Police & Public Car Update Info

It's been more than that lol... But seeing as the version last built was designed in 1991 that's darn good lol

Cops here have gone with the explorer which imo looks more like a clown car or something someone would smuggle illegal immigrants in... But up here we generally don't touch GM or dodge unless raw power is needed for cheap (their trucks).

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a nice car but I can't take cops seriously in them :P it just didn't scream "I'm the law"...

And this is what Ford tried to push on is because the eu version is popular...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2012-ford-police-interceptor-car-news

I remember reading that on its release lol...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

33 minutes ago, Darth Wazawai said:

They have to have cop counterparts... I think Ford's are still the preferred car for most county's but the crown Vic is fairly reeasy to make as plenty of sources lol been around for decades you know and for a reason :P

It does have a police counterpart. You do realize that many stations are moving to the Charger, right? 

ChargerPolice.jpg

• Upvote 1

knepgi-5.png

Just now, LeafeonGold said:

^The Charger hauls when you put your foot down, but I see alot of departments using the Taurus interceptor, with the Turbocharged All-Wheel-Drive setup.

The SHO would be a nice addition, other than the fact that it looks like an old man's car...

knepgi-5.png

22 hours ago, sedunn00 said:

I understand that but having a few extras on the police force to do patrols or something... just a thought that's all

I have actually been speaking about this to mate earlier I think it would be awesome if they done that (with extra feature like handing out fines lol)

On 5/2/2016 at 10:28 PM, Kiwidoug said:

Well , what do we have now , a truck simulator , or a car racing simulator . Cars could be a nice addon if used the right way . Yesterday after downloading the update , I came across three reds cars parked on a corner , when I passed them they blasted the horns at me , I never tooted back , one chase me and over took and pulled in front of me and stop ,I was unable to stop in time and ramed it. A chat message pop up and said , " that's an insult " . Another guy passed me on the right ,( I was in the right lane ) cut across in front of me and crashed into the concrete wall and bounce back and crash into me giving me $6000 damage . Saw guys with trailers on there cars traveling at high speeds trailers bouncing all over the road . Pilot cars are great idea , but need to be out front a little bit further then they are . Would be great to have pilot car in front on those really narrow one lane roads , makes in more realistic  . Don`t get me wrong , cars are going to be great if used the way they should .

I agree with you the I have seen no end of people driving the wrong way on the motor way with cars and the only usfull thing I have found to do with the cars was find a nice quite road and see how many times I could roll my car and that got boreing rather quickly. I think I would like the idea of having cars in the game if they gave it a purpose like I don't know parcel delivery (it is a logistics game after all) and with the ****** that drive stupidly in them I had my trailer and truck wrote off by a couple but they went before I could even get the details of them (hence why I picked a quite time and an extreamly quite place to see what the car can do).

the cars need a purpose really all I have seen them do so far is cause havoc and been all together unpractical.

Edited by immortal766
Removed Swearing word
  • Upvote 1

Hi @Shift69Cz aka BinaryBloom085 :

You need to be an in-game admin in order to drive a police car.

Please see here for detailed information:

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

this wont end well 

a2b.png   speed.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbQ2IbkACMIbXZA_1Bw3HYA                                                                                                                        

the car is awesome, the sounds are awesome although they sound like an astra diesel and the petrol sounds like a corsa with halfords air filter lol oh and the UK interior could do with a mph speedometer if that's possible :) other than that, its a great edition to the mp. very well done admins and dev team

I'm all about realism in simulation games.  So what I'm going to say next is a contradiction.  However, what I witnessed on US ATS MP Server last night made me think of the following solution.  

First, I'm fairly neutral on the idea of cars being a part of multiplayer.  Meaning, I didn't know they were coming and I wouldn't be disappointed if they went away.  But a solution (again going contradict my feeling about sim games) is these cars should be throttled down to only operate at posted speed limit.  Again I realize this is not how it works in the real world....but here's my theory on this.  If these pilot cars could only drive as fast as the posted speed limit, then the appeal of owning them/driving them would be reduced.  In other words, all the trolls who were driving around causing issues on the US ATS MP server last night may have just decided to go play GTA.

This speed limit solution would actually be perfect for the intended use of these cars at pilot cars.  Of course, the admins in their police cars can go as fast as needed.  

I don't expect my idea to be taken seriously.  After all, what did TruckersMP expect to happen with this introduction of fast cars in an already chaotic landscape.  I'm sure it will just go into that black hole all my reports go into.

Finally, I'll just say that I'm not discouraged by MP.  As a matter of fact, I spend more time on MP than in SP because I believe if we (those who take this seriously) will ban together, we will chase the trolls away.  Well...at least I'm hopeful this will happen.  

• Upvote 2

Jerry

Looking for a mature virtual trucking company?  

Check out Grizzly Bear Trucking

We have TeamSpeak, Forums, Maturity and More!

http://grizzlybeartrucking.com