Cars seem a little too fast.

Magma_Crafter

In the middle of one of my trips a car took a turn way too fast, hit the median, flipped over it, hit my trailer and flipped me over. I didnt file a report, it was an honest accident and it wasnt technically breaking any rules, you cant be kicked or banned for speeding or causing accidents. Accidents that are not your fault seems to get a little annoying and there isnt much you can do about them. What do you guys do and what kinds of systems could they put into ATS?

Here is the screenshot I got: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679231360

The Scout is actually pretty realistic. The Scout is modelled from a Scoda. Now this is most likely a VRS variant of one the cars. A video here show a Scoda VRS being driven on the autobahn:

Now he did not even get to his top speed due to traffic, etc. 

Any care will lose control at that speed on even the slightest of corners, the only thing that would need improving a bit is the brakes. An accident like the one in your picture was most likely the fault of the scout driver as that corner is a sharp corner for highways.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

The Scout is supposed to be the Skoda Superb, it doesn't have a VRS variant, however the car's top speed (of the real counterpart) is 250km/h for the 2.0 TSI, 220Km/h for the 1.4TSI and 230km/h for the 2.0TDI (most powerful version, nearly 200hp). So ye, speed is actually right.

I was excited a bit to see an actual car in multiplayer, but then was disappointed to see it be such a fast car; I knew there would be accidents, people speeding, blowing red lights, etc.

on ATSMP I did take one of these out to the desert while the server was nearly empty one early morning and open it up. I think I hit 150mph. While suitable for a police car, the gear ratios and top speed make it more suited for an admin police car. I'd like to see a bit more practical car be introduced....a pickup truck as a pilot car seems more suited for player use.

You'll find me mostly on ATSMP. Look for Jguy in the shiny iridescent purple truck!

Following all the rules of the road and ticket free since 2003!

^ completely agree. The only issue the car has is braking, which can be adjusted in settings. Drivers are the issues and not just trolls. Its also people who think they can take a turn at that speed or dont understand how the brakes work. Would be nice to see some good drivers soon.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

The car, no matter how realistic, is super fast. Did a test drive to see how fast it could actually go, got up to about 140 before 2 trolls were blocking the lanes and i was forced to crash.

https://plus.google.com/117502892359058737776/posts/RFhJUMzhUAb

I hope they are going to fix it up some. Even the engine noise as it drives makes me want to mute my sound.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:44 AM, The Imaginative Lad said:

The Scout is actually pretty realistic. The Scout is modelled from a Scoda. Now this is most likely a VRS variant of one the cars. A video here show a Scoda VRS being driven on the autobahn:

^^ It is actually very realistic. As the quote above shows, the car in real life actually does hit 240 kp/h. Perhaps try and do a speed test in Scandinavia on EU#3 where there will be less people/less trolls. As for the engine noises, it is pretty close also. If you listen to the video, it is quite loud and sounds quite close to the car in-game.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, jukeboxknox said:

^ completely agree. The only issue the car has is braking, which can be adjusted in settings. Drivers are the issues and not just trolls. Its also people who think they can take a turn at that speed or dont understand how the brakes work. Would be nice to see some good drivers soon.

The best work around for the brake issue (Especially in ATSMP) is to switch what gear setup you use, so say you use 18 speed for your truck, for the car, switch it to Ranged and youll find slowing sown is a lot easier to do, just remember to reset your setting if you wish to drive a truck and remember that 1st is no longer 1st lol

On 5/6/2016 at 10:14 AM, The Imaginative Lad said:

Any care will lose control at that speed on even the slightest of corners, the only thing that would need improving a bit is the brakes. An accident like the one in your picture was most likely the fault of the scout driver as that corner is a sharp corner for highways.

I wasn't actually saying the scout car is too unrealistic, It's mostly the crash physics in that situation, when a car flying over the median like that XD. I agree the brakes are the problem, if I get a wheel I think it would be a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived