Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Remove ncz at marinas

Noraf

Suggestion Name: Remove the ncz @ marinas.
Suggestion Description: Remove the no collisions zones at the marinas in scandinavia. There aren't all that mutch traffic there, and it would make the game better, if we have to wait ( as it is/was @ roadworks in ats ) if there's allready someone there delivering. 

Why should it be added?
Makes it a bit more realistic. And might teach a bit of patience ;)
  • Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I would vote for a lot of the ncz be removed. Delivering to a place waiting your turn is better then watching someone drive through 3 trucks 2 parked trailers to back up his load. I would enjoy but I know many others wouldnt. Take it off for lower populated areas and keep it on for high population areas.

• Upvote 2

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

@jukeboxknox

At least the marinas are only delivery zones, but still:

32 minutes ago, Noraf said:

There aren't all that mutch traffic there, and it would make the game better if we have to wait..... if there's already someone there delivering. 

Yeh but... I doubt that it'll be worth it because even the tolls without auto-pass are used more often than the marinas

There are total of 3-ish marinas and there are hardly any loads to them and everytime you deliver to them, you have to drive like 50km to the nearest company or rescue - they're just highly unpopular

• Upvote 1

^ I didnt realize it would be like that. It woudl be nice to have less NCZ but I understand now that it may not be possible. Oh well, just keep the gas stations a CZ I know some players are asking for them to be NCZ but that will really take away from it.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

Back to topic: -1 from me.

Last year: shortly after the Scandinavia DLC first released, The NCZ failed at Frederikshavn, turning that area into a troll magnet.

• Upvote 1

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

People aren't patient and by the looks of it never will be. It would just encourage trolls to push you about while you still load in. Worst still, you could travel to find someone is still sitting at the port and then, vertical transportation :P 

The only way I can see this happening is to have another server designed for this, but I can't see that happening.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

Some of those zones are spawn zones from other ferries. People spawning inside each other isn't good.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

@Darth Wazawai Allrighty then - You keep rejecting/failing to learn why non-collisions in the companies are needed, soo maybe:

1 hour ago, Darth Wazawai said:

don't want to learn they get banned

Also the only difference in MP between game jobs and WOT contracts is only that your truck gets auto-attached to the trailer. Not to mention that banning everyone who starts a job is not even a solution, So:

65930737.jpg

Um actually look up my original keep Scandinavia ncz free topic ;) it's easy as drive look claim you can quickly look using dev cam (much like calling the yard master to see if it's clear) if not clear pull over and wait...

Easy, but I'm starting to think simple logic like that is too complex for everyone... That's what I did in Scandinavia look then claim and we didn't even have those little dots on the map either remember?

Besides a good number of rest zones are cz in ats... Putting Scandinavia back to cz for the most part might bring me back to ets2 while waiting for content on ats ;)

Edited by Darth Wazawai

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

-1, although the traffic is light, it would become troll magnets for anyone who happens to have a run to one of these areas. Removing or changing NCZ isn't the way to go, too many variables can get screwed up, I mean, if you remove NCZs at all drop-offs, youll get queues a mile long in all directions, great for realism, but great for trolls and hackers too, big queues= troll heaven, also, you would have trailers fling across the map because when people "spawn" their trailer to pickup, if you have a trailer in the same spot, it will go flying across the map, so no, although marinas are very rarely used, they are still used at times, if you get more than a couple of people with drop-offs there, it creates havoc.

@Darth Wazawai the thing is, to you it may seem simple, remove NCZs, make people wait, problems solved. The thing is, for the good drivers like you and me that's fine, but for the impatient ones who steamroll into drop-offs, they have a hard time, which causes us the good guys issues because of the higher chance of being rammed, flipped and trolled, you just think, you have a large group of people dropping off in a spot or spawning at a location with one entrance and exit, a troll comes along, parks in front of that entrance/exit, now no one can enter or exit until IGAs are able to do something or the person gets kicked for AFK, at least with NCZ one person can sacrifice themselves to flick the troll out of the way with the power of Collisions and physics.exe explosions.

Also, not many people either know how to activate free cam, or don't want to use it because it breaks their immersion of driving, Rest zones in ATS are hardly ever used, ,most people (that ive spoken to anyway) prefer to go to services, garages or any other NCZ to park up or log out because they can guarantee that they aren't going to be glitched out if and when they spawn back in because someone else had the same idea.

