Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

the Speed issue with cars

Deamontemps

I don't know how the cars were placed into the game (most likely re-modelled trucks) but is there a way the devs of this mod can adjust and tweak the settings. 

an example will be looking at how trucks handle differently when attached to a trailer. They are slower and easier to control

My thought would be to add a weight to the cars to simulate them pulling a trailer. I don't know if it is possible or even if the devs think this is worth looking into but i feel alot of truck drivers in game like myself are seeing alot of crashes involving cars that have overturned and flipped or rammed another truck.

And before any gets there yes I know that eu1 doesn't have cars as it is full simulation but eu2 is more populated making it a better server in my eyes to play and interact with people. (which is the main point of adding MP to games)

@Deamontemps I get your idea. But think of this. If you added a trailer weight to the car the steering would then become very bad it would make it harder for you to turn the car. Also the breaks would become worse than they are now. Players already have to turn the breaking sensitivity all the way up just to stop the car from slamming into the back of someone and thats even going at speed limit. Adding Extra weight to a car that already has the weight of a truck would just make things worse in my opinion than they are now. 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

1 minute ago, Memduh Basgan said:

Driving a car is extremly funny if you obey the rules. I don't think adding a weight to cars is necessary.

It is fun I do agree. 

Maybe people will just adjust to them. just have to watch the roads more carefully :)  

@TruckerpilotI see what you are getting at there. Maybe either more thought needed or just wait for the HYPE to die down 

@Deamontemps the hype will eventually die down. 

Think of it as a baby playing with a toy car. after a while he will lose interest in it and find something else to do 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

when newer things ocme out for trucks, it will die down. But i dont think they need to be re-modeled as they did spend alot of time testing the cars, and tweaked it to the best of there ability. People just need to drive slower and safer.

From what i understand it took over a year to get this car released in the first place. It is highly unlikely that they would make any changes.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

Most i think should be fixed is the breaks but other than that i would say everything else is fine just the way it is. No need to add a bunch of accessories. Maybe some paint jobs but that's about it.

TruckerPilot

Can agree on the brakes, although, they seem fine when you drive the car at car speed limits. Perhaps they just seem bad because people drive 200 km/h all the time.

One other tweak I'd love to see is for cars to damage easier. If a car can manage to do 20% damage to a truck, it should be 100% damaged itself ;) Just a suggestion of course.

^ well the issue is this. Everyone isn't going to drive them sensibly because not everyone cares about how their gameplay is affecting someone else. Not everyone really gets the concept that its a truck simulator and not a racing sim, but at the end of the day theirs not much  you can do. If they hit you screenshot report or if you have a video submit that with the report cause thats really all we can do 

TruckerPilot

Are there really any reason for so many cars to be on the roads in the first place? I hate them as 90% that i come across are speeding and wreckless. Have had and seen more accidents caused by cars then any truck since i been playing the mp. I thought they were gonna be just for admins and mods as police etc not for every speed freak lol

@Blo0DxSh0T Stop complaining :D go to EU1 no cars :P but i expect you will complain something there 

Cars are great fun even though i do not drive them

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

I tried the car the first day it came out but not since then. I just don't like driving them.

Anyways some users said above, its just the breaks that are the problem and you can adjust that in the settings.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived