STOP the virtual police state

q8venom

Hi guys. I think we should vote to stop the police state in the interest of virtual security. In other words, I think admins should have a rule to follow instead of taking the law mercilessly into their own hands. I suggest that there be a judicial system which helps the community drive more safely instead of aggressively pursuing law enforcement. This change would see more people communicate and take into account each other's security and right of way. I believe that police would become more engaged in the clearing of roads instead of forcefully removing players who have vehicular problems. For example, instead of kicking someone, an admin should speak to them or signal for them to move. If warned, then the admin should kick the violator. I believe that furthermore, only after being kicked several times that a ban be implemented. I think to start with a ban without warning is unjust and leaves the person a victim to the lengthy appeal system. This suggestion can easily sort a lot of problems, although it will make it more cumbersome on ingame admins to learn to communicate with the various truckers of the Euro roads. Thanks for your time. 

A player gets banned if he breaks a rule. Every player read and agreed to these rules before playing so everyone knows what is allowed and what is not.

We have some rules that require a kick before a ban, but not every offense needs to be punished with a kick first.

Asking first to "not break the rule" is wrong, most people will stop doing it and start doing it again after a few minutes. Only real punishment (kick/ban) will have an effect on players.

It's a game that needs to be fun, but we don't like to waste our time if people don't want to read or follow the rules.

To be honest, we shouldn't give "warnings' as it's not needed since every players knows our rules, see my 1st line.

• Upvote 4

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

A: This is not going to change your ban. You broke a rule, you take the punishment. It's as simple as that.

B: The admins have rules to follow. There are the ingame rules, and there are rules that specifically apply to admins. Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

C: Organizing a police system like you describe is actually not that easy. If we get more tema members or make a community program for it, this will easily be a lot more work organizing and making sure everyone follows the steps.

Now, forcing all the admins to interact using the police car only also makes the system very inefficient, as the admin job depends on being able to teleport their camera and assess situations from various other angles.

D: The appeal and complaints system aren't as lengthy as you think, you just need a bit of patience for us to handle your appeal and/or complaint. You are FAR from the only person posting an appeal or sending us an email, and yours is treated exactly like everyone elses. It is not prioritized above others, it is replied to in time.

E: Please follow the suggestion format.

Rejected.

• Upvote 3

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.