^ um driving together or stupidly agreeing to spawn out side of obvious ncz zones together? Either way sill can happen now...

@megadethsteve666 might I remind you this is Scandinavia only :P while yes it has trolls but numbers are fairly low (unless it's been on sale at 80% off or something that I don't know about...)

Also you don't really need the dev cam, we have those dots now :) simply wait for your depot to be empty or choose another one if you don't want to bother with the cam.

For ats spawning has never been a issue really... Even I was close to a user who spawned within 20 meters of me parked, full trailer and everything. That was during peak times with nearly 1600 users ;) Scandinavia is about the size of ats with about double the users maybe 3x most but that being said I've got my doubts much would go wrong after a week of chaos and reports... Hell I'd be on there assisting with reports. We've got dots and dev cams now... No excuses for bad behavior in cz areas.

The only issue that could arise is if someone idles in the depot... Special thanks to the construction sites in ats We know the trailers may be gone visually but not physically due to it still being able to be seen on the unloaders screen <_< that's the only issue, a dev issue everything else is a player issue a banable issue...

My Only words to the devs is when will you stop catering to the players who can't bother play this game as a real life trucker?

SUS0M9O.gif

^firstly, yeah youre talking about Scandinavia, but you think, if you get just one troll, say in Stokholm who decides to wait till a few people enter the dropoff, then he parks across the exit, now, with Collisions on, no one can shift him or do anything, with an NCZ people can get the troll out of the way much easier, also, if you turn Scandinavia into a CZ only, you think, people then will harp on and on and on about wanting other parts of the map made into a CZ, plus, you still ge thte trailer spawn issue, even in Scandinavia, so it just would create more problems than worth.

Yeah decent drivers will wait there turn, but you get one impatient bugger who decides hes not for waiting, then you find yourself in the situation of people being thrown around, getting damaged and generally annoyed because collisions are on, for me, I find NCZ a safe zone, when a troll tries to ram me in a city I dart into the nearest NCZ to get out of their way, no NCZs= more people annoyed and complaining about how that part of the map is unplayable online because of trolls and general glitching and stupidity.

for me, ive had people spawn inside my trailer while ive been stopped in a Truck stop in ATS before now and hav ehad to alt f4 to fix the issue because ts glitched me under the ground enough that the truck isn't stationary enough for it to allow me into the main menu system to reset everything.

The thing is, the number of times ive had guys AFK in drop-offs where you are dropping off or when people are having issues parking up, they don't care if you are waiting or trying to park, CZs in dropoff zones no matter what game or where it is, is just a bad idea period, too many glitches, issues and ways for people to be trolled and to troll, most of us want to lessen the work load on Admins, not increase it, NCZs SHOULD stay where they are definitely needed, no matter whether the game has 5 players online or 5000 online, it makes life easier and it makes the work load for admins to have to clear up a lot less than if everywhere was a CZ, you imagine how many times admins would be called to remove someone who is AFK in a dropzone because collisions are enabled, or that some impatient bugger decides to spawn their trailer inside of yours and sends you flying? just no IMHO.

Just answer me this one, how are devs "catering" to those who cant be bothered to play the game as a real trucker? (I will say that is the most silly thing ive heard all week so far) ATS and ETS2 are supposed to be relaxing and fun games, to be played however the player wishes to, that's why MP revolves around most Real world rules of the road, butr it doesn't stop you from driving how you want, some people don't like to drive like a RL trucker, they shouldn't be forced to in a game anyway, after all its a game, not a way of living like real trucking is.

Ok to prevent rehashing... Everything that could be said here has already been said here:

I think there was another topic that was based off of mine but i cant find it... Or at least in the reject section :P

53 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Just answer me this one, how are devs "catering" to those who cant be bothered to play the game as a real trucker? (I will say that is the most silly thing ive heard all week so far) ATS and ETS2 are supposed to be relaxing and fun games, to be played however the player wishes to, that's why MP revolves around most Real world rules of the road, butr it doesn't stop you from driving how you want, some people don't like to drive like a RL trucker, they shouldn't be forced to in a game anyway, after all its a game, not a way of living like real trucking is.

