Police & Public Car Update Info

3 hours ago, SgtBreadStick said:

I found out why cars have bad brakes, it's because of the torque and the car weight so the car is really fast but really light so the brakes aren't as effective, it's like you lose control easily, basically realism. And like @Attached stated some people can't exactly drive or to me it's like they can't handly the car and can't drive it properly.

Lighter cars should stop faster, so long as the brakes aren't complete crap. If you ask me, given how heavy the IRL car is, these things should stop as well as, if not better, than the trucks. My car isn't exactly all that light IRL but if you hit the brakes, you sure as hell know you did, unlike the Skoda in-game where you wonder if you'll stop in time.

6 hours ago, SgtBreadStick said:

I found out why cars have bad brakes, it's because of the torque and the car weight so the car is really fast but really light so the brakes aren't as effective, it's like you lose control easily, basically realism. 

That's where the brake intensity in your option menu is for, ofcourse.. Some people are just not familiar with that and/or don't want to do the effort for changing it everytime when switching between a truck or car.

3 hours ago, peoplecantdrive said:

Lighter cars should stop faster, so long as the brakes aren't complete crap. If you ask me, given how heavy the IRL car is, these things should stop as well as, if not better, than the trucks. My car isn't exactly all that light IRL but if you hit the brakes, you sure as hell know you did, unlike the Skoda in-game where you wonder if you'll stop in time.

Plus you would say that the Skoda Superb Sedan (2014) have ABS included in RL making the braking intensity even harder. Then again, trucks have air pressured disc brakes (being accurated with a compressor) so the weight difference doesn't matter regarding that. It's mostly more how the brake oil pressure is doing the job in cars (in RL ofcourse)..  Might be interesting to see how a Volvo truck is handling an air pressured brake system:

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2017 at 10:06 PM, Pomerov said:

That's where the brake intensity in your option menu is for, ofcourse.. Some people are just not familiar with that and/or don't want to do the effort for changing it everytime when switching between a truck or car.

Plus you would say that the Skoda Superb Sedan (2014) have ABS included in RL making the braking intensity even harder. Then again, trucks have air pressured disc brakes (being accurated with a compressor) so the weight difference doesn't matter regarding that. It's mostly more how the brake oil pressure is doing the job in cars (in RL ofcourse)..  Might be interesting to see how a Volvo truck is handling an air pressured brake system:

I wonder how much better the truck would do stopping if it had dual rear axles. I imagine not much since most of the work is being done by the front brakes, but now I'm curious. :P Either way, that is bloody impressive.

Regardless, the Skoda still has shittastic brakes in-game (glhf stopping in an emergency at even 60kmh), and I do genuinely think something needs to be changed. It's fine for SP, but once you hop into MP you really have to preventative brake.

Edited by flibberdipper

^^ You can change the brake intensity in the settings like explained in the quote. And if the developers decided to change things in the car, I'd suggest to change the weight and the torque first. With more car-ish values, like 1400-1500 Kg and 250-300 Nm. maybe the car handling would improve enough to not have to change the brakes. But I don't even know if it's possible to do those changes.

• 2 weeks later...

^ @tompa

You are allowed to use the Pilot Paintjob on your car and drive around with it but rules still apply. You're a regular car and has to drive like a regular car.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

2 hours ago, Max25 said:

It seems to me better if there no cars by Calais - Duisburg allowed to drive.
There are many truckers hit by them.
Useless traffic creates a lot of inconvenience.

but goed, is mijn mening.

good idea, cars should not be allowed to drive at popular roads, like between Clalis - Duisburg.

I don't think it'll make a difference if you ban them from using the C-D road, however it can reduce FPS lag. You'll always have trolls and bad drivers in cars, same thing for trucks. Blocking them from that road won't really solve the problem - they'll just troll somewhere else. 

Recently someone made a suggestion about this, you can share your arguments there:

UsDxWIH.png

This was attempted with EP and the road to EP a while ago and was a huge flop. It is just impossible to monitor and it got out of control too quickly.

So blocking cars from going down C-D road will never happen.

• Upvote 3

On 2-3-2017 at 7:25 PM, Max25 said:

It seems to me better if there no cars by Calais - Duisburg allowed to drive.
There are many truckers hit by them.
Useless traffic creates a lot of inconvenience.

It's not really the cars that are causing that, it are the one driving the cars.. Shouldn't make a difference between a truck or car, as people expect you as job driver (trucker) to apply to any traffic situation, even if it's only ingame. The trolls should be punished, not the purpose of a car.. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/03/2017 at 7:28 PM, PhoenixRage said:

So if a player is driving a police car and i was over speed will i take a ticket? 

It would be cool if that is the way

No. There are no such thing as tickets. You might see an administrator driving around with a police car but that's about as much that will happen. There is no special command that gives you a ticket for speeding or any other offence. If you have police turned on in your base game options, you will get a ticket automatically if you commit offences such as speeding or running a red light. The police is invisible though.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, gwait said:

No. There are no such thing as tickets. You might see an administrator driving around with a police car but that's about as much that will happen. There is no special command that gives you a ticket for speeding or any other offence. If you have police turned on in your base game options, you will get a ticket automatically if you commit offences such as speeding or running a red light. The police is invisible though.

well said

9078daf64360210f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Michal209 said:

Hi Why do'm writes the police officer? do not get too /: (skoda)

You do not get to drive the police car because you are not a police officer/admin. To become an admin please click below.