Driving outside the map

Truckerpilot

Goodnight, Good Morning and Good Afternoon (time zone reasons)

Ive been reading alot of threads (topics) about people saying that they get kicked and some people saying that they get banned for driving outside of the map. I would just like to give my own opinion on this. Feel free to give me your thoughts on this.

Driving outside of the Map i would say isn't a "Major" offence but in some cases it will be a cause for ban and in other it will be a cause for being kicked. The difference is what you are doing  and where you are outside the map.

Here are some examples:

If you are outside of the map and you are driving around intentionally going down the side rails (this would be outside the rails on the highway) and Honking at drivers as they pass by then that would be a reason for you to get banned as it shows you are purposely driving outside the game despite what the rules say and yes i know some guys don't even bother to go look at the rules.

Now a kickable offence in my opinion would be if you drive outside the map unknowingly and then you try getting back out or lets say your outside the map and your not moving then that to me would be kickable with an admin just giving you a warning about being outside the map.

you could also be banned if you have been kicked by an admin before with a warning and then he just happens to catch you another time doing it. 

Well i hope i cleared up some things here.

NOTE: 

This is just my opinion on the difference between getting banned and getting kicked. In no way is this affiliated with what admins consider bannable and kickable just voicing my opinion feel free to give your thoughts 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

hey there mate , ok so i know what you mean but  i've been more here on  truckers mp as  i am a veteran driver but that no the case ,  being out side of the map is not allowed  i can explain why 

first reason people  like to use open out backs to race ram ect.. and i saw about 2 streamers   streaming ets2mp and atsmp and  they were showing there viewers the game  were they can race or ram each other , i did warn them ingame as i was there  and they hardly cared ,  so as you can see here truckersmp is  a free mod  , if you play the game then you would need to respect it  and follow the rules .

Also i would like to share this as a admin said this , i thought this was a  good idea as well @FlyingDutchman

http://prntscr.com/bc4mo9

76561198098873827.png

so how do they determine if you get kicked or banned? im guessing they use their own discretion or is their things they look for? now @Amazing Red Panda thats what i was thinking as well but their has to be more to that cause from reading threw some topics it seems that alot of people complain about them being banned and other players only getting kicked for it @TruCkDr1V3r  im just trying to clarify this for future reference. why not just make it a bannable offence? in my opinion that way their wouldnt be any users thinking that the admin is favoring another person?? just an idea

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

The only time ive actually gotten outside the map in MP is when i was parked on the side of the road and a truck hit me against the rail and flipped me out the map. I do sometimes purposely venture outside the map on single player but never in MP @Amazing Red Panda haha i like zooming around in the parking lots   

TruckerPilot

Random Suggestion @God wouldnt it be possible to set the banner that we see when we get unto the site in a way that you have to scroll threw it before it will be able to go away or atleast have it stay up for 30 seconds? Cause im quite sure alot of people dont read the rules when they go on the site they just click the X

TruckerPilot

@scania970 That's true i guess. If people would only take at-least a minute out of their time to read the rules im sure that ETS2 would be much better but then again theirs the people that read the rules but just dont care. At the end of the day i guess theirs nothing much you can really do about that

TruckerPilot

13 minutes ago, jjthepilot said:

Cause im quite sure alot of people dont read the rules when they go on the site they just click the X

and then the same people come and crycomplain that the rules are "hidden" when they are translated in multiple languages and there are links to them like everywhere on the forum

Talking aboutthe difference between getting banned and getting kicked: IMO the place where you got out of map is the most important factor for it - I mean doing it in a busy area (like Rotterdam) is like showing off to people and saying "look at me, I brake the rules right in front of everyone - i'm invincible" while doing it in the end of the map is like hiding from people to e.g. see how far you can go

@FirestarteR93

Ive noticed that people do complain that the rules are hidden but how is it hidden when every page you go on it pops up? their isnt much excuse for not reading the rules except for i didnt want to read them which would not be a valid excuse cause you should read them. The ones who break the rules in busy areas where they know admins frequently patrol are trying to push their luck. That's not how it works, if an admin see's you breaking the rule blatantly infront of them expect a ban from the server. Plain and Simple 

TruckerPilot

• 2 weeks later...

well there are actually extra roads out there after the block off that people go into single player and teleport there with the developer cam and go back in multiplayer with friends and call it fun.When is a BANABLE OFFENCE .

But lets face it admins do not look in the bushes for that its going to be a waste of time and that is why most people are getting away with it

If you like me and what I had said, click the "Vote Up" 

Its a kind thing to do.

76561198205404441.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see why driving outside the map is an *issue* per se. But I also think that there's no need to be doing that in a multiplayer game. Out of bounds is out of bounds, end of.

I don't agree that kicking/banning is fair unless they are known to be a repeat offender. Just move them to the repair station and warn them for it.

(There's too much kicking going on. e.g. if someone is in a road and are kicked. They will just spawn in the road again and cause another issue)

^ When they get kicked they get a reason why they were kicked. FOr me if was kicked for that reason of being in the road i would simply load a save to earlier once i got back in game

TruckerPilot

As Amazing red panda said : "  if you "drive out side the map" its alright, but if you "teleport from sp and spawn behind barrier" then its the offence. "

i agree cuz thats bug abuse and should be punished for that

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Archived