Easy, you say the game is supposed to be relaxing, tell me one thing (cant spell on a keyboard today wtf...)

Would having a CZ Scandinavia with those obeying the rules be far more fun than how it is now? Yes, it would. Sure it be chaotic at first, but how chaotic? The price dropped 50% 3 times not 90... That's still a nice penny to waste for trolling...

Also if you want to play however you want and it breaks MP rules why play MP? MP rules are to make the game as realistic with others as possible. Sure we can go 150 kph down a straightaway but if you hit someone cause a accident you get punished here no differently than in real life (less sever however, but theory is the same). This is Scandinavia want NCZ's go south, that easy. I can almost guarantee if @mwl4 made the ports garages and depots NCZ but left everything else CZ the complaints wouldnt of been so bad. Sure we would of had some noob trowing trailers everywhere but let them waste $20 on a 6 month ban for bug abuse, why should you care what happens to them?

Trolls in game:

Oh hi @Aragon0450

Trolls in real life:

Tell me what did both get in the end? I'd love to see CZ return, I'm sure you would. If you dont feel like dealing with the BS that comes with it for the first week or 2 just simply avoid Scandinavia. But i would love to site in the local NCZ and report all those impatient noods... I'm a camper after all...

My fav gun for CSS:

sg550.png

My fav weapon for trolls on MP
OBSLogoNew80.png

I usually win at days end with both.

SUS0M9O.gif

@Darth Wazawai

Personally I would rather have NCZs than CZ in Scandinavia, firstly you have a lot more game breaking issues with collisions, secondly, it will make the whole of the north a trolls heaven meaning you cant drive, which then takes away the reason for having MP and Scandinavia DLC, thirdly, the most busy places in Scandinavia are ports and cities in the south and west, no NCZ= more glitching and annoyances.

Yeah you can say that having CZs would make it more realistic for the normal drivers, but the issue we have then is that trolls can have even more fun, Admins are even more inno-dated with reports from Scandinavia, people wont go up that way anymore and the whole northern DLC becomes a ghost town because no one wants to deal with having Collisions everywhere.

For me as a long time trucker ingame, having collisions where they are needed is far more enjoyable and fun than pulling my hair out because every 2 minutes I have to F7 enter because some noob rams me and does 15-20% damage to my truck and trailer, talk about stressful and stupid.

it's a -1 for me, @Noraf said that the NCZ can be removed due to it's less populated in Scandinavia, but i dont agree, ports in Scandinavia can sometimes be very busy due to events or convoys.Also, if the NCZ there is removed, there will be more crashes and trolls because people don't know about it.Trucks may also glitched due to the pile-up at the spawn point of the port.

As not all of the people can be very patient, this will just let impatient people becomes more impatient due to the traffic jam or accidents, and it's just a simulator, so not everything must be the same as in real life.

So, tell me how many trolls are willing to pay $13 as a bare min to cause havoc when they could get 4 copies of the same game to cause havoc in?

I don't see a problem... Yes Scandinavia has trolls but 75% map ets2mp paranoia has gotten the better of most players.

If I was a troll bent on trolling I'd go out buy as many version of ets2 as possible not go out buy ets2 and Scandinavia just to troll Scandinavia.

Seriously I've never seen these "issues" at gas stations or construction road sites except a handful of incidents. Which just shows once people learn they will do, if/when Scandinavia goes down to 90% off then worry about trolls till then the impatient should stay I the south etc.

People don't like change, you see ncz as a safe zone, but too many safe zones makes you look paranoid... A good example is the speed limit, you remember that huge b.s. Fight? 6 months ago everyone was on eu1 today when I'm on everyone is on the no speed limit (ats is bugged so... Understandable) 

Change it give it time people will adjust... Saying no and not trying because of a goof up the resulting in complaints because ports garages and repair shops where cz is a deplorable reason. It's like a business person who did something right but at the wrong time and learning so afterwards saying they'll never do it again even if it means a huge success...

It's a ten+ dollar dlc (normal twenty), there won't be many trolls, those that get banned will whine but if devs put in big bold letters right above the download button, no excuses.

