What does in-game reporting do?

unnoticed01

Question

I am somewhat new and, I have reported people in-game. There is a report system that isn't as easy, out-of-game, that shows results. What is the difference and why does only out-of-game reporting show proof that someone was banned or kicked?

I have looked for an answer before asking here. If I missed it, if someone could maybe put the information in the same are as the "how to report" that would be great.

7 answers to this question

In-game reports:

• effective against rammers/blockers/wrong way driviers
  • Takes long to get the report completed because admins have to record proofs
  • Practically useless against insults on the CB or in the chat

Site reports:

• 150% guaranteed that the report will be reviewed (no risk for the perpetrator to evade if the proofs are sufficient)
  • You need to record/take pics for proof
  • It takes more time to fill a report on the site

Ingame reports show up to us Admins on the Admin Panel. We then can claim the report and Teleport to the incident. 

You should check out an Admin Stream at some Point, either Myself or @Chjl1234 Streams Admin work also @Clarkinator does too. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

The in game report system only works if there's an admin online, in game, there and then. I don't often use it unless there's an admin on right then.

The online report system gives you the opportunity to record/screenshot the bad'duns and get them banned. I always use this, as I've found it gives the best results. Any action taken online only takes effect the next time the user attempts to log in. For screenshots, use prnt.sc and for videos use YouTube or plays.tv.

And welcome to MP! Have a good one. :)

but what options does it give you? Can someone be banned when an admin doesn't see it or, if a name pops up multiple times will they just be kicked? I am just trying to get a written explanation in order for others to have some insight as to what actually happens. For all the n00bs like myself.

thank you. I appreciate it and sorry for wasting your time if I did.

In-game reports never guarantee that the reported player will get banned because the admin has to see it. If the player (let's say) rams you and then doesn't break any rules after, the admin has no proof to ban him. The admin has to see it, they can't just ban someone because someone reported it.

I don't think a player can get reported more than once anyways. Sometimes when i go to report someone it says something like "[Player name] has already been reported"

Hope this helps :)