American Truck Simulator

Killua  // Ireland ^_^

American Truck Simulator,

Is it worth it/getting?

I've been thinking about whether or not I should get it but I always decided not to because the map is small and MP seems to be like a ghost town (from what I've heard)

With ETS2 I never play SP anymore (even though I have a Scania T mod and a circus truck and trailer mod) as I much prefer MP. (Of course if I did get ATS i'd have to spend some time in sp first) 

I always drive UK spec (i.e right hand drive) turcks in ETS because  I live in Ireland and we have right hand drive here (but that's not really too big of an issue) 

The other reason is because I was thinking would my laptop be able to handle both ETS2 + ETS2MP and ATS and ATS2MP.

Opinions on American Truck Simulator

Should I get it? Is it worth my while getting it?

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

127 hours here and i can defiantly recommend it.

Up Side: The scenery tends to look a lot better and less cut and past compared to ETS2

Down Side: Map is much smaller. (although Arizona helps out.)

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

Thanks everyone :) Just bought American Truck Simulator :D Looks great but OMG! not happy at all to be all the way back at level 1 with very little money :( Would love if there was some cheat or something so I could get a couple of hundred thousand or 1 million and skip levels :P 

In ETS2 I'm on lever 27 and have nearly 2 million

This feels weird :P Driving on the wrong side :P I'm used to driving on the other side :P 

NdX8czf.png

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

^Thanks :) Someone actually gave me their save game/profile :D I've now changed the company name, avatar and connected it my world of trucks account :) I just need to figure out how to change the profile name.

(and sell all the trucks so I can get my own) It has a ton of money and is on level 13715)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Yessssssss :D:D It worked :D  I no longer need to rename the account I was given in ATS :D What I did was rather then trying to rename the profile I was given, I just copied all the details from it (except the profile name) into my own profile that I had set up earlier and then copied all the saves from the profile I was given and replaced all the saves in my own profile I had set up after getting it earlier :D 

So now  in I have ATS and I'm on level 13715 and have tons of money :D Delighted :D 

The only downside is that this also copied all the trucks and drivers from that profile onto mine and Now I have to dismiss 35 drivers and sell 35 trucks (Is there any quicker way other then doing it one by one?) 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Good to see you're enjoying your time in ATS, it's definitely a great game worth purchasing it. But wait... A savegame, really? In my opinion, levelling up is the real nice part of ATS, as it even took longer than in ETS2 to do so, and as it may take a while to get your own first truck really by yourself, it feels at least ten times as good if you know you've worked hard in order to get it, and not just copied and pasted a savegame into the correct folder. That's actually why i didn't even bother hiring any drivers so far in ATS, as i just like to keep the cash coming on my own. Otherwise it would just feel wrong, like purchasing for example a FIFA game and downloading a savegame that made you win the Champions League without doing anything, you just can't be proud about that one. But that's just my two cents... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

It's good to have a change from ETS2, they're both similar games, yet have a lot of differences which is good

jarfull.png         

Running ATS actually ran better on my computer than ETS2, and I believe its the fact that in the deserts, the computer doesn't have to work as hard to produce the graphics for higher frames. I run integrated for now until the prices go down after the GTX 1070 gets restocked, then I will get a GTX 960 4GB. Running the high preset with Intel Graphics 530, I got my computer to pull 60 FPS in the dead middle of the desert.

ETS2 is not that good for integrated because there is always props and cars to load; there is no break for your CPU.

Glad to hear you enjoy ATS, I purchased it the day it came out, and just now I have 2 drivers working for me.

~TomZeBomb:D

^ I'm wait for play also.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un passé lourd, une longue histoire, un vécu toujours existant avec la tête haute de nos jours.

Avoir une vie comme un développeur, et ne vivre que de sa passion pour rendre heureux les autres, n'est qu'une activité banale pour n'importe qui.

Si l'on veut écouter les autres, dans nos rêves, nos envies, on peut toujours avoir de l'aide, mais il ne faut jamais écouter les mauvaises langues de bois.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Archived