ETS2 Telemetry Web Server Mobile Gauge (For All Phones)

ForeverAloneTrucker

• DevOps

Your goal is to implement that map into the mod so everyone can be seen on the map and not just those who have the dll right? Thats what i meant :)

I'm also guessing the map does not show the small side-roads :P

Edit: Shot my my data to my hosting provider and boom success :D Now everything is easy :) I'm too lazy to bother with steam (unless there is a quick cheat way of associating, googling that now)

My main question is what would be a acceptable update time frame for a sig? Everything else are addable features :) I also dont want to get in trouble with the host so min 60 seconds

The map is the entire est2 map, all roads, all areas. People who have the dll will have stats enabled on their truck on the ets2map.com site, meaning anyone can click on a truck and see the live stats of the truck updated every 1 second. Pre-Dashboard gauge view:

stats2.png

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The map is the entire est2 map, all roads, all areas. People who have the dll will have stats enabled on their truck on the ets2map.com site, meaning anyone can click on a truck and see the live stats of the truck updated every 1 second. Pre-Dashboard gauge view:

stats2.png

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Wut! This is great, we can even see the load, fuel and gear, I am impressed!

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

this is great just one thing i would love to be able to create another skin that doesn't have the tach or speedometer but have all of the other important things like the damage to the truck, the air in the brakes the tempeterature a map delivery info and chat. I would love to get my hands dirty but i have no idea where to start or how to do anything. Maybe if someone can push me in the right direction?

I'll look into it for you tomorrow :)

Was planning on heading out for the day but I think I'll stay in tomorrow mostly because weather here is a mess (warm than deep freeze) also get started on the signature function which I'll host but i think a limit of 1-5 min will be imposed

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

The server is updated to version 2.1.0:
https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server

2.1.0 changes:

- Moved to WebSockets for low-latency data updates
- Optimized UI animation (now it is SUPER SMOOTH, especially in Desktop and Mobile Safari browsers)
- Other fixes

It is highly recommended to update to this version.

I also created a FAQ, so if you are new here and have a question please read the FAQ first!

My friend have phone Samsung Galaxy Ace II GT-I8160 and here device don't scale picture..

How fix thix bug?(

This is a not a bug, it's just the built-in Android browser does not respect CSS/HTML/JS standards.

Your friend always has an option to install Chrome browser and open the dashboard there using "HTML5 App URL".

The only problem with this approach is that device will go to sleep mode after a couple of minutes, so you have to install a separate app to prevent that (or disable sleep mode in the device settings).

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it is not a limitation is the SCS SDK, but latest version of the https://github.com/nlhans/ets2-sdk-plugin(the plugin that translates telemetry from SDK to a memory mapped file) reports 0 for cruise control, even if it is enabled. My server is based on ets2-sdk-plugin, as it is.

This was a bug in my plug-in, where it read the CruiseControl value as a boolean, but it was a floating point number.

I've now fixed that and added a new field with the cruise control activate status, and cruise control speed.

The live code in the repository wasn't the full revision 3 for some time. I released revision 3 of the plugin yesterday.

stats2.png

When/if this gets incorporated I'll be switching to the api of this for mp assuming static ids are introduced as well, else I don't know who's who lol

I'll keep my current setup for the Sig for offline use if that becomes the case

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

The server is updated to version 2.2.0:
https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server

2.2.0 changes:

- Added Dashboard Skin Tutorial!
- Fixed support for Cruise Control indicator and added Cruise Control Speed
- Fixed deadline time bug
- Made speed value always positive (even when reversing)
- Significantly improved skin loading speed
- Added ability to skip certain setup steps to support 3rd-party firewalls
- Added ability to manually select ETS2 game path using standard UI when it is not detected automatically
- Added wear indicators to the default skin
- Added additional status message to check if server is connected to the telemetry plugin
- Added 5 new photo realistic skins made by Klauzzy (DAF-XF, MAN-TGX, Mercedes-Atego, Scania, Volvo-FH) Thank you!
- Added simple template skin
- Changed telemetry plugin DLL name from ets2-telemetry.dll to ets2-telemetry-server.dll (previous version is not compatible anymore)
- Various refactoring and improvements

I also added links to some video overviews and guides in different languages. You may check the list here. Thank you guys for your support!

