Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New Car Uses "Police"

Suggestion Name:Police System in ATS/ETS 
Suggestion Description: Train police for patrol ATS

Any example images: the video trailer for the new cars. 

Why should it be added?:be cause it'd add realism and would be nice.

couldn't it charge them like a speeding offence and the money just goes away that way like the normal ticket system in the game that exsists already already. Also because of USROA the police channel in america on CB is 9 so that should be police band.

fixed the format although lost my original message so going to rewrite but simplified

There should be a training course for admins to train players to be police on the server. they should give tickets and stuff.  would add realism and order. 4 min cool down on a player from ticket to ticket. police should get no pay just assist keeping order.

Garrett "Hammer" Hamersma

NJ Trucker.

Edited by scania970
Merged posts

2 hours ago, Hammer1055 said:

couldn't it charge them like a speeding offence and the money just goes away that way like the normal ticket system in the game that exsists already already. Also because of USROA the police channel in america on CB is 9 so that should be police band.

fixed the format although lost my original message so going to rewrite but simplified

There should be a training course for admins to train players to be police on the server. they should give tickets and stuff.  would add realism and order. 4 min cool down on a player from ticket to ticket. police should get no pay just assist keeping order.

Garrett "Hammer" Hamersma

NJ Trucker.

That would never work - admins are busy as it is with 'policing' the servers with traditional kicks and bans when people don't follow the rules and cause a nuisance for other players. The admins will never have time to start doing this, neither have the Project Managers got the time to be making training courses and implementing the training to admins. It is all a very big effort and essentially waste of time for very little outcome. 

Also, as far as I'm aware, the Developers cannot do anything with the in-game base speeding offence ticketing system. I'm not 100% sure on this though, so please do correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems like a decent idea, it will just never happen and isn't worth the hassle :).

Maybe but it doesn't have to be everyday like maybe every month and you could probable also just make the hired police train them. still even if it get's implemented later that's all i see the car useful for. if there was a truck then i see a good convoy lead vehicle but a car seems to weak and puny.

^

See I agree but just for now we can use the charging system already in the game. the one that gives traffic fines like "Speeding" all you'd need to do is trigger it somehow. for now if you make a alpha version GUI that triggers traffic events like running a red light and it could be modified from there.

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

• 1 year later...

Anything that adds realism but it needs to remain realistic with the possibility of it actually working. 

+1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

Well, there is a police car now.. only for admins. And yes, would be really nice if when a server side economy system is put into place if police can actually pull you over for a check up, or something like that and give you a fine from your in game money, I think something like that would be awesome. 

So, as many people are, I'd love to see more police RP within the servers, however, where there are pros, there is also a fairly large con, this being the fact that there are multiple different spoken languages throughout the servers, from English to Chinese, so how would a "cop" communicate with the "suspect" if they didn't speak the same language? And baring in mind this is a trucking simulator, what stops users from fleeing from an officer, there isn't a way to arrest someone, and to be honest, the scout cars are highly unstable as is.

I'm also thinking about this thing, yeah it will add realism to the game, but our community doesn't focus on realism and role playing.

I know where you get this idea :D LOL.

it will not be effective, it will just add more traffic jams :D
and our admins cant be online all the time 

Add me on Steam             Follow Me on Twitter

J3uYEiE.png?1                     MLgPCGo.png?1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

As said above, the police cars are for admins, and admins only. No-one else would be possible to get a police car, other than admins.

Also, since there is no serverside economy, this wouldn't be added. And for the RP side of it: There has been an event recently called Real Operations Event. This event is all about Roleplay of the Team members, this might be something for you to drive.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.