Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[ARCHIVED] How to survive busy areas

to be honest, i just put it is up thinking no one would really read it but thanks everyone :) and i'll update it every time i think of something new

• Upvote 2

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

to be honest, i just put it is up thinking no one would really read it but thanks everyone :) and i'll update it every time i think of something new

Thats why its pinned ;)

And dont post a new post when you update, edit the existing one ;)

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Great guide, however 2 little things...

Make sure your truck is 0 or a relativity low damage point, If it above 10%, i would recommend having a repair because engine problems can be a pain and may annoy other truckers.

*Skipped*

• If you know your truck is truly stuck or broken down press F7 and enter as soon as, This will make everyone's lives easier.

First part about damage. I noticed one thing driving with 30%+ damaged tires... once the tires get to a point in % the damage bar only shows the tires damage so you dont know the actual damage with out going to the Diagnosis part of the game (stop in a safe spot hit esc its on the right under my truck). Why drive with damaged tires? Well for one thing if you know what your doing even at 50% the truck is controllable. Second anything beyond 40% simulates a snowy/icy road.

Second you forgot Possible in ASAP :P

Same with mine, and next thing i knew it got pinned  :blink: I actually thought it would of been added to the Report topic...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

More tips:

If you got a longer load, aka not special containers, and unsure if you can make the turn without going in the other lane at the first curve in, enter the opposing lane before turning.

The GPS route is the one you want when heading out, as you still need to make a right anyways

Loading into ETS2MP around Rotterdam should be done within no collide areas otherwise you highly risk loading into someone else and giving someone a bad day

Avoiding Europort is a better idea overall, especially when the 2.5k player cap is gone.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Great guide, however 2 little things...

First part about damage. I noticed one thing driving with 30%+ damaged tires... once the tires get to a point in % the damage bar only shows the tires damage so you dont know the actual damage with out going to the Diagnosis part of the game (stop in a safe spot hit esc its on the right under my truck). Why drive with damaged tires? Well for one thing if you know what your doing even at 50% the truck is controllable. Second anything beyond 40% simulates a snowy/icy road.

Second you forgot Possible in ASAP :P

Same with mine, and next thing i knew it got pinned  :blink: I actually thought it would of been added to the Report topic...

More tips:

If you got a longer load, aka not special containers, and unsure if you can make the turn without going in the other lane at the first curve in, enter the opposing lane before turning.

The GPS route is the one you want when heading out, as you still need to make a right anyways

Loading into ETS2MP around Rotterdam should be done within no collide areas otherwise you highly risk loading into someone else and giving someone a bad day

Avoiding Europort is a better idea overall, especially when the 2.5k player cap is gone.

Added both of your information and quoted it :)) and edited it some more

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

I just go in SP when I have to go there because my game crashes nearly every time when I enter Rotterdam (or Amsterdam)

This happened once to me (last time I went into Rotterdam). I was however going full speed.

Have you tried lowering your graphics to the minimum? Might prevent that. Only a strong cpu/gpu combo will be able to go head on at Rotterdam without crashing at full graphics. Also try not to have anything else open, like 50 tabs in your browser (guilty).

I'll try Rotterdam when I get a load that goes threw there... I'm completing the 7 truck company achievement.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Have you tried lowering your graphics to the minimum? Might prevent that. Only a strong cpu/combo will be able to go head on with Rotterdam without crashing at full graphics. Also try not to have anything else open, like 50 tabs in your browser (guilty).

Especially Google Chrome, that takes up most of your RAM

I have 10 tabs currently open on Chrome and this is how much RAM it's using, (My dad use to have problems with Chrome taking up most of his computer memory)

2VtxG5A.png

This happened once to me (last time I went into Rotterdam). I was however going full speed.

Have you tried lowering your graphics to the minimum? Might prevent that. Only a strong cpu/gpu combo will be able to go head on at Rotterdam without crashing at full graphics. Also try not to have anything else open, like 50 tabs in your browser (guilty).

I'll try Rotterdam when I get a load that goes threw there... I'm completing the 7 truck company achievement.

I do run at full graphics but on a relatively strong computer (2500k, GTX 970 and 16GB RAM), but I'll try with lower graphics.

(@Chris: My Firefox uses twice as much with one tab open :P)

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

I do run at full graphics but on a relatively strong computer (2500k, GTX 970 and 16GB RAM), but I'll try with lower graphics.

I cant wait until the new IE thing (code name Spartan)comes out from windows later in the year :D 

OBS for Streaming is a good idea, but when it comes to capturing cold hard evidence, I use ShadowPlay by nVIDIA (Supported graphics cards only). I press ALT+F10 and I have the last 20 minutes of footage captured gets dumped to my hard disk ready for Vegas Pro to have a go before it finally hits YouTube.

If I'm lucky, Steam will force a screenshot just before ETS2MP ha a chance to say "You need to stop your truck before making screenshots"

Nice Specs... Though I still get lag around Europoort, and I run a pair of QuadCore Xeon CPU's in a workstation with a 650Ti SSC, 32GB of ECC-RAM... And believe me when I say she will manipulate HD Video as fast as it can play it.

I recommend OBS seen as you can set it up to live stream on twitch and then you can download it from twitch but you have a 3 day limit.

What cause the 3 day limit?

I am using twitch and the auto-deleting time is 14 days... And i know about a program what can download videos from any time from twitch (if that was saved or highlighted within the 14 days)... Also with OBS you can record to the HDD, even simulteniously on same quality.

So i do not get it!

ledgeri.png/@ twitch ( Where i am streaming my every MULTI MOMENT!)             EU #2

Don't rely on the GPS to get you from point A to B.  Use your map, plan ahead, and use your head.

Like real trucking :D

• 6 months later...

New version of EP survival guide after the In-Game Rules update.

Only one piece:

Don't park around EP or drive to EP for no reason, and you will survive from a ban.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Updated

• Add a better explanation for Plays.tv and shadowplay
  • Update the non collision zone pic (Hate the mirror being in it)

To do:

• May add how to get out the garage at busy times 
  • Another screenshot about the corners
  • Tidy it up abit
  • And whatever else :)

• 3 weeks later...