ETS2 Telemetry Web Server Mobile Gauge (For All Phones)

ForeverAloneTrucker

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alroght, thank you. Did you let scs know? If not I will post it on theor forum later

No, I didn't, and I would appreciate if you post one. Currently, there are 3 telemetry SDK limitations I find annoying:

1) job information is not properly updated after job completion or after switching the profile (telemetry continues to report old information)

2) it seems not possible to determine whether the trailer is attached right now or not (i.e. when you attach/detach it using T key). Would be great if they can fix this issue.

3) currently, the gear reported by the telemetry sdk reflects the PHYSICAL gear, but it would be nice to have LOGICAL gear value which is what is shown on the in-game dashboard (the details of this limitation were explaned here http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=171000&start=10 )

Thanks.

PS. I don't have much time right now to continue server development, but it does not mean that the server is dead. I'm already working on the next version with simplified installation, skin support etc. Just stay tuned :)

One other thing that may need some looking at. The cruise control indicator doesn't seem to "turn" on

In the telemetry itself it also keeps reporting that cruiseControlOn:false

I could not make it work either.. Since I don't use cruise control inside game I though that I just do something wrong, but it seems that this is another telemetry SDK limitation for now. It always reports "false" no matter what.

@Crazyforiphone: I would appreciate if you include this as (4) item in the limitation list.

i had no trouble getting the api to work, just use the batch command to implement it if using steam

download the apk to you android / downloads folder.

enable unverified sources to install the application

ONLY enter the server IP address nothing else like 192.168.20.155

thats it.

make sure the telementary server is online befor you start the game then open it u on your android device or the web version then it should say waiting for game....

installed and ran 1st time.

the android app is a webbrowser with the device.sleep deactivated. nothing to special with the android apk. (im a microsoft software engineer / google & apple software engineer i know these things :D )

CruiseControl isn't a limitation of the SDK, it most definately works, I have another app called "ETS2 Truck Dashboard" and it works perfectly

/**
 * @brief Speed selected for the cruise control in m/s
 * Is zero if cruise control is disabled.
 * Type: float
 */
#define SCS_TELEMETRY_TRUCK_CHANNEL_cruise_control              "truck.cruise_control"

CruiseControl isn't a limitation of the SDK, it most definately works, I have another app called "ETS2 Truck Dashboard" and it works perfectly

/**
 * @brief Speed selected for the cruise control in m/s
 * Is zero if cruise control is disabled.
 * Type: float
 */
#define SCS_TELEMETRY_TRUCK_CHANNEL_cruise_control              "truck.cruise_control"

Maybe it is not a limitation is the SCS SDK, but latest version of the https://github.com/nlhans/ets2-sdk-plugin(the plugin that translates telemetry from SDK to a memory mapped file) reports 0 for cruise control, even if it is enabled. My server is based on ets2-sdk-plugin, as it is.

• 2 weeks later...

The server is updated to version 2.0.0:
https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server

2.0.0 changes:

- Completely rewritten client side application. All code is now written in Typescript.
- Full support for custom skins
- Automated server installer
- Telemetry broadcasting to external URLs (see Ets2Telemetry.exe.config)
- Updated default dashboard skin

- Tweaked refresh timings so skin should become more responsive (you may tweak it yourself as well, see "Html/config.json", comments included)

- Administrator rights are now required only for installation. Server starts under user privileges.

If you have 1.0.x version I strongly recommend to upgrade to 2.0.0.

Myself and Tux are working on a pretty neat system with the map and the tracking. :)

I'm now want an API from your map, just for make POST json request with X and Z coords for get the map with route based on provided coords :)

Looks good tavren, I'm currently doing my own plugin to do a similar thing but currently only saves data to a file (web server later) when the job is completed - currently distance covered, fuel used, load type, weight, origin and destination. Its part of my arduino dash project but might make it separate.

Sounds nice.

I'm want to cooperate with this projects.

Now i have TCP server what accept connection from client telemetry application, doing IPB based authorization and store players jobs and telemetry data for each job, in DB.

I choise TCP server because it's can handle more connection without open/close HTTP socets every second to send data to HTTP server. It's also more fast than put load to HTTP server (if 50 client send data it's 50connection to HTTP server, if 1500 or more this can cause trouble to maintain HTTP available and take many server resources, also it's concurent connection to DB).

So i'm open to make my telemetry server available for everyone, and make auth to other service. This can be official MP forum (based on IPB) or MyVTC or steam).

Also i can provide data API for your projects (now it's done and work for get user jobs and telemetry data for user job)

- Telemetry broadcasting to external URLs (see Ets2Telemetry.exe.config)

:D yay tho it seems someone got to it one day after me :P I'll try working on something on sunday (too late in the day today even tho it was my day off technically)

http://tracker.ets2map.com:8084/allstats/Current players sending stats to my api with the ets2map.dll

Before any real implementations (for me) i think i'll wait till it gets integrated :)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Your goal is to implement that map into the mod so everyone can be seen on the map and not just those who have the dll right? Thats what i meant :)

I'm also guessing the map does not show the small side-roads :P

Edit: Shot my my data to my hosting provider and boom success :D Now everything is easy :) I'm too lazy to bother with steam (unless there is a quick cheat way of associating, googling that now)

My main question is what would be a acceptable update time frame for a sig? Everything else are addable features :) I also dont want to get in trouble with the host so min 60 seconds

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Archived