EU and US Servers kick me for high ping... connection fine!

kmac201069

Question

Hey guys,

For some reason since trying out ETS 2 MP, I've been kicked for High ping multiple times, both from the EU server and from the US Server (Which is hosted in Canada...).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my connection and it's also very fast. Here are a few speedtests to both my local one and to France where the EU server is hosted:

4024700147.png

4024703119.png

21.32/11.95Mbps is WELL within the realm of acceptable speeds for online gaming!

I've noticed my latency in-game being reported higher than 2000ms for some odd reason.

I've also tried a ping to bbc.fr which is hosted in France (EU Server is hosted) which has a generous average of 109 ms - Quite within the limits for gaming. Even if it isn't, this doesn't explain the reason for being kicked from the US server as I reside in the US. Here is a ping I ran:

vNc1HPJ.png

This isn't the way I'd expect a piece of software to behave with a decent ping unless the servers are very poorly resourced (Then again, I have a friend in the UK who plays without (many) issues).

Anyone have any idea of what is going on and how to fix it? It's clearly not an issue with my connection. I've never had any other issue with any other game in the UK before either.

Thanks,

Kmac

13 answers to this question

It could be you had just a little too high ping, it isnt constantly the same.

It isn't just a one off - This happens literally about 90% of the time when connecting and within 3 seconds of connecting.

I realise it isn't always the same but there is no reason why my ping would jump as high as 2000 due to my connection - I've never seen it. Even when maxing it out (Downloading/Uploading) I see a maximum of around 600ms - And I'm not doing anything when playing the game - I just use Skype. I know Skype doesn't use up 20Mbps of bandwidth. Any other suggestions?

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

For some reason since trying out ETS 2 MP, I've been kicked for High ping multiple times, both from the EU server and from the US Server (Which is hosted in Canada...).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my connection and it's also very fast. Here are a few speedtests to both my local one and to France where the EU server is hosted:

4024700147.png

4024703119.png

21.32/11.95Mbps is WELL within the realm of acceptable speeds for online gaming!

I've noticed my latency in-game being reported higher than 2000ms for some odd reason.

I've also tried a ping to bbc.fr which is hosted in France (EU Server is hosted) which has a generous average of 109 ms - Quite within the limits for gaming. Even if it isn't, this doesn't explain the reason for being kicked from the US server as I reside in the US. Here is a ping I ran:

vNc1HPJ.png

This isn't the way I'd expect a piece of software to behave with a decent ping unless the servers are very poorly resourced (Then again, I have a friend in the UK who plays without (many) issues).

Anyone have any idea of what is going on and how to fix it? It's clearly not an issue with my connection. I've never had any other issue with any other game in the UK before either.

Thanks,

Kmac

That doesn't seem to be normal behaviour from a connection - I've been kicked quite a few times myself despite having one of the best connections you can get in the UK - 76/18Mbps. I think this needs to be looked into more.

It could be you had just a little too high ping, it isnt constantly the same.

From a Network Engineers' viewpoint, his latency shouldn't jump high enough to cause that.

I agree. I am on a reasonably good internet package in the UK yet I get kicked for high ping in all the servers sometimes, it's random. I never had this issue until they got rid of worldwide collisions after the security patch.

Kind Regards,

Alan

SpeedTest by Ookla only tests your ping to the nearest server possible. If you are farther from the server, the slower the packets will be transferred, so your ping will be higher. Eg. If you live in Europe, then the ping you receive in the EU servers will be low, if you're somewhere else, say, somewhere in Japan, the ping will be high as you are farther away from the host server. Go on their Alternative www.Pingtest.net and select a European server to see your legitimate ping to the host server.

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

SpeedTest by Ookla only tests your ping to the nearest server possible. If you are farther from the server, the slower the packets will be transferred, so your ping will be higher. Eg. If you live in Europe, then the ping you receive in the EU servers will be low, if you're somewhere else, say, somewhere in Japan, the ping will be high as you are farther away from the host server. Go on their Alternative www.Pingtest.net and select a European server to see your legitimate ping to the host server.

I think you should read the thread again - It doesn't just test to the nearest server. Kmac said he tested to France and the US which looking at even the results proves this - Look next to "Server"...