reportin ingame

Hayal_Israeli

I've recently started reporting ingame, just because the Report window shows all of the offender's info. Once done, I grab cached video as evidence (2 previous minutes, thanks to Shadowplay). If nothing happens, I'll use the video to file a report on the website. The main difference I see is that in case of a guy ramming, if you report ingame, it may lead to nothing. Even if an admin comes immediately, he'll only be able to act according to what he sees at that moment, so if the rammer is gone or just started driving normally, no action can be taken. That same situation, with video and the website report system, leads almost always to the offender being banned.

^I started recording yesterday good thing I did had a guy in a car decided to do a brake check on me. Was trying to met a friend somewhere so we could do a convoy and all of a sudden I had a guy in a pilot car pulled over so I kept going just minding my own business. So I passed him about half way down his passes me got in front of me and stop. I hit the Jake brake and the regular brake at the same time to keep from hitting him. I still have the recordings of it but i have to make sure it has the driver ID.

The main difference is that an in-game report can be gone unhandled because of no online admin at that moment, or the perpetrator behaves when the admin is watching you or logs out.

Every report submitted on our website will be looked at, you can be sure about that.

So if you want to make sure a player gets punished, do both. Report in-game and report on our website. If the player has been banned in-game, we will decline the report on the website.

It only asks a few minutes of your time to create the report, but it is mostly worth it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Hello @scarface0359  Just curious how long the normal response time is for reports filed on the website?  I submitted one on Thursday morning (USA Time) and it's still unclaimed.  Is this the norm for it to take several days?  I understand people have other things to do, but this seems like a long time.  

Jerry

Jerry

Looking for a mature virtual trucking company?  

Check out Grizzly Bear Trucking

We have TeamSpeak, Forums, Maturity and More!

http://grizzlybeartrucking.com

It mostly takes around 2 days. However, there are currently over 500 reports waiting so it can take about 4 - 6 days.

We try our best to get them done as soon as possible. Don't worry, we'll get through them all, it just takes a bit more time.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

maybe an admin (hint @scarface0359) can give us some numbers on website reports?

How mutch, if any, have they increesed afther the last update?

I got a gut feeling it have increesed some, but would be nice to know. (Are there any awailible stats for reports btw?  both ingame, and website?)

Other than that, i sometimes do both ingame, and website.  That's if the insident is involving a high risk action. (blocking, wrong way, trolling) That way, even if the admins ingame get there in time to take action, they get a webreport that can show even more of the insident, and thus might end up changing the ban lenght.

I do understand that some doesn't have the hardware to rund a replay buffer though,  and that might easily result in their reports not leading to mutch action :(

If you're in an accident, and can't record yourself, asc in the chatt if anyone got a recording of it,   and you might get a positive response, and a link to a video later on.

(I always run with the replay buffer, sometimes records the whole drive, and if something special is happening, i might even stream ;) , if i see something interesting happening, i tend to dump the buffer, and i usualy keep those clips for about a week or so, sometimes i even upload them to yt, just because :P , so just ask if i've been arround, i might have a video for you.  But that's anough ot i think)

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I find in-game reports aren't that useful. First of all, an admin should be online and have time to come and take a look. When they do come, the perpetrator must still be doing something bad. If somebody hit you and drove off, the admin wouldn't have any evidence to go on by then. There must be an ongoing situation like someone who continues to block or ram for a while. However, if you are successful, the perpetrator will be banned right there and then so you can drive on in peace.

Reporting on the web with video evidence works every time. The admin can see everything that happened right from the start. The main disadvantage is that there's a delay, it seems currently of several days. The perpetrator can likely complete their 'play' session. They might not even want to play while they're sitting out their eventual ban. Of course, there'll be a mark on their record bringing them closer to a permaban, so over time it should still be effective.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived