[ARCHIVED] Guide to Making Hybrid Trucks/Cars

Using Truck parts on cars are not allowed, nor is using car parts on trucks. This violates the game rules.

- @HumaneWolf

Hello! Today I will be making a guide on how to make hybrid trucks/cars. I have been asked multiple times how to make hybrid cars after people saw my ‘Draggster’ - http://prnt.sc/b0p22j. Therefore, I will be making this guide. Make sure you have Java 7 installed. If you don’t, download the latest version from here - http://goo.gl/NgJ0AS .

1. Download the SCS Decrypter - http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=164103

Screenshot_72.png

2. After it has downloaded, create a folder on your desktop named ETS2 Modding.

Screenshot_74.png

3. Extract the downloaded files into the ETS2 Modding folder.

4. Now they have been extracted to the ETS2 Modding folder. Go to Documents -> Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> Right Click on ‘Config.cfg.’ -> Click edit with Notepad++ https://goo.gl/WU9R0w -> Then Ctrl + F -> Search for ‘Format’ -> Then set the ‘0’ to ‘2’. Then load up ETS2 and click ‘Drive’ where you can see your truck then save your game and exit.

Screenshot_76.png

5. Now you have exited the game - Go to Documents -> Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> Profiles (Click your profile what you use) -> Click the autosave that was edited most recently. Now, drag the game.sii file out of that folder to the ETS2 Modding folder you made previously. Then, hover the game.sii file over the scsc batch file and what for a window to come up saying ‘Decrypted’.

Screenshot_78.png

6. Now you have done that, right click the game.sii and open with Notepad++. For this example, I will be showing you how to change the paint on a car. If you wanted to put the paint you have on your Scania R for example, you will do this. Ctrl + F on the Notepad file and search for ‘scania.r’. Now you have found that, scroll down and find the paint job section like I have below.

Screenshot_80.png

7. Then Ctrl + C the text that I have highlighted on my screen then Ctrl + F and search for Skoda.

Screenshot_81.png

8. Then scroll down and find the paint section of the Skoda like you did with the Scania R above.

Screenshot_82.png

9. Now you have found that highlight over the paint section like I have done above and press backspace. Now, Ctrl + V and paste the text you copied from the Scania R paint section before like I have done below.Screenshot_83.png

10. Then Ctrl + S and save the document. Now drag the game.sii back out of the ETS2 Modding folder and put it back into the autosave folder that you got it from previously.

Screenshot_84.png

11. Then load up ETS2MP and enjoy!

If you have any problems with it, don’t hesitate to send me a PM regarding any issues you are having. Remember you can use this exact same process to make hybrid trucks too and also edit and move any parts from one vehicle to another!

***PLEASE DO REMEMBER TO READ THE TRUCKERSMP RULES REGARDING SAVE EDITING***

Edited by HumaneWolf
Rule change edit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

3 hours ago, jacoblovekw said:

Nice guide Lewis

Haha thanks! Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, elliotdc305 said:

Ooo, nice :) That dragster looked sicked though :D

Yes it does and I guess that's why I got asked how to make it so many times. :P

• Upvote 1

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

It is but you will need to add it on a server ate light bar. You need to add a light bar onto a truck and add beacons/lights then transfer the files like what you did with the paint.

Really helps :D Cheers @[SFH] DJ Lewis

Truckers.FM Station Manager and Presenter

16930580_1843345192593150_1506299823_o - Copy.jpg

Hehe no problem! That's the exact same reason I made this so then when people ask me, I can just direct them to this. xD

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2016 at 4:47 PM, SingingTurnip said:

Tried this in ATS and now my Skoda looks like someone has attacked it angrily with paint haha I guess it's trial and error to find what paint job works and what doesn't. 

Metalics one work just fine :D

Others mostly doesn't work correctly tho, it goes weird on the bonnet for unknown reasons.

• Upvote 1

PinKPanther1020.png

5 hours ago, PinKPanther1020 said:

Metalics one work just fine :D

Others mostly doesn't work correctly tho, it goes weird on the bonnet for unknown reasons.

The car can have metallic anyway can't it or is there a livery you are referring too?

• Upvote 1

signature.png

12 hours ago, SingingTurnip said:

The car can have metallic anyway can't it or is there a livery you are referring too?

The paints from Metallic PJ DLC. Don't have their exact name tho.

There's one you can get for free when registering on WoTR and the second one is on sale on Steam.

It works on ATS too btw, but it's even harder to find a paint there :/

• Upvote 1

PinKPanther1020.png