Customizable pilot skin

aaaMArtin

Suggestion Name: Customizable pilot skin
Suggestion Description: Make it possible to change the colors of the pilot skin. Currently we have a red and white color combination, which looks fine, but there is no norm for exactly how it should look in the real world. So my suggestion is to make the skin customizable, so that you can have different color combinations for your pilot car. For instance orange and black, black and yellow... you get the idea. It would pretty much work the same way as paint jobs for trucks, where you can choose your own colors. 

Any example images:

MG_4272.jpg8273576060_c472f15453_b.jpg

Why should it be added?: It seems like a simple thing to do (not sure tho) and would make it possible to match trucks and cars for roleplay purposes, or just to make it possible for the players to have a color combination they find more fitting than the red&white combo. Let me hear your thoughts :)

Btw, I wasn't 100% sure where to put this suggestion as it relates to both ATS and ETS. Also, I did search through the forums, but I couldn't find a suggestion quite like this. However, there are many topics about the cars currently, so correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks for reading :)

• Upvote 4

Yes, I am aware of that, but that is, as you're saying, save editing, which many people won't bother with or don't know how to do. I was hoping to make it more "legit" by having it as a standard option when customizing your car. That way you would also keep the writing which says "Pilot". 

Enabling the user to editing the color is possible, and so is adding some of the truck paint jobs to the paint job list for the car in the service station, so people don't need to do save game editing to use those.

Completely custom skins, however, won't happen as it would require us to distribute the skins with every download of the client, and it would be a hazzle to keep updated and distribute.

• Upvote 3

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

That would be great! 

Also, I never wanted for you to add custom skins, as I truly understand the hazzle. But if you decide to enable us to change the colors to the pilot skin (and also add some of the truck paint jobs, if that's something people want), then my wishes would have been granted! :D 

On 10/05/2016 at 5:22 AM, HumaneWolf said:

and so is adding some of the truck paint jobs to the paint job list for the car in the service station, so people don't need to do save game editing to use those.

Just nothing paid, aka the high powered dlc, which some want as it kinda mimics one of the pics above... Idk what happens if one tries to load a skin forcefully in game... Maybe it'll crash? If it doesn't show up or cause issues in shop of the user doesn't own it than sure.

I agree adding truck skins to the list for cars as save editing the car requires 99.99% of the users doing it to have the mp client open, likely connected to the server...

Edit: now I'm going to try my steam punk dlc on the car to see what it looks like lol

Edited by Darth Wazawai

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Well, it shouldn't be a problem if they allow skins from high power dlc either, as it would work the same way it is now. If you haven't bought it, you will simply see a placeholder color or something along those lines. I use the dlc skins in mp often, and I believe they are all supported. (Maybe not the last ones). I'm sure the developers would have thought of it either way. :)

I like the idea of this, and I was going to post about it an seen you bet me to it. Cars are good to drive and we all need to have more options with skins and whatnot. Have more skins to pick from like AA or RAC roadside recovering. Would be cool to have an yellow taxi  

lcuoUWl.gif.2ae879e10f4e499e935acbd4db146289.gif

If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow . Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping this, but after the new rule review, this suggestion may be even more relevant. Many seemed upset about loosing the possibility to have custom paintjobs through save editing. Maybe making the current paintjob customizable, and possibly adding some of the truck paint jobs from the base game would be a good solution? Meaning that they would be obtainable through the repair shop in-game. That way you would avoid any crashes related to people using DLC skins and such, while catering to those who want more choices :) Also, as stated before, it would make them accessible to all players! Another option would be to create new skins for the car if that's something you'd rather do, however that was not my original suggestion, just throwing some ideas out there!

• 1 month later...

DLC paint jobs cannot be used on cars as other players without that DLC will experience a game crash. Unlike the base trucks in-game, the game will not replace the missing paint jobs with generic paintjobs, as it can't find the files and thus crashing the game, as the car is an addon to the game. Although the base multicoloured paintjobs for the trucks can be edited onto cars, it is not allowed as it is considered using truck parts on cars. Even though it looks nice cosmetically and won't cause crashes, this game is a TRUCK simulator, not a car one. Cars cannot be modified in any way, except for the available paintjobs and beacons. 

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^

• 1 month later...

+1 Yes this would be great especially now that we can't use truck paintjobs on the cars - it would be great to be able to change the red and white colours of the pilot car to different colours, like with the truck paintjobs where you have the option to change the colours of the paintjobs, a similar thing should be added for the pilot cars

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Definatelly +1 for me!

I think it isn't really hard to customize the paint job to take it like two-parts. Well I think that red fits here the best, but... pink wouldn't be bad too I guess. Great idea overall! B)

• 3 weeks later...

^I don't think you need to ban the color blue. It would still say "Pilot" and not "Police". Besides, if someone were to abuse this and pretend to be police, it's still against the rules, regardless if they have the paintjob or not, and a report should take care of the problem. 

2 hours ago, Pheonix_Twitch said:

Sersly... This suggestion is from may... Like come on..

I may be biased, but why does it matter? It's not like it's been a dead thread since may. Posts have been added, and people have contributed to the suggestion. The point of a suggestion is to see what the people think about it, and to gauge the interest around the topic, is it not? If new people find the topic and likes it, I appreciate them commenting. It means that there is still some interest in the topic :)

• Upvote 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.