Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

CB Radio does not work for me

CatchABee

Question

Hey,

I need help with the CB Radio. Where I am:

• I have the radio volume and all other volumes turned up.
  • On clicking the tab, I see people around me listed.
  • I am on Channe 19

When testing with mates:

• I cannot hear anyone speaking.
  • No one can hear me.
  • There is supposedly an indicator that shows who's talking. But, I do not see that too.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

8 answers to this question

You can't try to nun plug and replied the headset in. For me for some.off rrason I need to go into my sounds click on my headset, mute it then unmute click into the game and I'm fine. try that.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

There are few things you may need to check:

1. Check your default microphone - it shouldn't be set to stereo mix or similar
  2. Check if your headset has the mic mute switch somewhere. If you find it, set it into opposite state - you might've muted the mic by accident.
  3. Check the volume of the default microphone - if it's very low(close to 0%), raise it up.
  4. Check if you have plugged in the microphone into microphone connector(may not be applicable for USB headsets).

Also make sure that CB radio is actually turned on in-game.

If everything listed is checked and fixed(if applicable) there's settings in-game to change the volume of CB transmit and receive. 

In the settings(cog icon) select "sound" tab and you'll find voice and mic volume sliders. First one sets the CB receive volume, the second one sets the CB transmit volume.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

1 hour ago, jukeboxknox said:

You can't try to nun plug and replied the headset in. For me for some.off rrason I need to go into my sounds click on my headset, mute it then unmute click into the game and I'm fine. try that.

Thank you Juke. Tried this, but it did not work. I unplugged the USB transmitter and plugged it back in. I could hear no ETS2MP sounds after that. 

1 hour ago, Titanic4 said:

There are few things you may need to check:

1. Check your default microphone - it shouldn't be set to stereo mix or similar
  2. Check if your headset has the mic mute switch somewhere. If you find it, set it into opposite state - you might've muted the mic by accident.
  3. Check the volume of the default microphone - if it's very low(close to 0%), raise it up.
  4. Check if you have plugged in the microphone into microphone connector(may not be applicable for USB headsets).

Also make sure that CB radio is actually turned on in-game.

If everything listed is checked and fixed(if applicable) there's settings in-game to change the volume of CB transmit and receive. 

In the settings(cog icon) select "sound" tab and you'll find voice and mic volume sliders. First one sets the CB receive volume, the second one sets the CB transmit volume.

1. Default mic is my Corsair Vengeance 2100. Works with Teamspeak and everything else, but for the CB radio

2. It is not muted, works in TeamSpeak

3. Volumes set to highest position

4. Yes, mic working in other applications and when I test it too.

http://imgur.com/FCTeg4I

CB Radio is switched on and shows "19" when in-game. 

I also see something that looks like an equaliser, where the smallest one is lit up. Will try to get a screenshot and attach here.

http://imgur.com/0jJuKRG

The CB "Tab key" and then cogs and then sound tab indicates that everything is turned up. 

Album link since images are not embedding into the post:

http://imgur.com/a/DcHIs