Furthermore doesn't annoy you when someone parks in the drop off spot completely blocking your view? Admins normal won't ban for that because they are in a ncz... Nothing is stopping a bunch of players abusing that blocking a whole bunch of delivery spots that destroys any hope of doing a delivery w/o cam 2 and even then it might be impossible. With cz every single one of those picks would get banned for blocking.

Ncz is not a troll free haven as you might think it is.

I'd never ask for the whole map to be this way as that be hell esp at Rotterdam... Back with the cz issue I had no problems getting in or out of Scandinavia... I pushed a truck to hell but that's their fault for idling there, even with ncz you still can be glitched down to hell, I've had it in both mps. Ats was a partial way...

SUS0M9O.gif

@subtlegta i'm not talking about ports, but marinas, witch are drop off only.

It worked pretty good, in my oppinnion,  in ats, for the road works sites.

Theway the game (and mod) works, makes it about impossible to have no ncz at all. We do need to have them at companies  (pick ups), ferries  and trains, garages, service/repair shops, and dealers.

Gas stations, and drop off only doesn't need ncz.

@Darth Wazawai

So youre telling me youd rather play a multiplayer where part of the map is just queues and the other half is fun and enjoyable online? that's your opinion, that's fair enough. but think, why were NCZs put in Scandinavia and have been left there in the first place?

Trolls will do ANYTHING they can to get the reaction they are after, its like sharks, if you offer them blood, they will all come to that area, if you offer trolls an area of the map where people queue up all the time to dropoff/pickup and that you can troll the hell out of them, then all the trolls will come running to that area, reguardless of how many versions of the game they have, hell, you never know what trolls do. All im saying is that people will get used to it over time, but a lot will just stay clear of that area because they don't want to risk being screwed by a troll or a noob who cant drive for their life, then youll find that the rest of the map is super populated, whereas Scandinavia will have about 4 people driving in it.

IMHO, if you take away only the rarely used Dropoff NCZs such as the marinas in Scandinavia, theres no harm, you remove all the NCZs including spawn locations? breaks the fun, causes agrivation because if you have more than 2 people spawning in at a point such as a ferry port, people get glitched out and screwed over, all because a few people feel its unnecessary to have NCZs in that part of the map.

To be a spin on things, personally you could remove 90% of NCZs in the Going east expansion because most of those cities are empty anyway, a damn sight emptier than Scandinavia is anyway.

the biggest thing you have to remember is that people don't want to have to keep fighting their way around the place, just to get from point A to point B, NCZs cause less glitching and heart ache than having the whole of the DLC area a Collision Zone, just because numbers are "low". its like saying, okay, the whole of the ATS map (which is the same size give or take as Scandinavia) will be a CZ area, because theres a low number online, then, when numbers rise, you have glitching, annoyed drivers and more people refusing to play the mod because its "a mess of glitches and bugs and is unplayable".

Im well aware of NCZs not being "troll free areas" ive been a part of the MP scene for quite some time you know, ive seen my fair share of trolls at NCZ and outside of them, but at least within NCZs you don't have the worry that when you log in, youre not going to be glitched out and have to go through the whole BS of moving yourself to get free, of have a troll inside the exit gate blocking people enterig and exiting with no way to get out unless you F7 Enter out of the way.

Personally, NCZs should stay on the map, especially in Scandiavia, Marinas are like Costruction sites in ATS, very few people congregate in that drop off because of their positions so you can just drop off and leave, so no need for NCZs, but when you have any area where people can congregate, NCZs should stay, so marinas yes to remove NCZs, the rest of Scandinavia, hell no to removal IMHO done and dusted.

^ I liked the construction sites in ats :)

I just wish for the marinas (well, in this suggestion anyway) to have the ncz removed.

The rest is for another tread ;)

^I agree, marinas are the same as Construction sites in ATS where not many people have drop offs there and its such a small space anyway that its easy to be "glitched" because of the awkward angles etc etc, although, I do get annoyed with people in ATSMP around the Construction zones, particular the one outside san Raf. because you have to come from a east bound direction to have any chance of making a decent attempt, I personally spin around at the Services if im going west bound, but people just run you over if you try and do so, yet get impatient if you come into it from the West bound side anyway, so infuriating.

But yeah, Marinas should be CZ, but that's it.

