Should cars be allowed in the Europort on EU2?

Boxtop

I realize cars are not allowed on the EU1 server, but I like to be on the EU2 server because, one, there's more people, and 2, no speed limiter. However, so far since the cars have been added, they are constantly clogging up the Euro port, blocking people, speeding through them, hitting people, etc etc.

Everytime I come to the Euro port, I always see cars causing many problems, and I have videos of it happening. I just think they shouldn't be allowed at the Euro port, piloting a convoy or not. In my opinion, I think they should just fast travel to the UK if they need to, rather than clogging up the Euro port for no reason. I also hate the fact that when they pull out in front of at the euro port, and start blocking me, I have to slam on the brakes and then the people behind me hit me, so then I look like the jerk causing the whole problem. 

Yes, I could just switch the Euro 1 server, but that one is no fun since there's usually not that many people on it, and interacting with other players, is what makes this game fun. 

Anyhow, here are the 2 videos of basically cars clogging up the euro port: 

And another one, which I uploaded today: 

^ Yes, I am aware as I said multiple times in the post, but many more people play Euro 2 than Euro 1, which makes it more fun, thus, making more problems with having lots of people in one area, and letting cars into the Euro port, is making it far worse than it needs to be. 

Right, they can block using the trucks as well, but as far as I know unless something changed, pointless driving in the euro port, meaning, driving through there without having a load or anything like that is in a way, against the rules. They can block with their trucks all they want, but I just feel like it's useless having a bunch of cars in there when people are trying to take their loads into the UK, or anywhere else. I'm ok with  the cars everywhere else, but its useless having them in the euro port. 

Correction. Cars are allowed to use Europoort. The rule was altered and changed to this a while back.

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas - Kick / Ban

Useless traffic in excessively high population areas such as Europoort, Rotterdam or the roads surrounding Oxnard. Driving without reason to and from or anything similar.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

When the cars just got released, they weren't allowed in EP. You see the issue there? We had to stay active in EP kicking/banning all players entering or driving through EP with a car which didn't give us the chance to deal with reports outside EP. Forbidding the cars there could work in theory, but doesn't work when applied in-game.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

scarface0359 is right Banning cars from EP doesn't work, they have much more reports etc to be dealing with besides having to deal with cars at EP. Cars are and should be allowed in EP. I'm in EP alot and have seen some cars causing problems but most I see don't, I've just as many if not more trucks causing problems. 

I love EP - its never boring :D Trolls will cause problems in both cars and trucks, its not the cars that are the problem.  

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, flybel said:

@scarface0359 you make it sound a little like you're understaffed...

Understaffed is not really the word we need in this context, we have a pretty large team of admins but the "problem" is that we are not always online 24/7. So basically, we have a few admins online out of the 30+ due to living in different timezones, having activities outside this game and other personal reasons.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

On 27 May 2016 at 7:54 PM, Boxtop said:

However, so far since the cars have been added, they are constantly clogging up the Euro port, blocking people, speeding through them, hitting people, etc etc.

Weird. I see this mostly from trucks. Lots and lots of trucks are always at Europort before and after cars were introduced. Doing the same things.

The issue are the people, not the choice of vehicle. And how you play with those people is up to you.

Sure - it's annoying when you're sitting nicely in a traffic jam, waiting for the blockage ahead to clear up to see cars and trucks flying past you to overtake on the wrong side causing more of an issue and then when it's finally improving to have an admin teleport everyone to the services which then just causes an even bigger problem and punishes you for waiting patiently in line not causing a problem...

But it's the people, not the vehicles.

Some interesting ideas, lots of mixed feelings. I get that admins can't be in game 24/7, believe me, I do, and there's no way to really fix that, understaffed or not. When I say cars shouldn't be allowed in the EP, I don't mean having admins always there keeping them out, maybe a script of some sort that would teleport cars back to the service station automatically. That's what I was getting at, or even kicking them perhaps. Which doesn't work all the time due to them spawning back in and sending people flying. It's just, other than people piloting convoys, I don't see much of a reason for cars being present in the euro port. 

12 hours ago, Boxtop said:

I don't see much of a reason for cars being present in the euro port. 

I don't see much of a reason for cars not being present if they cause no trouble, meaning if they just drive through. If they don't, they will anyways recieve a punishment, no matter the vehicle or location.

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

banning cars from europoort would achieve nothing as people would do the same things with trucks instead of cars.

the real problem is that most drivers in ETS are really, really bad + don't care about others most of the time and do stuff like running red lights, doing 100+km/h in 50 zones, etc.

Personally, watching the videos. It just seems you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Those driving the cars were being impatient (Apart from the one blocking obviously), other than that I believe they are fine to go through Europoort. If not you can always go onto EU1 where cars are not allowed apart from admins, like someone else suggested.

Archived