Scroll Up/Scroll Down Via In Game Chat

Suggestion Name: Scroll Up/Scroll Down Via In Game Chat
Suggestion Description: You can scroll up to previous comments in the chat. This can be helpful in Rotterdam and Europoort and maybe other places if they get jam packed. The whole Idea of it is so people can look back at whats been put in chat. 

Any example imagesURFfpHK.png

Why should it be added?: So people can look back at chat and see what people has been saying within the chat and see what you have missed. 

• Upvote 3

^^ I am totally against.

As the practice of visiting the Rotterdam/Europort - chat is flood. Dozens of lines of useless information that will occupy computer resources. That doesn't make any sense.

^ For quick communication with friends, use TS3, instant messengers, Skype & etc.

To view the chat history, copy from there important links - see the file \Documents\ETS2MP\logs\chat_DD_MM_YYYY.log

In this file you will be able to find all chat messages that you missed.

10.jpg?_1693113983

20 minutes ago, AlexKERNEL said:

^^ I am totally against.

As the practice of visiting the Rotterdam/Europort - chat is flood. Dozens of lines of useless information that will occupy computer resources. That doesn't make any sense.

^ For quick communication with friends, use TS3, instant messengers, Skype & etc.

To view the chat history, copy from there important links - see the file \Documents\ETS2MP\logs\chat_DD_MM_YYYY.log

In this file you will be able to find all chat messages that you missed.

The chat data is already logged on your computer and eats space that way anyway.

So scrolling up (and down) would be nice to keep track of everything that happened while being online

• Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

For game administrators, I can imagine a scenario of using the chat history.

For example:

Receives the report on the player for insulting in the chat. The administrator in a separate window, watching the chat history on the player for the period <report time> - 20min. Taking the decision. I think that it would be convenient and practical.

This request to the improvement for the sake of improving.

10.jpg?_1693113983

1 minute ago, AlexKERNEL said:

For game administrators, I can imagine a scenario of using the chat history.

For example:

Receives the report on the player for insulting in the chat. The administrator in a separate window, watching the chat history on the player for the period <report time> - 20min. Taking the decision. I think that it would be convenient and practical.

This request to the improvement for the sake of improving.

Its a good senario

Page up & down 

1 hour ago, Leff12345 said:

Good idea. But then a cursor has to be enabled when you open chat, but I think that is not a big problem. And I also think that when a cursor gets enabled in chat, you can also more easily edit your messages and also copy links which can be useful.

Also add page up & down keys for people not using mouse all the time.

76561198022051018.png

• 3 weeks later...

I like this idea Smalley, I think this would also make reporting insults and chat experiences much easier. I don't see why this shouldn't be added because the chat logs are stored making this possible. I think it would help admins too whilst sitting in highly populated areas sorting through chat. Without this it is difficult for them due to the large number of reports coming in their chat section.

AddFriend.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This suggestion has pros and cons

(Pros)If you stick to one place, yes it would be helpful too have (if you are in crowded area)

(Cons)Since the chat is only local and the admin ports away (for report) and ports back he can't see what is written earlier in chat.