Is it really necessary to ban people for casually driving around europort?

Artical DAN

So i just got banned 4 hours for "useless traffic", but i don't really drive recklessly or anything, i just casually drive there because its one of the only places that doesn't feel like a complete wasteland and is lively.I know its a precaution to prevent traffic jams and whatnot but its really defeating the purpose being able to cruise around freely without having a job of some sort

I mean it is stated in the forum rules that useless traffic at EP is going to get you banned. Dont need to be there unless you have a load. Mods just doing there job keeping traffic flowing with minimal incidents.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ

1 hour ago, xXPandakXx said:

So i just got banned 4 hours for "useless traffic", but i don't really drive recklessly or anything, i just casually drive there because its one of the only places that doesn't feel like a complete wasteland and is lively.I know its a precaution to prevent traffic jams and whatnot but its really defeating the purpose being able to cruise around freely without having a job of some sort

by definition of the rules, EP is a high traffic area, so anyone seen driving without a reason in that area is seen as useless traffic and warrants a kick/ban, if you were bob tailing it through EP and crossing over at the ferry port to the UK, then fair enough, but if you keep making passes up and down the road, then you are useless traffic, causing extra lag and confusion for the inexperienced who see people keep turning around and driving up and down the same road.

As others have stated, unless you have a load or you are actively passing through to the UK to pick up a load, then you are considered Useless Traffic in a high traffic area. simple.

I just answered a guy in the Spanish subforum, he was complaining because he had been banned for useless traffic in EP when he was just driving with a load to stop at the hotel and log out for a rest (so he says, at least). The problem there is that being his fourth ban, he got one month. I can't tell if it was useless or legit traffic, but one month for something so fuzzy seems quite hard. As I said in that thread, only thing you can do is apeal and hope to be lucky. One of the reasons why I always try to avoid Rotterdam/Europort.They may be the most enjoyable areas in the map, but they're also the most dangerous in terms of getting a ban for doing nothing wrong (from your POV, obviously).

6 hours ago, _Lee_ said:

I've seen many people get banned for useless traffic even when there is only around 3 people there (very early in the morning) seems pretty unfair imo. When it's very busy then I understand.

If you got a video of it, pm @Clarkinator with it

If there is little to no people I would never kick or certainly not ban for just driving around and that's anywhere on the map. 

Now when there's few people I still expect proper driving, even if there's two people in town I won't accept reckless driving. 

As for Philip banning in the video above, he might have had his reasons, but then again, it's philip so who knows xD

I typically always try to grab a load after I drop off because IGA are always watching and I don't want to risk getting kicked. However I never understood the reason I maybe can not simply drive around a town after a load just to discover untouched areas?

Trucking in multiplayer and helping others where I can. 

In game rules.

^ That rule is applyed only at Europoort not in Rotterdam, so you can freely drive around there in the city. You can also go through EP without a load to get another load in UK, but you can't go back and forth EP without reason, because in a busy and "dangerous" area like EP all you'd be doing is adding useless traffic.

i think this is necessary, because when EP is highly populated, drivers that comes to EP for no reason at all will just increase the lag, it can also increase the workload of admins,since trolling and accidents are expected to happen during the populated period.

But when there's no traffic jam or EP is completely empty, i think it's not necessary to ban player with the "Useless traffic" reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic

Archived