Car brakes sucks?

OrkunGoatcu

Wrong wrong wrong all wrong...

1. Drive manual, can't drive manual don't drive the car.

2. Learn to downshift, the car has 6 gears, if you're in gear 6 you can downshift to 4 w/o spinning out. Using the e-mail brake will make you lose control. Tap your brakes to insure you don't lose control. In gear 4 you shouldn't have a issue stopping if you do downshift to either 3 or 2.

3. This car has 2 things it shouldn't... Air pressure(annoying) and engine brakes. Downshift 2 gears and use the engine brake and downshift every 5-8 seconds unless you notice you're losing control than shift up a gear to gain back stability.

If anyone wants to get banned follow the second tip op gives. Going over 200 you lack sufficient control to use said function, you will likely crash, also over 200 slamming the brakes even at 100% intensity you'll likely lose control and at least swerve trying not to crash.

I've not crashed into anything braking hard properly tho I'm sure I've scared a few truckers :lol: I slow down to their speed before I overtake because going 200+ even 160+ you can't judge turns on the map fast enough.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Brakes are awful indeed. My braking setup is perfect for trucks but this car it sucks in.

BUT that said, it just takes getting used to. Break a bit earlier. Drop to lower gears... getting there!

Apologies to any truckers I scared in Norway whilst I was getting used to the brakes!

1 hour ago, Darth Wazawai said:

It works, just not reliably... Eventually you'll crash...

simpler way if driving the car: don't drive super fast, start braking as soon as you see your exit or a corner coming up, use the in game Exhaust brake (Jake Brake) on maximum setting and if you drive manual, keep it in low gears, if you drive auto, try tapping the handbrake every few seconds to slow you down, too much and you'll lock the rear and spin out, to little and you'll never stop in time.

I just dont understand how everyone has so many issues with the car. I was even driving it around with the brake sensitivity all the way to the left because I forgot to switch it after switching from my truck. No problems what so ever, people just need to be more cautious and pay attention.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

Yeah me too, but very much people are raging about it.

1 hour ago, jukeboxknox said:

I just dont understand how everyone has so many issues with the car. I was even driving it around with the brake sensitivity all the way to the left because I forgot to switch it after switching from my truck. No problems what so ever, people just need to be more cautious and pay attention.

76561198134942614.png

6 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

the thing is, even if you pay attention, if you travel at 70MPH in Nevada, trying to slow down just using footbrake alone is next to impossible without crashing or blowing red lights, hell even driving at 30 is a task on city streets, people say, oh turn your sensitivity up, most of us don't because we want to drive both the cars and the trucks in the game without having to mark exactly where on the slider your brakes are set for a truck and a car, for a truck, I have my sensitivity way over to the left for that realistic weighted feel, in the cars, the thing feels like its being pushed by 20+Tionnes on the back (although I did go to a weigh station in ATSMP and found the car weights 20Tonnes!!!) which is one of the reasons the braking is so weird in it, it does brake like a truck that's pulling a 20 Tonne trailer behind it down a steep gradient, that's the best way to describe the brakes in the cars. I personally found the best way to stop is to only run in low gears, have Jake Brake setting at the max compression rate and to start braking 4x the distance you would normally slow your truck down from.

I dont have that issue, so im not sure why your saying its so difficult. I ran with my brake sensitivity all the way to the left, because I was sick of changing it back and forth, and little early braking down shifting and I havent had a problem. I dont use the jake brake with the car either since thats not even real for cars. There are plenty of people that can control the cars and are not having the issues that you state. Defensive driving is the best kind.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

I agree the brakes do need fixing soonTM. The amount of people who hit me these days :D 

Truckers.FM Station Manager and Presenter

16930580_1843345192593150_1506299823_o - Copy.jpg

I use the handbrake sometimes, but it just sends me sliding across the highway like ice skates (especially in the car), so I hope the brakes are fixed soon (I think I meant to put TM here :P)

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

3 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

I dont have that issue, so im not sure why your saying its so difficult. I ran with my brake sensitivity all the way to the left, because I was sick of changing it back and forth, and little early braking down shifting and I havent had a problem. I dont use the jake brake with the car either since thats not even real for cars. There are plenty of people that can control the cars and are not having the issues that you state. Defensive driving is the best kind.

the thing is, some people either don't know how to drive defensively or drive with certain settings on. Yeah the Jake brake isn't legit, but if it gets you slowed down without ramming into the person in front of you, then its a legit way of slowing the cars down, although the brakes do require tweaking, mainly because the cars seem to come out with a gross weight of over 20 tonnes so the brakes act as if you're trying to slow down a big rig with a 20_+ tonne load on the back while only using foot brakes on a steep gradient which sucks, the thing that annoys me is that I can easily get a truck that's fully loaded  from 55 to stop faster than I can get the damn car to slow to a stop from just 30! it needs a permanent fix as soon as.

If you put the braking sensitivity on full then that will help massively, also if you use the engine braking, then the car slows down VERY quickly, if (with my G27 wheel) I stick it in first and let the clutch out then that with normal brakes will stop it quickly! 

Hope this helps - ;-)

On 03/05/2016 at 5:35 PM, Jessieboy360 said:

Yeah, the brakes from the car are not perfect but i have 2 tips for you to brake better.

Tip 1: Set your braking intensity to 100% your brake faster.

Tip 2: If you need to brake quickly brake with your handbrake.

I hope that it helps!

-Jessieboy360

In my personal opinion, instead of increasing the braking thing or what not..try pumping the brakes like a truck... or staying at the truck speed limit just cause and then pumping the brakes, it works for me. >_<

• 2 weeks later...

Archived