Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

people can't drive

Cookienightstorm

so i was on etsmp about 4 minutes go and this truck pulls out on (not saying names) and i get kicked for called the guys an idiot witch i understand why (well an little bit i do) but the guy knew i was there and i was pulling left until he came from the right witch he should of waited so who else has had a bad driver like the guy i did 

ENJOY THE GAME 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having bad drivers in MP is nothing new. Sometimes i think its because people don't bother too look around at intersections.

You just have to keep the insults to yourself (or at least don't type them in chat!) and keep going.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

ETSMP and ATSMP also have bad drivers. I already been rammed 6 times, 5 in the truck and 1 in the car. I really don't get why people need to be in a hurry there no need to speed or overtake someone in a non overtaken lane. Lucky I been recording and posting it on my YouTube channel in case an Admin wants to look at it for further review.

3 hours ago, DJ Alex said:

i get kicked for called the guys an idiot

OK this is getting silly now. "Idiot" is not bad language and is a normal response for when someone does something stupid. Sure, maybe Admins may prefer nothing is said at all - but at least it's something that isn't an offensive word and just a little insult to let them know they were being an idiot...

Gaaahhhhhh. I've heard so much worse stuff said on TMP constantly over CB and Chat and yet people get kicked for calling an idiot an idiot!

*cough* </rant>.

And I wasn't going to even send this because I know I'm gonna get some crap for it but hey, chest offloaded. :-)

OK, you can by kicked because you are at bad place in bad time ... So why are you waiting for miracle instead of driving on....

There are 2 white blocking cars and you have 1 white stand in the middle of road? Why ? - kick

I am driving for long time and never been kicked for no reason ... (If i know i wasn't been kicked by admin, ever)

Topic above bad drivers that don't play by the rules, this will go on and aren't going to stop. Just play and report or don't play at all. Most players rather go on a very low list server with no players on it to drive.

I been involved allot of idiotic times and unfortunately I don't record so I don't have anything to report on. I had a guy in a car with trailer and he got reported and dealt with.

Need more police officers guys!!!

lcuoUWl.gif.2ae879e10f4e499e935acbd4db146289.gif

If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

i know should report people but didn't have chance to as soon it happened i got kicked even though i had the right to turn before that guy pulled out all that needs to happened really is the admin need more training BUT that's my opinion on that matter so PLEASE NO 1 take it to heart and @Detective Adachi the guy was in a truck and so was i so he couldn't say he didn't see me coming 

ENJOY THE GAME 

On 5/29/2016 at 5:17 AM, DanBennett said:

OK this is getting silly now. "Idiot" is not bad language and is a normal response for when someone does something stupid. Sure, maybe Admins may prefer nothing is said at all - but at least it's something that isn't an offensive word and just a little insult to let them know they were being an idiot...

Gaaahhhhhh. I've heard so much worse stuff said on TMP constantly over CB and Chat and yet people get kicked for calling an idiot an idiot!

*cough* </rant>.

And I wasn't going to even send this because I know I'm gonna get some crap for it but hey, chest offloaded. :-)

With this, it is not offensive to call someone an idiot out loud. It takes time to type it in chat, or to push that CB button to talk before saying it, so players actually have to consciously call someone an idiot in game.

Ways of getting around it are saying things like "wow, nice driving" whilst thinking to yourself (or shouting at the monitor in extreme cases) "What a (Expletive)".

An8mXaY.png

It's sometimes beneficial (if you will) to have bad drivers. In the real world, there are bad drivers indeed in the real world, and they are everywhere. The number of them in multiplayer probably is about similar to what it is in the real world (at least in my experiences). I haven't met many bad drivers, and usually when I do, it's random acts of road rage of whipping around my front end and me crashing into them because of the inability to brake quick enough. It's a good lesson to learn how to not road rage, and better to learn how in ETS2 than in the real world (I guess, real world consequences are much worse).

It adds realistic flavor to needing to pay attention to the road and recognizing the utopian world in single player isn't always the best.

Also, relax on some drivers. I know could have annoyed drivers a few times because of 1. Lag in the network, so a player just pops out of nowhere 2. My system isn't very powerful, so my response times are much longer in lag prone spots (although I usually have learned to anticipate things).

Finally, it's also important to recognize trucks have different capabilities. Some people have high power, lower power, different "addons" to their truck to spoof it up. Probably causes some reckless driving with that handy, or if not that, require better management skills that can only be learned through accidents.

I don't know if the above made sense, but that's my shpeal on my thoughts of this "issue."

"There is no Ctrl+Z in life."

Twitch | YouTube | RoadKing VTCMe

Adding to the topic of people being unable to drive...

I went to sleep Monday morning at about 12:30AM.

I was awoken at about 2:30AM by what sounded like a truck falling off a bridge and hitting the ground. 

It turns out a car took the corner of our residential street too fast.

He was going at least 60MPH (95KMH).

He hit three cars (so a total of four were involved because we have to count his).

He totaled his car and two others. One was sent clear off the road, into a tree, and onto the sidewalk. The tree now has a 2 square foot patch of missing bark.

He then proceeded to get out, fall down, get back up, and with the help of a friend, flee the scene. Apparently he lived fifty feet from the accident.

Fast forward 20 minutes and he's in handcuffs for reckless driving, felony driving under the influence, and felony hit & run.

I know this is a ETS thread but it seems related nonetheless. Drive safe everyone!

I might try to sleep now...

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

The multiplayer has always been the same! Just don't react to it, that way you won't get yourself in trouble. Also try and keep yourself away from others, I know it can be a bit hard but on ATS, it isn't too bad. ETS however is the worst, always have been and will. Unfortunately the MP does not have the luxury of forcing people to drive in a respectful manor. The best thing to do is to keep quite and just report them!

That's why you don't use insults against ppl. Try insulting ppl without using insulting words like idiot or moron or stuff like that.

Here a few Examples:

• A google car is safer then you
  • You should've gone to specsavers
  • Next time, at least try to drive
  • Here's a tip to be a good driver, don't hit things and stay on the road
  • If i facepalmed as hard as you suck at driving, I'd knock myself out. (This one might be borderline ban)
  • I'm laughing so hard at your attempt at driving milk came out of my nose, I'm not even drinking milk.

And don't forget to record them and post it on youtube.

Archived