[ARCHIVED] Basic Driving Skills (Tips too!)

Hello Everyone! Thought I would put together a "Tips and Tricks" of how to drive safely and efficiently.

First of, make sure to read the MP rules http://truckersmp.com/en_US/rules

Once you have read that you know the basics! Now here are some tips to make your driving easier for both you, and others.

#1 ALWAYS signal. Not required but it's something you should always to let others know what you are doing. Note: Don't signal last minute. Turn your blinkers on about 2 Truck lengths away from the intersection or wait a few seconds before merging.

#2. Don't be in busy areas (Oxnard, Rotterdam, Europort) if you don't have a trailer or don't have a reason to be there. (if you do this, you may get kicked or even banned!)

#3 Brush up on your overtaking skills:

(Author: VavelOnline)

This is a very simple how-to guide on how to overtake (and be overtaken) properly. The first thing you should be aware of is DESYNC. Basically, what you see on your screen is not always what the other players are seeing. This might cause (unintentional) ramming in many situations. To counter that effect, here's some practical information that you should always follow.

When overtaking

• Start your overtaking maneuver when you are at least 60m from the truck in front of you (you can always check the distances using the TAB key).

• Stay in line

• When you checked that the other driver is 100m behind you, you can start merging back.

• Alternatively, if you see the other driver turn its lights on, or hear him honk 2 short times, it means that you can merge back safely from his point of view, even if you're not 100m ahead. In that case, it's nice to thank him using the left-right-left-right blinker signal. Note that high beams would normally be used IRL, but cannot be seen for now in the MP game.

When being overtaken

• Stay in line

• If you're riding at 90 km/h, it is nice to slow down a little so the other driver has a chance to overtake you.

When there's enough distance between you and the overtaker (60m should be enough), turn your lights on (or honk 2 short times if it's night time and your lights are already turned on) to signal that he can merge back safely.

#4 Use your hazards when ever there is an accident up ahead or someone stopped in the middle of the road. This lets the drivers behind you (if any) that there is a dangerous situation and you may be braking hard.( It also gives them a warning to be more cautious)

#5  Be careful of drivers who are drifting out of their lane, randomly swerving or braking. They may be distracted and cause an accident if proper care is not used.

#6 HAVE FUN TRUCKIN'!

Thank you for reading this and I hope it helps!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey!

I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave You are good man.

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 3 weeks later...