sometimes cars are only useless traffic (except pilots) if they also could take a load they wouldnt be so useless anymore and someone who doesnt like trucks has a big advantage with that

30 minutes ago, goshawk2015 said:

someone who doesnt like trucks

I don't get why someone who doesn't like trucks would be playing Euro TRUCK Simulator 2 or American TRUCK Simulator... Maybe small trailers would be OK to be used by cars, but the problem in the games is that cars physics are quite messed up, people would drive those trailers 200+ Km/h, causing even more issues than now.

On 21/6/2016 at 4:46 PM, goshawk2015 said:

sometimes cars are only useless traffic (except pilots) if they also could take a load they wouldnt be so useless anymore and someone who doesnt like trucks has a big advantage with that

Yep. Totally agree. On EP there are lots of cars (More traffic Rotterdam/Ep = lag).

Hi.

thats what i think if we also could have (little) trailers for cars they wouldnt be so useless anymore means lower lags at rotterdam Europoort

Edited by Caitlin.
Please do not quote the full post above you. Use ^ instead.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, goshawk2015 said:

I have to agree, since coming back to ETS2MP from ATS, the cars are so much more of a nuisance than in ATS, especially in high traffic areas like EP and Calais. If cars had a reason to travel through these areas, it wouldn't be so bad for us hardcore truckers, but when you have guys who only drive cars just to troll or to go where theres high volumes of people, it just asking for trouble, I cant count how many times in the last week ive seen cars flipping, crashing and causing problems in EP and Rotterdam, it paints a bad picture for those who do abide by the rules and do drive like they should drive.

All in all, if there was just 1 trailer that was usable by cars and didn't flip out all the time, then I would be more comfortable driving with cars around.

just cars are big problems if they dont have anything to do, so i would say trailer would make this problem solved or at least not as a big one anymore...! :P 

Edited by Caitlin.
Please do not quote the full post above you. Use ^ instead.

^I agree, that and giving them less chance of ramming you out of the way or getting under your trailer and flipping you onto your side, those things are annoying. but giving the car drivers something to do as an alternate to screwing around and causing mayhem or driving at mach 1.5 down autobahns and rolling over, would be great, Us truckers don't need to have to deal with a rolled car every few thousand miles or so or have a car coming speeding on the wrong side of the road and messing up youre day time and time again.

Although cars right now have no use, there are too many people who drive the car and troll, that plus a trailer will cause lots of problems. Also, you have to remember the car is based of an estate car which cannot haul items as heavy as what are already in the game making it unrealistic. However this is good because cars don't have a use and this could bring a whole new concept and fun convoys to the game.

^ And everyone is happy about more fun in the game :)

Edited by Caitlin.
Removed Quote. Use ^ if replying to the post above.

3 hours ago, SMURFY said:

Although cars right now have no use, there are too many people who drive the car and troll, that plus a trailer will cause lots of problems. Also, you have to remember the car is based of an estate car which cannot haul items as heavy as what are already in the game making it unrealistic. However this is good because cars don't have a use and this could bring a whole new concept and fun convoys to the game.

I don't think anyone really wants to have a trailer for a car that ways 20 tonnes, for the most part its not realistic at all as those sorts of weights are HGV loads. Also, because of the way physics in the games works, if you had a heavy trailer, by principle it would be a no go for driving around any corner, you try taking a 25Tonne load in ETS2MP with a 4x2 truck, chances are you aint going to make a lot of turns because the weight will lift the steering axle off the ground,

No, trailers such as caravans and small haulage trailers and small flat bed trailers, those are usually only rated for a couple of tonnes if that.

bleu-blanc-rouge-france-drapeau.png

It is a good idea, but the problem it is that Euro Truck Simulator is a game of trucks, not cars. Car are already rather present on roads, if we add that, anybody anymore will drive of trucks.

^actually that's inaccurate of an assumption. Saying that practically everyone will drive a car with a trailer instead of a truck is like saying that everyone in ETS2MP drives a 750HP Volvo and has over 100,000Miles on the clock for it. Its not a basis for fact, more of a personal opinion.

Yes these games are TRUCK simulators, but seeing as we have the stock car in the game, it would be a good idea to give a alternate for those who WANT to drive the cars all the time. Hell, from my drives over the last week, the ratio of cars to trucks is 50:40 in favour of trucks, primarily because trucks feel more planted and drive nicer with better brakes and feel like they should.

Yes people would start out driving cars with trailers all the time, it would be exactly the same as when the cars first came out, almost everyone went out and bought one and drove it around, but after a period of time, people went back to their trucks because the novelty wore off after a while, same thing with this idea, people would flock to it for the first week or 2 but after a few trips, people will get bored of the trailers, how they look and drive, hell, I bet a lot of us wouldn't even bother switching from our trucks anyway!

-1 for me too

Cars aren't priority, and I don't see necessity for adding any "extra features" for this...

"it would be a good idea to give a alternate for those who WANT to drive the cars all the time"

Following this logic, I WANT drive Peterbilt 389, Volvo VNL670, bus and motorcycles in ETS2. I want that also they make a game "2 in 1", merging ATS and ETS2 in one game only...

I want many things... But "want" does not mean "can it"

• Upvote 1
76561198274653564.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2016 at 3:24 PM, SMURFY said:

Even though an Estate Car cant haul the trailers in the game already, they can tow small trailers (ex. Small Campers, Small Enclosed (or open) Trailers, and possibly a small Jetski trailer) without too much trouble, so I dont exactly see how it would be unrealistic. Also it actually gives the cars something to do other than speed around and look for stuff to do or whatever cars do. So +1 for mi. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

TruckersMP is not going to add any third party mods anytime soon because it would require an additional download, thus making the total file size bigger which leads to longer download times. In addition, those modifications always need to be supported by the latest version of the game which cannot be taken for granted when using external mods that have not been created by TruckersMP. Also, the developer of the car is not staff anymore, hence why it is going to be very difficult to implement such things.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.