From now on I'm not going to update this thread anymore.
So for new versions please check
page directly.

This is a not a bug, it's just the built-in Android browser does not respect CSS/HTML/JS standards.

Your friend always has an option to install Chrome browser and open the dashboard there using "HTML5 App URL".

The only problem with this approach is that device will go to sleep mode after a couple of minutes, so you have to install a separate app to prevent that (or disable sleep mode in the device settings).

no not true

if the application is coded with centered axis on vert and horis then it will show correctly, depends on the development if b4a then 50% (2x2) will set to center, same sort of code for xarmin, i use these tools everyday, just simple logic required no need for web browser, why use web browser on an android app, why not use in house code, uses less load on device and will also respond a hell of alot faster then likes of chrome

I'm surprised that an IT engineer like you posts such a comment without trying to understand the details.

The dashboard engine that I have made is based on the HTML, CSS, JS tech stack. These technologies were selected deliberately due to being a cross platform, easy in customization and development. For example, if somebody wants to create a custom skin he has to do that only once, and it will work in any browser and any device, as soon as they respect the web standards. Android is available only on Androids, but Web stack is available everywhere.

The android APK I provided is just a wrapper for the built-in Android browser. No Xamarin, no Java, nothing else (except tiny plugins for accessing device settings), just HTML/CSS/JS inside a web view. If it were a custom native application I would have to reimplement everything on my own and all existing HTML skins would become incompatible.

As for the dashboard canvas resize problem mentioned above, it IS a problem of the built-in browser web view. Different Android vendors provide users with different and sometimes crappy built-in web views based on who-knows-what version of the WebKit (not even Chromium). And I can't do anything about it. I have 3 Android devices: Galaxy Tab S (dashboard works perfectly), Amazon FireHD and Galaxy Note 1 (dashboard works, but animation is poor). But all these devices don't have any rotation problems. FF, Chrome, IE11, iOS 8 Mobile Safari don't either.

If you like to create a native Android app that will render telemetry data on the screen using native Android UI (or maybe even OpenGL) supporting all the features included in the default skin, I would be happy to include that app in the distribution (and many people would be happy too).

Cheers,

Funbit

Someone can help me ? 

I want to use my 15 inch laptop to run the SDK Telemntry with my pc whice has an i5 4440 R9 290 Show off haha :P 2 weeks old pc 

But my PC is connected via Ethernet and my laptop with Wifi.

There is no possibility to connect my laptop to ethernet or pc to wifi. 

how to use it than ?

And how to install skins ? 

Someone can help me ? 

I want to use my 15 inch laptop to run the SDK Telemntry with my pc whice has an i5 4440 R9 290 Show off haha :P 2 weeks old pc 

But my PC is connected via Ethernet and my laptop with Wifi.

There is no possibility to connect my laptop to ethernet or pc to wifi. 

how to use it than ?

And how to install skins ? 

Ethernet or WiFi does not matter. Both computers must be connected to the same modem.

for skins;

If you want to use one of the default skins 

- open Ets2Telemetry.exe

- click "HTML5 App url"

- click "Select a skin to start" on browser page

If you want to use third-party skins

read this faq https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server#skin-installation 

3149jyq.jpg

Ethernet or WiFi does not matter. Both computers must be connected to the same modem.

for skins;

If you want to use one of the default skins 

- open Ets2Telemetry.exe

- click "HTML5 App url"

- click "Select a skin to start" on browser page

If you want to use third-party skins

read this faq https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server#skin-installation 

My laptop is in the same network i checked it with ipconfig. it is in my ip range. also i cheched on my router the mac adresses and it shows my laptop is connected to my network but somehow it wont load the page 

@dutchnoskillz Page does it work properly on the main telemetry server pc? Your problem only connect with laptop? Is there a third-party firewall on the main computer?

yes there is, AVg and i know avg it helped me on school to block my proejct on Windows server 2008 to connect to a network :P discovered it to late whice gave me a fail for the test :P

so can avg cause this ? 

yes it is avg.

AVG on my pc blocks it. how to fix this ? for now my firewall is disabled but how to fix that my firewall can go on and the telementry keeps working ? 

Archived