Confused Over Tweet From @TruckersMP About An Authorised Mod

ClownPrince

I just simply  drive the car and trucks how they are to avoid any confusion or a chance of getting in trouble.  Plus modding the car and trucks can cause lag and/or a crash for you and/or other players.

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

15 minutes ago, Clarkinator said:

I hate it when I don't manage to get all the facts. The 625 might be the largest engine you can get in a truck on ATS. The car engine sounds rather different to any truck engine and is very obvious to us when that happens. We don't mind you using the truck engine in everything, but the car engine should only be in the cars at this time.

I am sorry if you think I didn't give you all the facts, I only discovered the 2nd engine after I looked at that website following your removal of the other.

AFAIK I had not downloaded any car engine, if anything it seems that the 2 websites are hosting the same mod but under different names.

I will wait until I am told it is fine to use that 625hp from either website before I download and use it then. I have sold my truck and currently driving around with a 550hp engine, it's a tad slower :(

signature.png

@SingingTurnip I knew you were told these mods were ok. I meant my advice for now, while more IGAs get together to determine more clear and consice rules as it looks like more loop holes and technicalities need to be solved. 

The fact that you are taking the time to make sure you aren't breaking the rules is a credit to how much you care, so I'm sorry if my first post sounded accusatory. Again, I just meant that for now, I'd not save editor anything until this settles and the IGAs establish clear rules on it first. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

7 hours ago, Darth Wazawai said:

Some rules are way too broad... Excessive modding is one... One admin could have a different idea on excessive and is very hammer happy... So you could drive by one w/o issue than 5 minutes later get banned by another in the same vehicle...

My video of a car with a truck engine:

Ah ok so perfectly controllable for the right person then... Won't try it as I've got no need for it (my MAN Scania Benz combo is fast/powerful enough for me)

Whats the max speed tho ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived