Police & Public Car Update Info

Look - it was inevitable that trolls would return when the cars arrive. Same thing happened when EU2 first had no limit. It'll die down, people will get bored and people will get banned.

If you see someone trolling or driving dangerously, report them and crack on. Chances are, they will continue to do that and will be seen once you've reported them - then will be kicked. If they continue... banned.

It's all well and good moaning about it, but spare a thought for people who enjoy the aspect of the car in the game and don't troll. Just because you see people trolling, doesn't mean everyone is and things need to change. It just means they need to bugger off! :)

Besides - it's a simulation game. And how you decide to play is up to you. Likewise, it's up to me how I play. If I want to drive the car to somewhere then switch to get a job I should be able to. There's already some rules in place, banning me from EP which is fine. And on that - No one in a car likes being stuck behind a truck. If a truck is doing 140kph I should be able to overtake, safely and where safe to do so.

Admins are doing their best to remove the ******. Give them a break and help them instead of moaning about it. Once the ****** are gone, it'll all be grand.

You have ****** in every game. This is no different.

Edited by immortal766
Removed Swearing word
  • Upvote 2

^That I do disagree with.

Admins need to show more of a presence to help the fight against trolls and if this mean pretending to be police then so be it.

Edited by immortal766
Use ^ instead of quoting whole text

signature.png

6 hours ago, CofeeTV said:

I had yesterday the same thing except that before entering the path towards EP at which stood the police , was an accident and I could not turn to the city because the road was blocked and I knew about the ban to the EP but I had no way out , after all , not a state in the middle of the road and so on that I got a perm ban for nothing .

If anyone gets stuck they can press F7 then Enter and voila - no longer stuck.

@NRGgamer97

If you've chosen anything police related such as their light bar, or even the blue LEDs then you will be kicked.

All we can use aside from plain/metallic paints is orange pilot light bar and pilot skin no additional lights.

• Upvote 1

signature.png

34 minutes ago, Luxray said:

Let's be realistic here, noone gets a kick unless they're AFK. It's a 2 hour ban at minimum.

I disagree. A kick is enough for someone to think twice. If they think and continue, then a ban.

Likewise, if the wrong person is kicked - it's not too bad. But if the wrong person is banned, that's their game ruined for 2 hours while they get a ban appeal sorted. Which has happened in a past where the wrong person was banned.

Kick first. Followed by 2 hour ban. Followed by a day ban. etc... In my opinion. Obviously, it's the admins discretion on how to deal with each individual.

Likewise while I'm on this - there really needs to be a way for you to dispute a kick/ban in game with the person that did it. If I get kicked/banned I should be able to respond to it. If it's a mistake, I can tell them and they can re-think. I shouldn't have go give evidence that I did nothing wrong later on, on the website that will be looked at later on in life when the issue has already been and gone.

And if that's used to give abuse to the admin - ban doubled :P. Admins do good work. But are human too and mistakes can happen. But be nice to actually have a way to avoid these mistakes hurting the gameplay longterm.

1 hour ago, Jojo_Trucker said:

Why are there Police Packages if you're not allowed to use them? and the blue lights either

Probably wasn't possible for admin to hide them but the rules state that using any of the Police stuff will have you kicked.

57 minutes ago, NRGgamer97 said:

@SingingTurnip
I painted at white, on eu1, and i had kicked

How bizarre, it it happens again I would put a post up in the support area.

signature.png

I have a suggestion for this thing about admins having to stand there at EP and banning every player that drives a car on EP road. I'm pretty sure at least 500 players were banned yesterday whether it be their fault for not reading the admin messages or not. Instead of this system, you could just have a prompt message be setup when players login to the MP and forcing them to read it and accept. Of course the message it should be in the following languages such as: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, Italian, Lithuanian, Turkish, Russian, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, (sorry if I missed any out but these are the languages I see most commonly spoken in the game) The prompt message could simply say (English): WARNING! Driving cars into the Europoort area is strictly forbidden and will result in sanctions. 

Thanks

^ That's not an easy solution sadly. And people ignore it.

Admins do write in chat quite regularly for people not to go there. The only people that do are the ones choosing to ignore or not noticing that their GPS is taking them that way as they aren't reading the road signs.

I tried the police car offline, and I must say it good but the Horn needs to be improved. a siren would be better that the standard horn.is that possible,

the pilot car,also needs a few changes, the rear looks like a standard car. when I sure the car would have a board or lights at the rear too or orange flags

666_500_csupload_56262951.jpg

9 hours ago, CofeeTV said:

I had yesterday the same thing except that before entering the path towards EP at which stood the police , was an accident and I could not turn to the city because the road was blocked and I knew about the ban to the EP but I had no way out , after all , not a state in the middle of the road and so on that I got a perm ban for nothing .

that's messed up you would of thought the admins would of seen the crash and just warned you to turn round or pull up on the side till every thing was sorted I dunno not started playing ETS yet