How to get better AA and Performance using NVinspector

kevin_no

1. Download NVinspector here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

2. Open nvidiaProfileInspector.exe

3. Find ETS2 in the drop down menu.

4. Load in one the desired profiles which you can download here(right click, save as): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28678709/ets2.2xmsaa.nip and here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28678709/ets2.4xmsaa.nip

5. Click apply changes and startup ets2.

6. In ets2 make sure you turn the ingame AA OFF (MLAA its called) and be sure to set scaling to 100%. Otherwise this wont work.

Now the game will look better compared to MLAA and 400% scaling. But the performance gain is what is the most amazing to me. I have a gtx970 and a i7 2600k on a 27" 144hz 1440p monitor and with the 2xmsaa profile i get 40fps at the lowest and over a 100fps at the highest. Averaging about 60fps. This was tested in the Poland rebuilding part of promods which is imho the most demanding.  All settings are on the highest except for grass density, vegetation detail and mirror distance which are set to medium.

Please note that after every game update these settings will be reset to default. But all you have to do is to load up the profile and you are good to go.

Have fun!

Credit:

atlanta_dark

http://www.squirrel.tv/forums/index.php?topic=1348.0

For AMD users with more recent gpu, it's worth trying VSR (Virtual Super Resolution).

Basicly it "re-render games at higher resolutions (up to 4K) and then displaying that content at a lower resolution supported by the available monitor." You will have to fiddle with in-game scaling and msaa, but give less jagged edges for about the same performances when well tweaked.

What Is Virtual Super Resolution and How Does It Work?

15 hours ago, THETJVIDCHANNEL said:

Are you sure this is safe? I don't think I can trust this. Someone please follow me up on this.

NVinspector is an awesome program for Nvidia card users.It's safe.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I have a few gripes with this, otherwise great, guide:

• You don't mention your frame rate before applying the profile
  • MSAA is more demanding at higher levels (4x +) than MLAA due to the way it executes the effect*
  • MLAA + 400% scaling should be a no-no. Downscaling doesn't need anti-aliasing, the pixels are already small enough to not notice pixelation

*In layman's; you won't gain frames, you will lose them. How many frames is dependent on the PC and what setting you choose.

I kind of feel people will come here looking for some magical performance gain for their low tier PC and then stick 4x MSAA on their GeForce 210's :rolleyes: if you want anti-aliasing without a huge performance hit for lower end machines, SMAA or FXAA.

Some bonus information/articles if you fancy a lesson;

1. What is Anti Aliasing (AA) as Fast as Possible
  2. Different Types of Anti-aliasing as Fast As Possible
  3. AA Differences? (old-ish thread, post #4 is worth the read)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a problem - when loading one of the profiles then trying to run the game,it crashes.It just says "Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Steam has stopped working"

Any ideas ? My graphics card is NVidia GeForce GT 430

• 2 weeks later...

Archived