Allow screenshots even when driving

KayyJayy:D

Suggestion Name:  Allow screenshots even when driving
Suggestion Description: Allow screenshots even when driving because now only when the truck is stopped can screenshots be taken.

Any example images:  none

Why should it be added?: More often than not, we see something illegal on the highway. Most of us don't use recording devices like plays.tv, twitch etc. For example if someone is driving the wrong way on the highway, we have to stop to take screenshots but by the time we stop, the perpetrator already left the scene. Same applies to seeing a car with trailer on the highway (I saw that just now, well the car even had the pilot paint job)

image.png.701b87940b373cd99b50f1c9c3c76cb6.png

Are you serious??? Still 350ms ping in-game???

Your game freezes for a second when taking screenshots which is very dangerous towards other players around you.

• Upvote 3

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

I meant an in-game feature. It would be quite useful because admins ain't around all the time but we can still report.

32 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

You can use Overwolf Program for taking photos while driving mate.

Thanks for the suggestion.

image.png.701b87940b373cd99b50f1c9c3c76cb6.png

Are you serious??? Still 350ms ping in-game???

the problem with most screenshot softwares is that they require a still image to capture, which effectively pauses your game for a second or 2, meaning anyone behind you will end up running into you because you are stationary on their screen, aside from a few Screenshot softwares, most need a still image.

Not to mention that a Screenshot cannot depict who is in the right or the wrong as easily as a video or gif which shows at least 10- 20 frames of what is exactly happening. A screenshot is only good if you see someone who is doing something such as swearing in chat or towing a trailer with a car because it is easy to pick out what is going on, but if you screenshot an accident, its hard to determine who hit who or who instigated the incident, whereas a video can show you what happened before the accident and after it giving everyone a much better idea of what is going on.

Also, the above reason, I suspect, is why the devs wont build their own Screenshot software because screenshots are so rarely excepted as evidence of an incident.

Fast screenshots aren't that difficult. You can grab the frame really fast. The trick is to then not hold the game up with compression and writing to disk. A format like PNG is just too slow to compress using libpng's defaults. You could probably speed it up tremendously without really hurting compression by fixing the filter and setting it to Huffman-only mode. Better yet, do it asynchronously. But it isn't TruckersMP's code. Maybe you could convince whoever is responsible for it to speed it up.

What makes it difficult to do in TruckersMP is that the developers are patching binary code. It takes a lot of work to accomplish the simplest of things, and then you have to do it all over again for each new version. Each additional hook increases the burden of maintenance. A fast screenshot routine would take quite a few. If you're lucky things haven't changed fundamentally and you 'only' have to find new addresses. If you're less lucky you have to redo the whole thing.

I use Dxtory for screenshots. It is fast, uses PNG, and does not make the game lag.

I never got why the ingame screenshot system got bound to the Steam screenshots. No wonder that it does lag when the game has to take 2 screenshots at the same time. I wish I could disable that somehow -_-.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, scarface0359 said:

Your game freezes for a second when taking screenshots which is very dangerous towards other players around you.

Yea, man this is the reason. But, download other program for screenshots, like fraps, ow, and others :)

SCANIA POWER! <3

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.