More active in-game admins or more in-game admins in general.

jernulf

Hi.

It has come to my attention when I've played the recent week that the in-game admins are not very active, or they are but I haven't noticed. 

I have reported multiple people for reckless driving (ghost driving, slalom driving between lanes or driving on the wrong side of the road), ramming or blocking. 

Just 2 days ago i reported a driver for blocking because he was standing right across the road blocking traffic from both directions. He was active in the chat talking to me, and others. 

I told him to move or he will be kicked/banned (because I thought he would.) We stood there for a good 10 minutes before he either called for assistance or disconnected. This irritaded me a great deal, and it was not early in the morning with only 200 people online, it was in the early afternoon with a full server on EU2. I did not record because my processor can't handle that. 

So I would like (probably as many others) have either more active in-game admins OR more in-game admins in general to deal with these kind of situations. 

i think the biggest issue is that there comes waves of trolls to this game ( as every other public mp game ), and it takes a bit of time to get that under controll again.

And, you could watch one of the streams from the in-game admins, to see how active they are :P  litterarly hundreds of reports to go trough,  and they got to check them all, and gather evidence of the crime, before doing anything.  And the reported insident can be long over....  

Though, being that quality is prefered over quantity, there might be times when there arent any admins online.  And they got a lot of servers to cover aswell. 

I do see your point though,  but a few screenshots of that situation, and you could report it on the forums, and he would get his ban.  Take them with a bit of time between, and it should be plenty to provide evidence.

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

People get bored of messing with other players, just don't give them the pleasure of your frustration! Find an alternate route or just try not to get angry, it will only fuel their trolling ahah, with no reaction they get nothing from it!

But I do understand yes!

I think one of the problems aswell is the fact that its not just you reporting players, all the players are reporting people and I am assuming that it is delt with by priority. EG. Blocking EP would be top priority but a little country road would be low priority. please, Do correct me if I am wrong.

Matthew Prestwood,

Freelance Website Developer

matthewstridgen.co.uk

I have never tried reporting someone in game (using the /pinfo option) but I have submitted a few reports after the fact. So far everyone has been dealt with within 48 hours. I guess it helps if you record the incident (I always have my recording software set-up and hit "start" if I suspect something dodgy may happen) and make it very easy for the admins to review the evidence.

Hey, I have come accross this a lot lately... And I would actually like to become an admin so I could deal with guys like that myself... 

but what I don't understand is why people like to troll or be mean like that? 

And there is a list of the staff members! :D so you could always right down the players name and report them in a direct message to 1 off the staff. (even with a picture I'm should would help as proof). 

#LetsStopTrolling! :)

Staff List: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/staff/

^^ That's not the way to do things. If you find someone trolling, the best you can do is record gameplay video (lots of software allow this) and file a report in the website: http://truckersmp.com/en_US/reports Pictures are valid too, but only in certain cases (insults, blocking, static actions). For trolls, players ramming or driving recklessly, video is your best friend. Side note: Don't ever ask to be admin. There are procedures to become one and several threads explaining those, search for them if you're interested.

Yes thats actually very true. I agree with that 100%, but a combo of a vid and a picture or 2 could also be quite good evidence against the player... good thimking there FernandoCR :)

I just hope we can find a way too keep trouble makers and trollers at bay with minimal issues.. because lately it started to imcrease again... :(

Thank you all for you answers, and I've been thinking while reading through all your replies and i will download OBS and even if it gives me lag for a short time I will have it ready to record, just to have some evidence, thank you again.

On 6/5/2016 at 9:42 PM, ZiroX_HD said:

We are humans too; we have lives, jobs, school / college etc. 

Last few days has been extremely busy due to the latest update from the Developers.

If you cannot record, try gathering screenshots of the incident and report on the website.

I do understand that, which is why i said "or more admins in general" so there will be more people to cover all the reports that are coming in so maybe you can catch them while they are still breaking the rules. Thank you for your answer.

1 hour ago, jernulf said:

Thank you all for you answers, and I've been thinking while reading through all your replies and i will download OBS and even if it gives me lag for a short time I will have it ready to record, just to have some evidence, thank you again.

If you have an nVidia GPU higher than GTX 600 series you can use Shadowplay, from GeForce Experience. No need to install new software, records video without FPS loss and has a wonderful feature: You can save "cached" video, from 1 to several minutes, by just pressing a Hotkey. This allows you to have video evidence of actions that happened BEFORE hitting the key to record. It's what I'm using and it works like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived