people... )
  10. Occasionally get in a car, speed round the twisty back roads of Scandinavia, and crash in a spectacular style

I am in now way endorsing such behavior and I don't do most of these things but some of them I can definitely say are fun :3

On 6/12/2016 at 4:21 PM, Reaper said:

Music, and good old chat on teamspeak. 

Same basicly i always have alot of fun on ts3 like drivers joking and yelling because someone is an idiot baisicly entertainment A+

Hello

My name is Sten

If you have any problems feel free to message me

And if you think i deserve a +1 rep feel free to give it to me

76561198060105562.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • KOZIK_ locked this topic

Archived