ATS Registration Problem

wingnut019

Question

Hello, I'm writing this as I'm having trouble getting TruckersMP to link my with ATS. I have been looking around the forums and YouTube for a solution but nothing so far. Do I have to make a separate account for ETS2 and ATS or can they both be linked to the same account? I did find the post by Tuxy Fluffyclaws regarding the criteria for MP.....

• That you have played at least 2 hours (120 minutes), 119 minutes is not enough. - I have 8+ hours in game on 2 profiles. One for MP (no mods), one for SP (mods)
  • That your profile is public. - My profile has been public for ETS2 MP for quite some time
  • That you own the game, Family sharing does not work. - The game was purchased for myself on this PC
  • That you have waited at least 5 minutes after pressing the button on your profile, the check can actually take that long if steam is having trouble.
  • Tried at least 2 times. - 3 attempts were made. Attempt #1 was 30 minutes waiting, Attempt #2 was 2.5hrs, and Attempt #3 was 12hrs (pc sitting overnight not being used).

I've also checked both of my email addresses, neither of them have a validation message. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm stumped :huh:

Thanks everyone, happy trucking!

4 answers to this question

Hello @wingnut019

When I look at your Steam profile, it says that you have not set up your Steam Community profile yet, which means that no-one can tell whether you own ATS and whether you have over 2 hours of gameplay or not.

I would suggest that you set-up your Steam profile by clicking the 'Community' button which is found on the Steam Library. Right-click Steam from your taskbar (bottom right hand corner of your computer screen), click 'Library' and then click 'Community' where it should take you to edit your profile. Then when your profile has been set-up, try linking ATS again.

I hope this helps! :)

Firstly, thank you both for the quick replies. After reading what you said I believe I know what the problem is. ETS2 MP gave me trouble with this as well when I first tried getting on. What i had to do was use my old email address ([email protected]) to link my ETS2. It has since switched to a gmail account as the comcast account is spam happy. @Tuxy Fluffyclaws The only thing I told TruckersMP is my Steam username under the profile settings (tpark1143) while I tried linking ATS just to be sure. But my steam ID has always been tpark1143. It's never changed names/been reported/suspended and all my privacy settings are set to public.... @jonathan4567 when I click on community from my main steam library it auto-signed me in. there was a log in button, then the page refreshed and I was on the community home page. I'm going to try linking again as maybe it was because I wasn't logged in to the steam community? 

Thanks again for the help, If worst comes to worst I'll just have to make another TruckersMP account. Not the end of the world there ^_^ 

EDIT: It wasn't the Steam Community thing, still didn't work

Edited by wingnut019