Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

The game crashes if a player attempts to send a private message that is too long.

Alexander

Mod Version: Version 0.1.2 R2
Controllers Used: Mouse and keyboard
Description of Issue: When sending a private message to another trucker, the game will crash if the message gets too long before sending it.
How to reproduce: Attempt to send a private message to another trucker, continuing to type until the game crashes (for me, this is before the message goes off the screen, showing that such messages are not probably spam).  While I understand that there should be a character limit on messages, the game should simply stop users from typing once that is reached, rather than crash.
Screenshots / Videos: None.

2rcwr4k.jpg

2yo781t.jpg2zeiays.jpg1qq4gk.jpg10e3mvp.jpg10dyt08.jpgve19xw.jpg2cr4oyp.jpg1zc0ivn.jpg2m4579k.jpg

Credit to Krashnz for the exemplary server data website!

This is not only a problem in the PMs, I experienced it when typing a long message to someone who really couldnt drive,

I suggest you make messages half of the bar long so you dont have any risk for a game crash.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.