ETS2 Telemetry Web Server Mobile Gauge (For All Phones)

ForeverAloneTrucker

I'm bored and playing around with my ios coding skills - which are not high at this moment :P - to create a native ios app.
I got some stuff working right now but i'm confused by understanding some elements from the json output...
Example 1: "gameTime":"0001-01-25T20:35:00+01:00" seems to be Monday 20:35, how do you know it's a monday?

In what measure unit do they express speed ect?

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Scarface0359 

this is my idea;

this date format ISO 8601. You can convert ISO date to readable date. (in gauge.js  data.gameTime = this.isoToReadableDate(data.gameTime))

and there was a note in the server project files;  since ETS2 does not support months,  we always use January 0001 year

You can convert iso to readable date you can find day name but your example result Thursday not Monday and I have no idea :/

3149jyq.jpg

HTC ONE V / shows nothing while in game

hEPe0RB.jpg

Lumia 735 / shows data only after refreshing, but its stuck 

ymm95E0.png

The default Android browser is technically EOL, new phones are all(afaik) shipped with Chrome instead.

@RichusLV same problem here.

I can find android default browser bug in index.htm

line 105

Window.gaugeInstance = new Funbit.Ets.Telemetry.Components.Gauge(endpointUrl, refreshDelay);

replace with

window.gaugeInstance = new Funbit.Ets.Telemetry.Components.Gauge(endpointUrl, refreshDelay);

only w letter brings problem on android default browser. Maybe solution for your Lumia 735 and HTC ONE V, try it pls.

edit: speedometers continues not working, but other information is working with this correction

edit: speedometers working after a few refresh but sometimes it gets stuck.

edit: for stuck speedometers, go with your truck and refresh page then scale page. If truck stop and refreshing page speedometers get stuck.

If you got a github account, you can make the change yourself in this file and submit as a pull request to Funbits:

https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server/blob/master/source/Funbit.Ets.Telemetry.Server/Apps/Ets2/index.htm#L105

Can you try with another browser on windows phone? And what is windows version on phone?

Unfortunatley, there are no other browser than Trident based ones on WP8/8.1

I'm bored and playing around with my ios coding skills - which are not high at this moment :P - to create a native ios app.

I got some stuff working right now but i'm confused by understanding some elements from the json output...

Example 1: "gameTime":"0001-01-25T20:35:00+01:00" seems to be Monday 20:35, how do you know it's a monday?

DOW is still kinda up in the air, ref: https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server/issues/6, I've tried to look into this but I'm not 100% certain how the telemetry api does it, I'm going to test a few things to establish how it's represented in-game(in memory), my working theory is that it's number of seconds since game start.

Speed is measured in KM/H in the api, I'll see if I can make a switch that will let you switch it to MPH(should be pretty simple since MPH=KMPH/1.6)

Would you mind putting it into an android app since you created it, don't wanna take it away from you.

The android application is now included in the server bundle. You may download it from the github.

I can find android default browser bug in index.htm

Fixed.

On Lumia nothing.

Officially, I don't support Windows Phone devices because I don't have one. The HTML5/JS code works in IE 11, Firefox, Chrome, Android 4+ or iOS Safari. If there is a problem with Windows Phone's IE then I need somebody to find a way to fix it and let me know how...

"gameTime":"0001-01-25T20:35:00+01:00" seems to be Monday 20:35, how do you know it's a monday?

I have chosen 0001 year because 1st January of 0001 is Monday, and game starts user's time from Monday. Not sure about leap years though...

BTW: The latest version (1.0.3) has fix for a bug related to the incorrect day of the week. Please make sure that you use latest version.

In meters/secs. Please read the updated instructions on the github page about JSON.

How to install the apk? New update?

Just copy APK file to your device. Run any file manager (usually you have something preinstalled), find the APK and click on it. The device will prompt you to install the application.

If it does not - make sure that you allowed application installation from "Unknown" sources in the device's Security settings.

The server is updated to version 1.0.3:

https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server

1.0.3 changes:

- Fixed bug with invalid day of the week

- Improved connection stability

- Completely decoupled gauge design and gauge update engine (coded in Typescript) so it is easier to create custom skins

- Added some scripts to simplify the installation for new users

- Updated Android application

PS. I'm going to be pretty busy next week so probably there won't be any major updates. But the current version is pretty stable and thoroughly tested on the following devices and browsers: iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy Note 1/2, Kindle Fire HD, Galaxy Tab S, Firefox 34, Chrome 39, IE 11.

Officially, I don't support Windows Phone devices because I don't have one. The HTML5/JS code works in IE 11, Firefox, Chrome, Android 4+ or iOS Safari. If there is a problem with Windows Phone's IE then I need somebody to find a way to fix it and let me know how...

I got a WP device and are working on debugging why it doesn't work.

Does 1.0.3 support MP ?

Yes, This was patched a few days ago ref my post (It failed due to different title for the MP version)

navigate to the "ETS2 App URL" displayed by the server. Android users: run "Ets2 Gauge" application, enter server IP (without http part) and press OK. If IP address is correct it will be 

Just saw it ye - It ays Could not connect to the server.

Is it running as admin? Can you post the IP that it shows? (don't worry, it's a private IP so shouldn't be any big issue)

I am using the android app and it will not connect the server url is 192.168.1.4:25555 and I am putting in 192.168.4.2 and it just tells me it can not connect.

The first thing you should try is to connect to the "HTML5 App URL" (which should be "http://192.168.1.4:25555/"for you) from your Android browser and see what will happen. If browser does not connect - then most probably you have Firewall issues. Have you read the tutorial and run Add-25555-Rule-Local.lnk ?

The first thing you should try is to connect to the "HTML5 App URL" (which should be "http://192.168.1.4:25555/"for you) from your Android browser and see what will happen. If browser does not connect - then most probably you have Firewall issues. Have you read the tutorial and run Add-25555-Rule-Local.lnk ?

the one thing i didnt read, to run that, thank you so much for the fast reply, and i am loving the app so far! By the way, trucks with modded gearboxes (18 gears for example) show gears wrong, i don't know if it is something on scs's side or on your side.

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

Sorry for double post but I found a bug. This was running 1.0.3 as I could not get 1.0.4 on my pc recently, but after co km pelting a job, the job details stayed on the screen and did not dissappear but they did change when I picked a new load up (minor bug)

Unfortunately it is not a bug, but telemetry SDK limitation. Hope developers will fix that.

Archived