Voice Chat Time Limit

flyhan

Suggestion

Voice Chat Time Limit

Description

Create a time limit for the length that a voice message can be transmitted. A short cool time should also be enforced.

Reasoning

This should hopefully prevent mic spamming and give users a peace of mind. Sometimes users also play useless music over the microphones or shpeal about in a language other than English for a very long time.

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

If it is trolls that are spamming the voice chat, what would stop them from simply lifting their finger for a second and then continue on.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

If you want to use CB with your friend and someone is realy noisy, you can change you channel to any other ;) and If you dont want you CB at the all, you can turn it off.

And if you want to use CH19 (default) but dont want hear others, you can MUTE only specific player in TAB -> click on player -> mute button

I think a better idea would be to remove the ability for repeat CB radio spammers to talk on the radio, that way everyone that uses it properly isn't punished and yet those that abuse it get the privilege taken away.

• Upvote 2

On 6/1/2016 at 5:37 AM, cyrusj1992 said:

If it is trolls that are spamming the voice chat, what would stop them from simply lifting their finger for a second and then continue on.

That is where the suggestion of a cool down time is enforced. But then again, that kind of ruins a conversation. :blink:

On 6/1/2016 at 6:46 AM, Alvasor said:

If you want to use CB with your friend and someone is realy noisy, you can change you channel to any other ;) and If you dont want you CB at the all, you can turn it off.

And if you want to use CH19 (default) but dont want hear others, you can MUTE only specific player in TAB -> click on player -> mute button

I do know you can mute them, but some people don't quite know (I know I was one of them for a while). As for changing the channel for the CB... you can do that?!? :lol: (but no, it is a serious question)

On 6/1/2016 at 10:41 AM, Trucking Australia said:

I think a better idea would be to remove the ability for repeat CB radio spammers to talk on the radio, that way everyone that uses it properly isn't punished and yet those that abuse it get the privilege taken away.

That is a brilliant suggestion as well. I guess more work for the administrators though (from word around the forums here, it seems like they are very busy).

Edited by Trucking Australia
Merged all 3 posts into 1

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:11 AM, Trucking Australia said:

I think this would be a great idea, there could be a seperate ban from CB option, or have a ban from MP for CB abuse, anything may work to stop trollers constantly shouting/griefing down CB.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

indeed to add a time limit for voice chat messages isnt a bad idea! because sometimes there are players who think they own the CB radio and spam it which can be annoying for the most players. i'd like to say 10 seconds are enough to speak with others and if not he can continue few seconds later again to end his sentence

On 2016. 05. 31. at 9:12 PM, alblua said:

Sometimes users also play useless music over the microphones

I find it funny lol

Btw -1 for this idea.Disable voice chat if you dont like it.You guys take this game too seriously,i like when people do funny stuffs in voice chat

On 6/21/2016 at 9:38 AM, [RUS]goshawk2015 said:

indeed to add a time limit for voice chat messages isnt a bad idea! because sometimes there are players who think they own the CB radio and spam it which can be annoying for the most players. i'd like to say 10 seconds are enough to speak with others and if not he can continue few seconds later again to end his sentence

I'm on board with you.

On 6/22/2016 at 3:15 AM, Kazuma said:

I find it funny lol

Btw -1 for this idea.Disable voice chat if you dont like it.You guys take this game too seriously,i like when people do funny stuffs in voice chat

I really don't find it enjoyable. I know I can disable voice chat, and I am not going to do it. Why? A CB radio is designed to make communication easier. It is better to press and hold the speak key and talk then take a few seconds, type a message frantically, and watch your precious truck ram into the median...

We don't take the game too seriously, we're just using it as we see it was designed for. Although, yes, Europe 2 is a "casual" server, which is why I usually go to Europe 1 (and still can have trolls).

On Wednesday, June 01, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Alvasor said:

If you want to use CB with your friend and someone is realy noisy, you can change you channel to any other ;) and If you dont want you CB at the all, you can turn it off.

hi, could you tell me how to turn it off the radio? i dont want to hear any sound form others, coz ill use TS with my friends. 

Add a time limit for CH19, but no time limits for other channels. People trying to get a serious conversation can change the CB channel. Since not many people know how to change the CB channel, these people won't have to deal with the trollers on CH19.

image.png.701b87940b373cd99b50f1c9c3c76cb6.png

Are you serious??? Still 350ms ping in-game???

When there is no other options available, I would simply ban them from accessing the game servers. Music on CB radio for me is a minimum 1 day of ban. But I would also love it if the "ban from CB" punishment gets implemented.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

• 1 year later...
On 31.5.2016 at 10:07 PM, Cyrusj said:

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.