• Upvote 1

I, like many others including in ats enjoyed waiting in line not because we had too (in ats they could of reported the users for blocking), but because it was like we where actually trucking...

Scandinavia is low enough in population the over dramatization of trolls you've posted makes literally no sense... The trolls that are in Scandinavia will likely stay where they are (on the roads), because they are likely simply just bad drivers nothing else.

You've also missed my post about the ncz trolls blocking your view. You and I would have much issue but what about this guy? Would he rather have a ncz full of trolls blocking his view destroying his game even more or report and wait and have a nice chat instead?

With ncz you're permitting someone to just cut in and destroy his game more even w/o trolls.

You are right however, trolls will do anything to get a response. But currently next to rules what's stopping them from sitting in a ncz and block the entrance? To prevent that you'll need to make the whole map ncz... End of story trolls win. 

Ncz's are not helpful for parking either as stated by me... Trying to reverse threw another truck is a pain in the butt. Now imagine even 2 trucks deliberately blocking your view. It's kickable in high populated areas but admins won't do much in low pop areas.

Also... Wtf bro

"if you offer trolls an area of the map where people queue up all the time to dropoff/pickup and that you can troll the hell out of them, then all the trolls will come running to that area"

Then

"Marinas are like Costruction sites in ATS, very few people congregate in that drop off because of their positions so you can just drop off and leave"

Talk about self conflict... Also you're forgetting We are talking about Scandinavia... What's the report ratio? 5% prob less of total daily reports? Yea, we have tons to worry about... When I'm not idling in Ep I'm driving Scandinavia...

I've got my doubts about your 4 player estimate, else there be more rage quitters than in my video of the cz time... Seriously there's more players on dead servers than that number right now I bet so I'm sure not much would really happen... Maybe players like you will never return, but is that really a bad thing? If you get a trailer spawned onto yours by a Canadian you'd likely blame cz and the ping... Instead of improper spawning of a trailer ban.

Actually cz even one depot in going east is a bad idea because it gets humble bundled for like 6 bucks with the main game... Scandinavia is likely to stay ten bucks (low) for another year. If cz comes in before the dip below ten trolls won't likely touch it. Esp if admins hit hard, hit often, and do so swiftly.

This paragraph is a joke right?
"the biggest thing you have to remember is that people don't want to have to keep fighting their way around the place, just to get from point A to point B, NCZs cause less glitching and heart ache than having the whole of the DLC area a Collision Zone, just because numbers are "low". its like saying, okay, the whole of the ATS map (which is the same size give or take as Scandinavia) will be a CZ area, because theres a low number online, then, when numbers rise, you have glitching, annoyed drivers and more people refusing to play the mod because its "a mess of glitches and bugs and is unplayable"."

First off if they didn't want to fight their way around they shouldn't be playing multiplayer...

Ncz causes less glitching? If you're referring to WoT contracts and trailer spawning that's the responsibility of the driver not the devs... If you're taking about spawning into someone in ports etc I've never once wanted those cz... If you actually read my posts you'd know that.
If neither and some weird ping logic don't bother but actually do explain how cz's cause glitches... If your case is valid enough they'll make all servers ncz everywhere...

Oh look you read my post.. Well anyways...

Look here ncz's are not perfect and never will be... I drove in not f7...

3Z3HutL.jpg

During the 4500 server I fell when I f7 in as seen in my 4k server video. Ncz are great for repair shops no doubt but they will bug out, as shown in ats you only need 2/3 trucks plus yours...

Ncz's are trolls them selves cz is unmodified ncz are injected just like you me and everyone else, we all glitch at times. To fix the glitch you have to remove the issue. Easiest way would actually be shutting down the servers lol...

My final stand is all delivery points in Scandinavia cz or not at all. Because as you said yourself one depot will become troll haven, by making them all cz this will less likely happen.

Therefore this will be rejected like all ncz/cz topics before it.

Reason:

Most mp players can't bother to play the game properly.

Edit: oh I suggested atsmp to be cz delivery points only and even tho it got rejected...

We STILL WAIT PATIENTLY

X5GLfRT.jpg

well most of us :P

Edited by Darth Wazawai
  • Upvote 1

SUS0M9O.gif